Thread: C.A.P. killed creativity.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i think jerry bear is looking for the next engine exploit...

lets face it..
    we all can roam around and get tricks..
    but thats not what jerry bear wants and i agree...

took me 4 days to get a grind on the low rail that i was happy with...specifically because im going against what the engine wants to do..
    like wallies..
    like bonks...

me and jerr need a new "trick"...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I dunno, after going back to OG, I kinda view S3 in a different way. I pretty much only do stuff that can only be done in S3, be it CAP or different Flatground variations ect. All the engine breaking stuff is just so much smoother in OG, but S3 allows me to do more of my RL kinda stuff. Kinda off topic, but i dont think anything can kill your creativity, if you wanna get creative theres nothing stopping you

Blazing a Trail

The idea of create-a-park killing creativity seems really counter-intuitive to me. I have replicated several real life spots that I've seen in magazines, skate videos, etc. If anything CAP gives us more room for creativity because we don't get stuck skating the same spots over and over again. With CAP you can have an idea of a certain trick at a certain spot and if you have the talent you can turn that idea into a real tangible thing. If your point was that CAP allows people to keep doing the same "tricks" only on new objects then that is just kind of odd because the nature of skating involves people doing the same tricks on different spots...yeah there is innovative stuff that comes out every once in awhile with regard to tricks but a big part of skateboarding is taking a bag of tricks onto all different types of spots. That's just the reality of it. BUT even if a lot of people are getting stuck in the same sort of thing doesn't mean its killing creativity, just that people have developed certain styles that they like to use with regards to filming/trick/selection/editing. It doesn't mean that you have to follow that style though...you can always do things different than everyone else. CAP gives people more possibilities for innovation and that is a foundation for creativity so I disagree.

I see Pro's and Con's
    Hesitation.....Kills

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Jerr Bear is right.

and i think i agree for different reasons. I see it as noone looks for spots anymore? they just go to a great CAP and spots are placed in front of them. It's easy. I mean look at it this way, this time in S2, we already had tons of spots in NSV named (handigap, darkness, etc). Freeskate sessions were more of "come check out this sweet spot i found" "I can't, i don't have a map".

But i CAP opens up the possibilities of what there is to skate, but it takes away from the search for something new to skate and trying to find creative ways to hit things.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Didn't Linny say this?
    It was either cap or movables

Anyway how could anyone read into a one word post

My guess is he was more interested in seeing if anyone bit to his social experiment
    If so he obviously guessed right
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Blazing a Trail

Yeah but to say that CAP takes away from "searching for spots" just doesn't make sense. You can search for spots all you want CAP doesn't hinder that in any way the original map is still there. It just adds the "what can be made" factor to the "what can be found" factor. Its an addition not a subtraction. When CAP was created it wasn't at the cost of anything. You foolish fools!!!

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FullyFl4RED00 View Post
    Yeah but to say that CAP takes away from "searching for spots" just doesn't make sense. You can search for spots all you want CAP doesn't hinder that in any way the original map is still there. It just adds the "what can be made" factor to the "what can be found" factor. Its an addition not a subtraction. When CAP was created it wasn't at the cost of anything. You foolish fools!!!
    Yea but what's easier? A) searching through PC for a new spot B) loading a Skate.Park
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Jerr Bear is right.

and i think i agree for different reasons. I see it as noone looks for spots anymore? they just go to a great CAP and spots are placed in front of them. It's easy. I mean look at it this way, this time in S2, we already had tons of spots in NSV named (handigap, darkness, etc). Freeskate sessions were more of "come check out this sweet spot i found" "I can't, i don't have a map".

But i CAP opens up the possibilities of what there is to skate, but it takes away from the search for something new to skate and trying to find creative ways to hit things.
    Yeah i have to agree that...BUT not everyone. My passion in S3 is still trying to get on rooftops to see new stuff to skate...doesn't matter is it crappy roofgap or nice UG rail. It's all new...i'm always trying to get higher tops and higher...

BUT, creative is not just spots...maybe it killed manies creativity to film in Port Carverton. For me (and for many others), it gave chance to be even more creative. I wouldn't be playing S3 anymore without CAP. Creativity for me in S3 is creating new spots...not just that same flatbar over and over again. I was just testing my new park with Marco and we really figured out that theres always more and more different spots to create. Creativity is not just filming in Game map. In my opinion CAP gave more creativity into skate series. I'm not trying to shut down anyones opinion. Everyone has own opinion...i appreciate it.

Woah that took long to write that sh!t haha =D CAP <3

hmm...there are a handful of useful quotes in this thread.
    Last edited by saunders420; 06-22-2011 at 04:45 PM.