Thread: me in slow motion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I might be wrong, but I think...FD lenses are made for super old cameras, and it might not fit on your body. But you can get adaptors for them for like 30 bucks or something so that it will fit. I might be wrong, but maybe look into it. SLR is different from DSLR, just so you know. 60d is a DSLR. But yeah, worst case scenario, you just get the adaptor and the lens should still work fine.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

FUCK! This pisses me off so much. I hope it fits... Now I'm starting to regret the fact I just bought this lol Wasn't such a good deal afterall... I honestly hope you're wrong though, Hopefully it'll be fine as is... Just got my hopes up high for nothing haha Fuck my life

Edit: Here's what I bought. Shows the lens with pictures and everything. CANON FD 50mm f/1:1.8 .Prime Fast Lens SLR Film *MINT*

2nd edit: Is this what I need if I have to get an adapter? Lens Adapter (sorry to bother you with this kind of shit haha :/ )
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 07-05-2011 at 09:56 PM.

sorry man, but you did get an FD lens and it probably won't fit But don't worry, it's not like you just dropped hundreds of dollars or anything. If I was you I'd try to get rid of that FD lens because the picture won't be as sharp. But if you do decide to keep it, this is what you'll need (the lens adaptor link you posted won't work) http://cgi.ebay.com/CANON-FD-Lens-EO...item335df8345b

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Damn... I don't know then lol For sure it wasn't expensive, but I should've got informed to make sure something like this wasn't gonna happen lol Oh well, people learn from their mistakes, and I've learned that SLR and DSLR isn't the same, and that if I want a lens for the canon 60D cameras, I need DSLR haha

But how bad will the picture not be as sharp though? Because if it doesn't change drastically, I can spend the extra 30$ to make the lens fit onto a camera and use it for now, until I buy an actual 50mm f/1.8 DSLR lens haha. If you think there will be a huge difference, then I'll try to sell that lens for like 60$ and use that money for the lens I'll really be needing for the 60D lol

Edit: just went to futureshop today, might get the 60D way sooner than expected lol I might be able to get those plans where I'll pay money every month and shit, which would be easier instead of paying 1500$ in one shot. But they don't have just the body, so I'll have to buy the lens kit that comes with it (18-135mm Lens Kit).
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 07-07-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that video so much a little bit pee came out. the editing was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that video so much a little bit pee came out. the editing was very impressive.
    lol dude wut?

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

watching this again is making me want the 60D even more haha really can't wait to get it... and watching this and seeing you're from Canada, I'm starting to realize that only Quebec parks are fuckin garbage lol the rest of Canada seems to have decent parks, atleast from what I've seen.