Thread: Filming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boxer my man thank you for this, I need criticism.

I agree 100% on my fisheye. It needs work, and I feel I have gotten better since this post. I hate the way I started it, and the pan to the post was terribad haha. I like 15 mm myself, but I am now using anywhere from 12 - 20 mm. Sometimes I find it hard to keep things fresh, like angles and positions and whatnot.

I find long lens pretty simple, and really fun. I am not sure how I feel on this one, it was decent enough for a beginner I guess. Thanks for the compliment!

I will prob ask you for some guidance later when my schedule eases up. Haha

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Haha no problem, glad you liked the criticism, you film how you want to film though. But you get better at it after lots of trial and error, and from other people's tips as well.

Honestly, my filming improved a lot because of VirtualParadise. A while back, I tried to get on Conspiracy, and he sent me this huge message on stuff I should try to improve/focus on, from the tricks to the filming. Because of this, I've more or less changed how I play and film, but I like my stuff more than I did initially. It's from everyone's criticism that you'll get better at filming. Sure it's always good to get comments like "really sick" but it's also good to get comments like "that was garbage", but only if they back up their negative comment and not be a troll haha

I actually find lines are easier to film, partially because I find that filming for lines is more or less straight forward while for long lines, you have to find a nice looking angle, and half the time I try I can't really find an amazing angle for the trick. But again, probably trial and error, I should try to film more long lens I guess and experiment with it haha.

Whenever your schedule loosens up, I'll be glad to help out if I can dude!

VP is one of the best at this game in all ways, no question. Its cool that he gave you some insight.. sounds good we can tinker around sometime.

Sorry to kinda hijack this thread, but I didn't wanna start a New one and my question is kinda related to filming.

Not played Skate in a while. Got the urge to skate and film the other day but found that I couldn't upload my stuff and I was constantly getting the 'cannot connect to EA server' message.

This just a one off?

Fluckit Master

It happens from time to time.. EA servers are very unpredictable.. some times it works.. some it doesn't. Just keep on trying or save your replays and try another day.

Fluckit Master

Filming is one interesting topic, maybe what makes the Skate games even more entertaining. Most of us (some of you skate, I particularly ride bmx) get the ideas from real life videos and that's what helps the most I think.
    Of course watching other skate game videos helps too.

Now that I think about it, I think I've never saw a skate game video filmed like this:
    A bmx park video filmed from a RC Helicam. (7D attached to a RC heli, I'll post the pic below).

Some one should do this!

i watched that heli test vid yesterday..
    sick....

fake skate done the same....
    brought to you by myself...

http://www.wegame.com/watch/SPEILBURG/
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Banned

SKy high angles might not work because the board is usually under the skater, people do like to film from high "diagonal" angles though, at least, I've seen it.