Thread: Filming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Filming

Hey guys, I have played the games since OG, but never had time or desire to film. Lately I have been getting the desire, but find my filming to be bland and whatnot.

Was wondering if you guys could shed some light for tips and some guides on some shit.

- Long lense
    - good fisheyes
    - ramps
    - what mm's work best for different styles

And I always end up with a 45 second clip when I only need 7 seconds of it. Anyway to down it to make the filming process easier?

Haha, I can't think of too much atm because I am still at work, but I think you get the idea. Any tips or tricks would be cool. I loved the filming in plain tee crew's last vid (all of their filming is what I am after). And saunder's Carroll vid was very impressive as well.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by xRiverKing; 06-17-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

experiment and find something you like, i guess a good place to start would be low and close to the skater but there's really no set formula.

edit: and for your last question, you have the scrub tool...

Stopped Pushing Mongo

I would also be grreatful to find out.

too bad the EA forums took a shit.there were some really good tutorials on filming.
    i'm no expert by any means,but like snail said experiment a little,watch other vids.when i first started filming i'd save a few replays and play around with the cams..different lenses,angles and such.that really helped me out personally.

As Snail said there is no set formula its all about finding what works for you.

That said this good for filming lines.

For long lens, glitch the camera the opposite way described in the video until it the desired length (i tend use 150mm to 350mm) depending on what I am doing. Also on Long Lens I recommend turning off the vignette.

have fun dude.

It depends on what type of style you are going for. If your trying to recreate a more realistic look, I think 16mm fisheye is the most common used in real vids. I sometimes take it down 14mm depending on the shot. Lots of guys go to 10mm but i think that distorts the shot a little too much but they make it work for there style.
    I just max it out for long lense.
    Try doing some long lense shots that really focus close up on the board and mix those with your fisheye.
    Your clips may seem boring in game but set too music along with your other clips I think you might feel differently.

And I think you said you can only get 45 second clips, while editing in game hold the right or left bumpers and hit one of your analog sticks. You should be able to cut down the length of your clips this way.