Banned

Default C.A.P. killed creativity.

Yes.

really?

elaborate...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

I think the insinuation is that CAP gave us the ability to make whatever spots we pleased.. so we're less apt to try to skate PC in more unique and creative ways. I'd argue that CAP in and of itself is it's own outlet for Creativity.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

you're mad cause i'm stylin on you.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I agree and disagree. For me CAP got old for me building my own stuff and skating my own stuff. Since i could just build stuff around the specific trick i wanted or whatever. But skating all the CAP faction parks or SG's parks is a different story.

i think jerry bear is looking for the next engine exploit...

lets face it..
    we all can roam around and get tricks..
    but thats not what jerry bear wants and i agree...

took me 4 days to get a grind on the low rail that i was happy with...specifically because im going against what the engine wants to do..
    like wallies..
    like bonks...

me and jerr need a new "trick"...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Jest, sorry to offend you. It was kind of a rant. Prod has skills, but if you're asking me who has the better switch flip then I'm going with Gino every single time. Art is also subjective. And the point I was making does pan out. If I stenciled a mountain dew logo onto the Mona Lisa how do you think that would effect the quality of the art? PRod's skill are obviously otherworldly and I myself have never landed a remotely good looking switch flip and I never will.

I feel that America is a culture in decay. Money is more important than beauty. We waste our resources wantonly. Corporations brand us as children. My daughter has over a hundred advertising jingles memorized and I have hundreds if not thousands memorized. I can tell the difference between a Audi and VW at 100 yards, and it's no accident. Advertising is propaganda. Propaganda is purely aimed at manufacturing consent. We think we're free, but we are not. Tomorrow, try to live for an entire week without buying something made by a corporation. Look in your closet see if you have a single article of clothing without any labels on it. Try to go for an entire week without eating any food that you see in a television commercial. It's impossible.

I shouldn't get down on PRod; he's just as much a consumer as anyone else. If you see him tell him I'm sorry that I used him as an example to prove a larger point about art and how it should remain pure; untainted by corporate branding.

I'm going to keep my opinion out of this thread from this point on. I'll just lurk it. Peace.
    Your preference of Switch Flips doesn't bother me at all.

Your feelings about Corporate Branding have nothing to do with what you said about P Rod though. Mountain Dew tells him what to wear? I mean really come on dude. In a Profession where those with the most buying power could careless about supporting the Professionals.. how exactly are these guys supposed to do what they do? And if P Rod (or any other Pro for that matter) blows his ACL.. how's he going to support his family? At the end of the day you can feel however you want about Corporate Sponsorship.. but to think that they have any degree of control over the people they sponsor aside from public appearances and advertising, then you're completely mistaken.

The man took his Corporate Money and Sponsors and created two skate plaza's in some of the most High-Risk Neighborhoods in Los Angeles. When he opened his shop Primitive, he employed homies that looked out for him and helped him in his career coming up, to run it. When one of his best friends, Dan Abadi, got broke off so bad he was shook from skating for years (he was AM at the time of the injury) Paul hired him as an Assistant so he could still make a living being around something he loved. When he started to blow up and had access to well known big name filmers and photographers, he still went to his homies for his footage and photos.. allowing those homies like Dario Rezk, Nigel Alexander, and Hermie Jimenez to create careers for themselves. On top of that.. he's just a cool guy. Always friendly. Always humble.

You're free to post your opinion about the topic all you want. You shouldn't be concerned about that. However you have to understand that your example really had very little to do with the topic in addition to being very insulting about someone that you really don't know about enough to make statements like that. It just so happens that someone on this board does know that man and was offended by your statements. Something to consider.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou