Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P. Ryan Dunn

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I heard 130 on the news today. Like I said, if you know what you're doing, you know where to do it. NOT on the roads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Hard to judge before the facts, if "what has been reported" on what he had to drink is true then I think he was ok to drive. If he was x2 the legal limit and coked up I might feel dif. I can't be the only one to think those guys remind me of me and my friends. I have video tapes of me and my friends fuckin shit up too. So if he deserved it so did a majority of the youth today. As for the speed, I have had almost every car I own north of 100mph and 2 that I can think of faster than what is reported. And none of them were on a track so mostly 55-65 is the posted speed so I cant blame him there either. On the other end I have also been 130 in a super gas chasis race car in the quarter mile at a track. I think when you go past 90 in any vehicle you know in the back of your head the consequences, on the track or the road. I don't think a car is that unstable at high speeds especially a $100,000+ Porsche. Maybe he shouldn't of mixed the 2 together but I have been in similar circumstances and probably will again. So far I can't see were he deserved it and I feel sorry for anyone involved.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

What's done is dunn...

Fluckit Master

WBC sure takes disrespect to a whole other level that's for sure.. but check this out.. even fans disrespect him by taking parts of the crashed vehicle and sells it on ebay.. I mean what the fuck?? what a bunch of dicks.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBSpGXyji1I

And another link about WBC.... http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1672...e-memorial.htm fucking disgrace

ryan dunn tribute show on radio bam with a fucking great story about a boat....

http://megaupload.com/?d=P8EFOGRN
    "She had a fanny like a packet of cheddar and onion McCoys. 50p. High fat content. Stunk of coagulted cow-juice. Udder shudder. Chop an onion. Makes you cry. So did her snatch. Growled at me like a rapist's dog. My favourite crisps."

while it is sad when anyone, anywhere dies...

having a BAC double the limit and driving between 130 and 140mph on a dark rural highway definitely means you're going to die.
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    Wouldn't do it today, but when I was 16-17 I had a turbo 1996 Subaru Legacy that I got up to around 125-130 in a 55 a few times. Was not drunk, was not dark, but still dangerous and stupid.

This is all so shitty, seeing Bam cry hit me somewhere weird, made me all emotional and disgusted... It was like watching I Am Sam with 1 man 1 jar in a picture in picture or something.
    I think the fastest I've ever hit was in the neighborhood of 160 or so, and I know I've been north of 100 on public highways more than anyone would call average. But, let's be pragmatic... Poor choices lead to poor outcomes. Driving that fast, in the dark, on a twisty road is dangerous regardless of your sobriety level. Not to say "he deserves to die," but that was the consequence to the poor choice in behavior.

And as far as that pile of Bam crying goes... I was hoping to witness that firsthand one day when I kicked him in the nuts for being such an abismal example of skateboarding.

As much as I enjoyed CKY and all it's offshoots in my younger years, and did some dumb things myself, those folks have chosen a certian lifestyle, and been very overrewaeded for it. An entire generation has had TV make that behavior seem acceptable by how accessable/common it is, and our society only stands to lose as a result. If there's one positive thing from this tragedy, maybe it'll be a wake up call to the Jackass crew and their fans that risky behavior carries real consequences.
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

His Blood Alcohol level was like .129, twice the legal limit. Still very sad regardless of how it happened and it's easy for someone to say it isn't sad, when it's not someone close to them.
    Hesitation.....Kills

I agree with Stoked on this. People have and will do "jackass" type crap regardless of a TV show.

And Bam is a better skateboarder than most will ever be in their lives. Sure he's a dick but there's tons of dicks in the world. No need to single him out for it.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Stevland View Post
    Now Wee Man has a "Thatch Covered Cock Garage" too!
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    I don't know where all these blood alc. level numbers are coming from. My understanding is that the tests for that wouldn't be available for four to six weeks.
    I think thats the toxicology reports or something that determines weather there was any other substances (drugs basically) in his system. From what I heard that will tell you exactly what he had in him at the time of the crash. The alchohol blood level can be done in couple hours I'm led to believe, which just shows numbers.

Don't agree with people sayin he killed himself and took Zacks life with him. If you chose to get in a car with a driver you know to be under the influence of drugs or alchohol, I believe it's as much your responsability for what happens to you as the driver. Unless someone points a gun to your head and says get in.

Stupid, yes, but still a tragedy.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    I agree with Stoked on this. People have and will do "jackass" type crap regardless of a TV show.

And Bam is a better skateboarder than most will ever be in their lives. Sure he's a dick but there's tons of dicks in the world. No need to single him out for it.
    A) Risk versus reward behaviors. The "Jackass" crew was paid well above and beyond the normal level of reward for their risky behavior. Major media influences many people. Seeing someone unduly rewarded for risky behavior shows it in a certain light, and major media portrayal will influence some people to see it as such. Period.

No shit people did dumb crap before this phase of televised entertainment began, but it was just usually something that someone came up with on their own to get a laugh or something. You'd have to be pretty ignorant not to know that. However, the media shows so few consequences to the behaviors and risks that are on display, and makes multi-millionaires out of the people performing the dangerous acts. Face it guys: Kids do the dumb shit they see famous people do on TV. I stand by my thought that this, if nothing else, serves to right that risk and reward imbalance. It's not a cause and effect thing by miles, just a portion of both. Yes, it's sad someone died young, but pragmatically speaking, it goes to show that leading a risky lifestyle can have dangerous consequences.

B) Bam Margera is better at skateboarding than most people, but he's a godawful example of a skateboarder. I was a fan of him in his younger years, when he was the am on Toy Machine doing new and impressive things on his skateboard. The fact he's "a dick" doesn't play into my disdain for him... It's the media figure he allowed himself to become, letting skateboarding take a backseat. Had he still been putting out awesome footage and getting spreads in magazines, or even doing well on some contest circuit in tandem with the success of his non-skateboarding he would still be respected in the skateboarding community. But, that new and impressive stuff he USED to do only served as a launchpad for all the crap he's done since, and as he gained his initial fame via skateboarding, the mainstream media still lumps him in as one of us. Fact is, he more or less abandoned skateboarding to peruse... Uh... Acting?! Whatever you'd call his current career, yet he's still one of the biggest names in the sport. He's almost the Larry Gaga of skating. He's not a famous skateboarder for skateboarding any more than Gaga is famous for being anywhere near a decent musical artist. It's all superficial shit glorified in the name of something I hold above that debased level of superficiality.

In summary - Media has made the behaviors of the Jackass crew more appealing to attempt by some by rewarding said behaviors beyond typical means. Media DOES carry influence over more people than anyone would call normal. Very rarely does said media bother to show nearly the consequences that would balance out the level of reward it offers. For once, those easily influenced by media have something tangible to connect with those consequences. NO, TV didn't make people act dangerously, but it did, for some, entice, justify, or encourage people to behave poorly.

And fuck Bam Margera.
    Last edited by DonVigo; 06-24-2011 at 12:50 PM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post

B) Bam Margera is a godaweful example of a skateboarder. I was a fan of him in his younger years, when he was the am on Toy Machine doing new and impressive things on his skateboard.
    SWEET...... sorry