Thread: Smaller push

Default Smaller push

Of course when you tap the push it does a small push but the second one is always bigger than the first. I found a weird trick to make that second one a bit smaller. Push forward on the left stick to make ur dude hunch over then hold the dark catch button. Then ur push should be a little smaller. It's good when you're rolling already and want a bit of a push but not a huge one. It also gives a nice visual variety with the pushing animation.

Got any more tips for a small push, I'd love to hear them.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    Of course when you tap the push it does a small push but the second one is always bigger than the first. I found a weird trick to make that second one a bit smaller. Push forward on the left stick to make ur dude hunch over then hold the dark catch button. Then ur push should be a little smaller. It's good when you're rolling already and want a bit of a push but not a huge one. It also gives a nice visual variety with the pushing animation.

Got any more tips for a small push, I'd love to hear them.
    Hmm, will have to test this in a bit.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

I might be wrong on this, but I also think the tap-push doesn't give you the weird leg-extension before putting the foot back on the board. Might be wrong tho haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

even tho i use the tap- push from time to time, i find it just as wrong and contrived as the regular one. too bad they didnt do them better.. the push and the stance are arguably the most important elements of skateboarding aestethics

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    .. the push and the stance are arguably the most important elements of skateboarding aestethics
    so true. I think thats something that takes a lot of pleasure out of the game for me; its hard to not be annoyed when the balls your skater's feet are hanging off the board and he's seemingly balancing on his heels.
    As for pushing, I usually tap my last push to avoid the leg kick as much as possible, but still getting the full effect of the pushes before it.

leg kicks all day....

I kinda stumbled upon this one time, but never thought too much about it...
    cuz its habit to tap up before I pop tricks, and so be it i ran into this....
    thought it might have been used already.....but never tired it with dark catch....more then likely he would have the t-rex hands while doing it...
    honestly its nothing amazing, just another minor tweek we come across time to time...
    anybody remember the standing body varial from S2?
    Clay did it in a video......

oh yeah hesh....your avatar should be a board.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I don't know about visuals or r1 after push but
    I've been getting a full kick and then a small one with just as much speed by tapping the right trigger right after he starts it..
    saves filming time for me.. too lazy to do a long roll up and it does cut down on time used pushing.

Blazing a Trail

yeah pushing forward or L2 at the right timing hunch works but pushing should work properly in the first place we shouldn't have to do these kind of things to stop our skater from looking retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Skatehead View Post
    thought it might have been used already.....but never tired it with dark catch....more then likely he would have the t-rex hands while doing it...
    Lol, T-rex hands. It aint too apparent cause you only have to hold it for half a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I don't know about visuals or r1 after push but
    I've been getting a full kick and then a small one with just as much speed by tapping the right trigger right after he starts it..
    saves filming time for me.. too lazy to do a long roll up and it does cut down on time used pushing.
    Trigger eh? Shit I'll give that a shot.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah I'm guessing it's no different from the stick forward but I just like pushing the trigger timing came pretty natural..

tried it. works. I like the one i came up with a little better even though its more of a bitch to do.