Thread: This place isnt that different

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    The only thing you can put into that perspective to justify it is that whoever made the video also took the time to make the connections with the people on his team, or just regular viewers.

As much as it sucks, people have already formed groups. I know I comment on any vid I see from my GameFAQs crew, and it's usually a vice versa. Mostly cause I know the guys, have been doing random nonsense with them in some cases over a year, and I've seen a lot of their other work.

I say, do a proper "sponsor me" montoge with something like a cover letter explaining what you do and how you get it done, see if it gets any bites, and get in with that group. Sometimes, it's just who you know.
    well here is the thing Ive made no attempt to get to know Anyone, and I receive what I think is a fair amount of good comments.....

it should be NO different for Afro, he puts out good content

i feel ya,Afro.it does get frustating..i do it for the love of the game and for my personal satisfaction,but it does suck when you think you got something worthwhile and nobody comments.

i do get comments on my stuff from teammates and some randoms,and there's always the guys that pay it forward when you take the time to comment on their vids.i've only been around for about a year so i get what the guys that have been here for the long haul are saying.it does get monotonous and i'm probably one of those guys you'd call bland on the editing front.

i'd like to believe skating wise i put out good stuff,just more concerned with tricks than edits.that's just me,i love the vids that guys take the time to get elaborate with edits,i just don't have the means or the knowhow.

honestly who gives a flying fuck about comments? its a video game its not like it makes a difference what some guy you dont know thinks of your video

I was kinda noticed for a while never really received a warm welcome from anyone, but i guess that is because i am a huge dick oh well.

Then i got noticed for building a dark skatepark with holes in the ceiling just got to find that break through

and dont take shit from anyone

yes, i also deleted a bunch of shit here...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Every community has cliques. It's that simple.
    If you want to get noticed by a specific group or the general populace you have to cater to their interests.
    Whether you are OG, S2, or S3 makes some difference and to some what Team you rode/ride for.

Video notices are hard unless you are uber creative or just damn clean for most of us.
    The main videos that stand out to me in the past year are "EternalRewind S3 Solo 1 (HC)" and "Roke
    Solo: Matanza" since they were creative and simply fucking sick watches.

GC peeps do some solid work and they get credit for it as well. I'll never forget TexFreeman, Deacon, and
    IIIIIKILROYIIII for example because they are fucking uber talented.

CAP on the otherhand has fucking blew up with some seriously talented people like Ohmi, Briden, Wilt, xRiver,
    and the CAP Faction guys for example.

If you actually care about getting attention, then you need to go above and beyond at this point so late in the
    game. Find a gimmick, talk to people, organize something, create something, etc...

Good luck.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I feel bad for all the new guys, its really just bad timing. Fluckit used to be a very small, tight nit community. Fluckit traffic was already starting to mellow out, and then EA goes to shit and we are flooded with new guys and mediocre videos. I try to watch as much as possible, but when you have been spoiled with hundreds of videos by guys that have been doing this for a while and got things dialed its hard to appreciate the average guy who's just getting into making vids, or just doesn't have the quality control/style/effort ect to set him apart.

The whole cliche things isn't really true. Well it is, and isn't, but it doesn't matter who you are, if you put out an amazing video you will get noticed, Eternalrewind is the perfect example when he put out that part with all the natas spins in S2. A complete unknown, but put out an amazing video and got noticed and the rest is history. We all started like that...