Thread: Antwan - Pop Tricks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I used to have fun doing step off tricks back in the day, but I tried to keep it to one foot step downs. A little different than what you're doing, but I would step off with my left foot (I skate goofy), flip the board over casper with my right and sweep my right leg around spinning the board 360 and back from casper, and turn my body 180. it was like a no comply impossible half flip or some shit. I did try to do them without the step down but I would always wreck myself. I don't know that there was a name for it, but my friends coined it a krypton flip. this was me just trying some wacky shit, trying to be like Rodney or Mike V, and failing for the most part. but I did end up being able to do slow rolling casper stall spins or whatever those are called.

but I dig what you're doing, man. really cool in my book.

I agree about the steps on a few tricks, the one where you spin 360 and the knee bounce one, but I think two steps is fine as long as youre still moving. I'm probably biased though because a friend of mine does a lot of stuff like this, all two steps and I think they look alright. he's got stuff at 5:15 if youre interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkB5VjcEvho
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Here's the best way I can put it: If you stop, so does your combo meter. If you slow down, so does the cool factor.

It inn't about how many steps you take, or whatever, it's about fluidity.

Coming up, stepoff's and boneless's only counted if they were one step unless it was a double foot plant on something. It's been a decade and a half, but that's my frame of reference.

For the record, the knee bonk flip would be cool if you let it go to the ground like that and rode off on it. That'd be pretty sick, actually.

Anyway, master one trick before you move onto the next. You're trying big things, but you need to build them out of many small ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.