Thread: C.A.P. killed creativity.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pairsprowlin 666 View Post
    i agree with this statement, CAP footage is only good for a video at that spot..
    If the edit is legit

And to me it does seem CAP killed many people's ability to create within boundaries, with the boundaries being PC.

---

And don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm anti-cap:

Last edited by jerr bear; 06-23-2011 at 03:41 AM.

I'm late to the party. CAP isn't killing creativity. It's just creating a different kind of creativity. Making an environment that looks and feels real with the (broken) tools you're given is comparable to the same creativity that brought about popless and all of the other little tricks that people use to make their clips look great. I've made a few CAP's (not very good ones) and the fun is in making them. I hardly ever skate CAP's and I've never used a CAP clip in a video and (probably) never will. I think they're two separate things, both made to entertain someone with a skateboarding mindset. Who hasn't thought about designing their own park at least once? I don't think that the skating done in CAP is that great for a lot of reasons, one of them being that it will never look like a real city. People have come incredibly close and I applaud their efforts and skills, but it's always just not quite there. I also can't relate to CAP tricks, like people have mentioned. If I've never been there in game how do I know how hard it is? I also can never get the skating through the city feel in CAP, which is what I'm into. I'm not that stoked about setting a session marker and just trying a trick for an hour. I want to start at point A and eventually end up at point B and skate shit in between. In order to make an environment that looks real you're basically dropping the area that you can use down to 7-11 parking lot size. I can't cruise around in that, it's booooorrrriiiing. I have other points but I stopped caring about typing this about 2 sentences in.

Oh and Robley, we all know you skated that curved CAP rail in Megamyth.

this thread is so weird hahahahaha
    say if skate 1 and 2 were only flatground
    but skate 3 added object dropper. the addition of more options gives us way more ways to express our creativity. and i think we would all be thankful

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post

oh and robley, we all know you skated that curved cap rail in megamyth.
    .... shut up.
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?

XBL
    TheDietTea

My whole focus is creativity
    STILL going strong my friend
    if you haven't seen my videos you might think it's dead
    and I'm not even up my ass haha
    I watch people's videos with intent to avoid what everyone's doing.
    Been doing it for 4 years..
    If you let go of the bullshit boundaries you call realism you might learn a few things
    that you could even add to your own realistic style..
    but have fun yeah.. creativity is in approach
    fun is in not caring what they think.

Banned

Are you saying I'm not being creative within my rather realistic style? I do think I'm innovative for that matter, or at least distinguish myself from others.

And I don't think boundaries are bullshit, they add a sense of challenge to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post

And I don't think boundaries are bullshit, they add a sense of challenge to the game.
    gotta agree with Jerr on this one,but at the same time i think some of the CAPs out there can be just as challenging as PC.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Jerr if I wanted to direct something at you I would use your name
    That's my opinion and it's directed to anyone not looking at the big picture
    in the long run what you consider realistic is based on real life skateboarding
    which always changes, someone always pushing the bar
    eventually someone is going to make something fake reality so what is the point.
    You're going to wait until you see that video to consider trying it in the game..
    and you can keep responding to my responses but I will lose interest soon
    just as I lose interest in seeing the same flips and grinds in different spots.
    Once you go out of your comfort zone is when you're getting creative if you ask me
    there's too much realism.