Thread: Fat Security vs. Skater (Classic)

Default Fat Security vs. Skater (Classic)

A classic security scuffle...

This was intense. I never realized how much this is actually a part of the skateboarding culture. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

It is, but it shouldn't be.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    It is, but it shouldn't be.
    what roc said.
    i get pissed off watching these things lol i can't imagine this happening to me, 'cause i think i would just lose my temper so badly that i'd knock the guy out, or try to anyways lol if a security fatfuck would steal my board like this and wouldn't give it back, and punch me in the face like he did to that kid, i would've for sure lost temper and fuckin go crazy on this dude

It was super awkward when he apologized :/

powertrippers..

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

been there, done that...

its the same everywhere you go, be it security guards, janitors or old fucks being pissed cause it is to noise for the lunchtime nap...
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

only thing worse than a real cop is a rent-a-cop.

they really fail at life, and get off nothing more than asserting their "power"

they can't legally hit you, and have no actual power, they can try to perform a citizen's arrest on you, but you don't have to comply with anything they ask of you.

hate people like this.

As I get older I'm starting to realize that it's BOTH sides fault. If they ask you to leave and you do so, and they still fuck with you, then that's on them. But skaters, as much as we've been known to say "fuck authority", really need to step up and leave when asked. In such a hostile climate such as this, where skaters are getting shot, tazed, beat up, arrested, etc, it doesn't hurt to say "ok, we'll leave" and then come back at night or when nobody is around. Litigation plays a HUGE part in this as well. With everyone (at least in the US), ready to sue your ass for whatever reason they can find, it's not worth arguing about or making the situation escalate.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Honestly, me and friends have had nothing but pleasant encounters with security and the police. A little respect going both ways, maybe it's just a Canada thing...

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    Honestly, me and friends have had nothing but pleasant encounters with security and the police. A little respect going both ways, maybe it's just a Canada thing...
    haha yeah, I get some chill security guards as well... I was skating an indoor parking lot the other day and the security guard just asked me to leave and he even told me good legit spots where security doesn't catch you around the city haha Canada ftw!

only bad encounter with a security guard I got was when me and a couple of friends were skating this set at a private business building and the security guard came out running and almost made my friend fall down the stairs as he was winding up to halfcab the set lol

there are some chill security guards though, but some can be assholes (like the one in this video). i just hope i'll never get a security guard like that idiot in the video

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Yeah, I'm sorry, but if I was the security guard in this case, I would have given the dude with the camera a colonoscopy.

You wonder why the security guards tend to be dicks to us? It's cause we tend to be dicks to them.

At the end of the day, every "rent-a-cop" is a dude trying to do his job, and I'm pretty damn sure 9/10 encounters he has with skaters are the kind of dipshit kids that make his job a royal pain in the ass.

Just listen to the sense of entitlement the little bitch on the skateboard is displaying... "You can't do that!" What... It's against the rules to take the skateboard you're breaking the rules to ride in the first place?!

It's not just that resepct breeds respect, but empathy goes both ways, too. EVERY cop, security guard, whoever I've EVER spoken to about skating in 23 years has been straight up NICE to me 'cause the first words out of my mouth tend to be "no worries, you're just doing your job." Sadly, as this seems to be, so many of us try to act like we're better than a dude who's trying to nail down a paycheck and act all indignant even though we KNOW we're in the wrong to be skating in a bust spot in the first place. The rules may suck, but it's not the fault of the person enforcing them. I may just be lucky, but I'm pretty sure that simply not acting like a childish asshole would make these encounters a lot easier for nearly any party involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

he went from so angry to apologetic. I hope he got suspended or something.