Thread: C.A.P. killed creativity.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You honestly think wed be better off with just PC and no CAP? CAP saved this game from the grips of PC and its crappiness.

Quote Originally Posted by zodas View Post
    You honestly think wed be better off with just PC and no CAP? CAP saved this game from the grips of PC and its crappiness.
    this. that is all

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by zodas View Post
    Yes, definately yes! Edit: In reference to CAP saving this game... That was a bit unclear

Here's a different take on this whole discussion.

In a sense, the object dropper kind of killed parts of PC I think in combination with CAP. I'm strictly talking about for the developers now. When I look at PC I see what a lot of you see: copied spots, too much open space etc.

The reason for this isn't directly that they decided to throw in the object dropper and CAP but the fact that they tried to do it while also building PC. They didn't have the time to build a great city like San Vanelona and also come up with a lot of great objects for CAP.

I have no insight in the development process but my guess is that at least some of the guys who designed the city also did stuff that ended up in CAP and object dropper. And they did it more or less at the same time. In my opinion that resulted in having lots of CAP objects in PC and not the other way around.

In SV and NSV there where a ton of different looking trees and benches that where specific for a certain area. In PC, you can see the same tree in many different places and the same texture in different areas. This is probably not laziness but rather a shortage of time and a mentality that said: CAP and PC share a lot of assets so why not take a CAP-approach when building the city, the players can improve it with the object dropper.

In short: CAP helped kill creativity (for the developers). But deadlines was the real culprit.
    Last edited by rzrfvr; 06-22-2011 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Clarifying my yes

Banned

They did have the time to build a great city

They were just stupid by announcing the game incl. the month they would release it in so early.

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    They did have the time to build a great city

They were just stupid by announcing the game incl. the month they would release it in so early.
    That is hardly a decision taken by the developers.
    Member/Founder of CAP Faction

Banned

I'm talking both ea and the actual developers.

Steam
    radicalwhistle
    XBL
    okwiider

the whole city is a c.a.p...

i don't know about killing creativity, but CAP footage looks terrible and i refuse to use it in anything.
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?