Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
I would recommend buying an old school reissue since they have somewhat new school shapes while retaining old school size.
There are also some longboard companies that work with shorter lengths and traditional surf/skate shapes.

Here is a good place to check out. The Longboard Store
Element, Gravity, Old School, Surf One, and NOS (Sector 9 Crushers) all have shapes and sizes you'd probably enjoy.

You can use longboards wheels on a basic setup as long as you have clearance, but you'll *potentially* lose a bit of stability depending on truck size.
sick! I'm looking at the site right now and I'm seeing a few that I'd like. I'll definitely look at the brands you've mentioned. But I might as well use longboard wheels on a regular board if I can, but I just wanted to make sure cause I was thinking that, with wheels that are like 60+mm, I'd get "wheelbite" and break my ass and what not lol but I wouldn't go downhill much so stability wouldn't be an issue for me, and I'm pretty stable on a board (been riding for like 10 years now lol) so I know my way around riding a board.