Thread: L.A. Noire (a small review)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been trying to avoid this thread all day for fear of bad reviews and spoilers but i couldn't resist any longer!!

I bought the game at 9am today, worked all day with the game in my car... and on my mind! And I still can't play it till 11pm tonight when the wife gets home from work >.>

I'm not expecting the game to be at all like GTA, I am hoping for a story driven, detective "whodunnit" type game. If it had no free roam at all I don't think I'd be bothered. Can't wait to see the character graphics in action.... just hoping it doesnt freeze every 2 minutes like I've been reading

Quote Originally Posted by Shaydee UK View Post
    I've been trying to avoid this thread all day for fear of bad reviews and spoilers but i couldn't resist any longer!!

I bought the game at 9am today, worked all day with the game in my car... and on my mind! And I still can't play it till 11pm tonight when the wife gets home from work >.>

I'm not expecting the game to be at all like GTA, I am hoping for a story driven, detective "whodunnit" type game. If it had no free roam at all I don't think I'd be bothered. Can't wait to see the character graphics in action.... just hoping it doesnt freeze every 2 minutes like I've been reading
    It's kind of a crapshoot on the overheating. Mostly older "Fat" model PS3s.. but a few 360's have been reported as well. I haven't heard what type of 360's yet though. I will say, I have an original 60gb PS3 and have had no problems thus far.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Played it for a few hours last night and I am really impressed. It is an open world game but its heavily story driven. I'm not sure how much there is to do outside of the main storyline though. I know there are some side quests that you pick up (seemingly randomly) by way of radio communication in your car. Either way, the gameplay is great fun. The searching for clues, interviewing people, interogating suspects all work amazingly mainly due to the incredible facial expressions, and voice acting.

The game being so linear though I don't expect I will be going in for seconds any time soon after beating the game however I dont think I will trade it in either as the DLC will add some extra funs and I can see myself picking it up again in 6 months or so, when I have forgotten everything for a replay.

highly reccomended by me

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

ending loldisappointed me
    fucking dumb
    /mad

the game's really good though, blah blah
    i relly lik teh carz

I'm on the fence about the game and this review definitely helped skyline, of course the first thing that comes to someone's mind when rockstar is mentioned is grand theft auto and when I first heard about this game, I was hoping it would be some what of a 50's gta game, but shortly after, I realized they would be nothing alike.

With that aside, rockstar always seems to deliver when it comes to a quality game and I commend them for doing that while multiple companies fail in that department. Most games offer ridiculous promises that never hold up with the final product and it's a shame and a waste of time for both parties when that happens, while rockstar always takes a good couple of years for a single game and makes sure it is up to par for their expectations, along with making sure that us consumers fully enjoy it.

I thoroughly hope they will start working on GTA 5 soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck