Thread: This place isnt that different

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

honestly who gives a flying fuck about comments? its a video game its not like it makes a difference what some guy you dont know thinks of your video

I was kinda noticed for a while never really received a warm welcome from anyone, but i guess that is because i am a huge dick oh well.

Then i got noticed for building a dark skatepark with holes in the ceiling just got to find that break through

and dont take shit from anyone

yes, i also deleted a bunch of shit here...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Every community has cliques. It's that simple.
    If you want to get noticed by a specific group or the general populace you have to cater to their interests.
    Whether you are OG, S2, or S3 makes some difference and to some what Team you rode/ride for.

Video notices are hard unless you are uber creative or just damn clean for most of us.
    The main videos that stand out to me in the past year are "EternalRewind S3 Solo 1 (HC)" and "Roke
    Solo: Matanza" since they were creative and simply fucking sick watches.

GC peeps do some solid work and they get credit for it as well. I'll never forget TexFreeman, Deacon, and
    IIIIIKILROYIIII for example because they are fucking uber talented.

CAP on the otherhand has fucking blew up with some seriously talented people like Ohmi, Briden, Wilt, xRiver,
    and the CAP Faction guys for example.

If you actually care about getting attention, then you need to go above and beyond at this point so late in the
    game. Find a gimmick, talk to people, organize something, create something, etc...

Good luck.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I feel bad for all the new guys, its really just bad timing. Fluckit used to be a very small, tight nit community. Fluckit traffic was already starting to mellow out, and then EA goes to shit and we are flooded with new guys and mediocre videos. I try to watch as much as possible, but when you have been spoiled with hundreds of videos by guys that have been doing this for a while and got things dialed its hard to appreciate the average guy who's just getting into making vids, or just doesn't have the quality control/style/effort ect to set him apart.

The whole cliche things isn't really true. Well it is, and isn't, but it doesn't matter who you are, if you put out an amazing video you will get noticed, Eternalrewind is the perfect example when he put out that part with all the natas spins in S2. A complete unknown, but put out an amazing video and got noticed and the rest is history. We all started like that...

Pawn is pretty much dead on. We have been a small comunity forever made up of mostly older (not all) dudes that CHOSE to come here. These guys are still members but not near as active. They come here on cig and lunch breaks with not tons of time to watch every video anymore. So most likely will only watch a video from a friend. A lot myself included only communicate with that person via a comment on there video. It's nothing personal and won't change. There is plenty if not more new members to fill the void. It's pretty much impossible to increase views or comments in any way in any direction. Magic tried before at EA and peeps are gonna watch what they are gonna watch. It is nothing personal, it is what it is. I'm glad people have a place to keep active in the comunity.

If I offended anyone with my removed comments I am sorry, I meant no disrespect. I will admit I got carried away.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Once again, thanks everyone for putting in there thoughts. I never intended to disrespect fluckit, I was just I guess stating my early opinion on my time spent here so far which has been no more than a week or so. I'm not begging for views or asking for all the attention. I'm not new to the game, just new to this place. I've been playing the skate series since the OG demo dropped at like 3-4 in the morning 5-6 yrs ago. Only difference is I unfortunately didnt have a computer to edit my clips and had no other friends at the time that played Skate the way we do. I came to fluckit cause 1. It's a lot more respectful and chill. 2. I thought I would me more open to other places. And 3. Yeah EA is done and this is the only legit spot to be involved with. I'm not a little kid. Ill be 26 next month. The only intentions were to point out the obvious that if this is the last place we'll all get together and enjoy eachothers views, opinions, gc's, park's and videos than let's actually do that.

Thank u everybody for reading all of this and commenting back. Never tried to start arguments between other forum cats.

I'll take it for what it is as mentioned above and keep at it

Peace