Thread: This place isnt that different

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    i don't completely agree with you marco, i've seen a steady rise in views and comments on ma vids since i've joined here. And gained a lot of e-buddy's too ^^
    there's many new talent in the fakeskating scene. And i think the community has been more active lately, many community tages and stuff..
    ya but compared to the s2 days / early s3 days (which i dont have complete knowledge about since i wasn't there)...

i mean there were multiple forums with traffic and many activities. even in the early s3 days (when i arrived) there was this community vibe (even though it was mostly negative) that just isn't present anymore. im familiar with that energy that used to be in the community. i started a competition that was very active to me. hell if you try to start a competition these days... good luck with that.

Honestly the early s3 days were much more serious than today (and by that i mean more active)... people were more power hungry...
    And it wasn't always a bad thing. I can remember a year ago... seeing all the teams in the clubhouse... with their huge threads an active rosters. I wanted to be apart of that. But then I stopped giving a fuck. Most of these people have three years on me... 3 years that I will never have.

The OGs got their fun... their CC memories and many generations of teams...

But I also look at the different perspective. I mean people STILL play this game seriously. We see new people all the time. I'm seeing new teams and filmers on Lb. Jerrel still gets a billion views on his videos. I particularly get a significant amount of views. Lb is actually were all the kids go... all the new peeps. People like adam and matty are the new generation. But they will always have that timing disadvantage. This game will ACTUALLY die soon before they can do big things. Like I said, the OGs had their 3 years of comments and forum presence.

And the core of the fun in this series... seshing with people... is still in existence. I session with some REALLY good skaters that would be considered new. People still take turns with their friends, doing ridiculous lines until they bail. I do that. That is what this game is about. The separation of styles and the whole "I'll judge you by how you film," ruined it. I'm that guy who can enjoy all styles.
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 06-16-2011 at 10:41 AM.