Thread: Still playing OG?

Default Still playing OG?

If so tell me why...

also...

If you want to session with me on Skate 1, my gamertag is TG Marco Polo. I want to session with someone on skate 1.

^this question might be really abd but... whatever... im interested in the responses...

I arrived in this community in the beginning of Skate 3. It has almost been a year for me now. After obtaining and playing all 3 games in the past year, I must say that skate 1 has been the most fun. OG skate has been the most fun simply because it is the most relevant to skateboarding. I've grown to enjoy free skating and online sessions with my friends more than filming today. Videos are fun when you see the final result, but the rest is a chore to me. However its something that I will do for teams sake.

I tore my achilles tendon in October of 2008, bought an xbox and skate and never looked back. It's still got the best spots IMO, and neither of the sequels have been able to capture the fun that skating spot to spot had. Starting up at PJ's mansion and cruising all the way down to EMB, hitting spots along the way. I think especially with me being unable to skate for 6 months, it came so much closer to the feeling of RL skating than anything I'd ever played before.

I also made my first vids in OG skate, way before I knew there was a fakeskate community. I still play it here and there, and if I ever get a cap card, I'll go back to making them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Screw videos. Session with me online some time. We can cruise from Pjs mansion to EMB like you said. Hell, I checked today, and the online thing still works... just not for uploading clips.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I still play OG for the nostalgia, the city, how smooth everything is, especially popless, UG's, pivot tricks, slappy grinds ect. The carving with Carroll, that wooden mini just outside the CC. I basically prefer OG on pretty much everything except what it cant do, but thats what S3 is for, all the flatground kinda stuff, fingerflips, boneless/no comply tricks and the like and CAP.

Banned

Ordered Eascyap

Amateur Flucker

i play s1 and s3. s3 i will play if i want to listen to music and play on hardcore but i'll switch back and forth between the two. san vanelona is clearly the better designed city, for which is the main reason i will continue to go back to it. it just seems like s3 was rushed and the city design really took a hit because of it.
    Scharkey

Skhate's videos made me start playing it again. The city and graphics are divine compared to s3. Hell I even recommended a buddy to buy it; he only had s2 and s3 but now all he does is cruise San Vanelona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

I float between all 3 depending on my mood. I don't make many s1 videos as I can't be arsed to set my PVR all the time, but I do love to just skate around and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Ordered Eascyap

Still not to late to get in on the OG colab

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    Skhate's videos made me start playing it again. The city and graphics are divine compared to s3. Hell I even recommended a buddy to buy it; he only had s2 and s3 but now all he does is cruise San Vanelona.
    Its funny because skate 1 is newest game to me in the series. I purchased the games in opposite order... starting with s3 and ending with s1. So every time i pop in OG its a little more refreshing than the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    I basically prefer OG on pretty much everything except what it cant do, but thats what S3 is for, all the flatground kinda stuff, fingerflips, boneless/no comply tricks and the like and CAP.
    Right. I play skate 3 more for "business" purposes also. s3 has some of the best video productions of this series. I'll film for team videos (not much for myself anymore), and take pictures. I'm actually pretty comfortable with pictures. I'm an administrator and staff photographer for Lb Magazine.

this may sound very noobish, but OG skate was what got me into skating in real life. also, OG had the most entertaining campaign out of all of them imo. San van just seemed bigger, and it felt like you were skating in a city. in pc, alot of the time it feels like your skating in a tony hawk game, because in some areas (all mart, etc.) it just seems overdone. i freeskate around in OG every often enough , and i often start the career mode over again, and then when i go back to s3 it feels like im rediscovering everything that skate 3 has to offer. OG rules.

Also,

OG regs has to be the easiest thing to skate in this entire series. You can get so much flow on the OG regs mini ramp to the point where you are getting 5 min lines... all perfectly clean tricks. OG regs is my favorite place to skate in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    Also,

OG regs has to be the easiest thing to skate in this entire series. You can get so much flow on the OG regs mini ramp to the point where you are getting 5 min lines... all perfectly clean tricks. OG regs is my favorite place to skate in this series.
    almost to the point where its too easy in that regs mini unless you are doing nothing but bangers. It is crazy smooth though.
    Make the switch to skating that wooden mini behind the train station next to the CC, that thing is always a challenge to get anything, and my favorite place...

wow man. i found that mini. its looks amazing... the perfect size.

its definitely a challenge with the physics... right now im landing some smooth front side blunts and back side feebles back to fakie... sick spot right here man.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    wow man. i found that mini. its looks amazing... the perfect size.

its definitely a challenge with the physics... right now im landing some smooth front side blunts and back side feebles back to fakie... sick spot right here man.
    oh yeah man, its nuts. You can even drop button popless flip tricks out in that thing. I dont know why i never skated that thing back in the day, I guess Regs was easier, couldn't be bothered. Gonna have a full part on that ramp someday

sick dude. i plan to get an easy cap. if i thrown down a few bangers would it be ok if i sent you some? ive got some stuff up my sleeve for that regs mini as well. Its fun to watch a good banger on a mini ramp.

Check out these guys for instance...

Those are some CRAZY combos...
    I bet im more likely to land some of those tricks on OG...
    I'd like to know what is the best mini ramp video part you have ever seen.

2:15 - 2:34 The guy goes NUTS with the Back side and front side blunts...
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 06-18-2011 at 02:56 PM.

yeah man you can send me clips for the OG colab or the wooden mini, or both

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Pretty much what Deacon said... One day I'll feel like playing S3, and the next I'll be playing OG skate. If I'd have a PVR or any cap card, I'd probably play more OG skate, because I enjoy making videos, since I'm trying to get better at editing for real life skate videos. I've been thinking about buying a cap card recently, mainly for OG skate lol I might do it if I find a good deal for something decent...

I searched for pvr's but they're mad expensive for a game imo. Any advice as to which cap card is decent for a decent price?

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Ordered Eascyap
    Did you get it yet? Think you could spare me some info about pricing, quality, etc.?