Thread: me in slow motion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hellaclips baby

Damn this looked sick. Feeble 180 and that blunt looked super slomo clean.
    Camera????

Thanks man.

it was shot on a Canon 7d. Most shots I believe he used a 70-200L 2.8 lens, and the 180 over the stairs he used a Tokina 11-16 2.8. He filmed it with a super high shutter speed, and did all the super slowmo in Apple Motion using the Optical Flow feature.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

that is insane! super slow-mos like these are so sick. that feeb fs 180 out and the switch blunt was insane in super slow mo. really good job dude.

By the way, you seem to know a good deal about cameras so maybe you can help me out... I was saving up money to buy myself one, since I'm thinking about going into professional photography eventually (in like a year or so), but I'm not sure which camera to buy to start off with. I really like canon cameras though, and was thinking of buying either the Rebel t2i or the 7D. I am aware there's a huge price difference between the two, but from the stuff I've read over the internet, they seem to be pretty similar cameras with only a few things, like the fps, shutter speed, ISO performance, etc. but I was told I should go with the t2i to start off with, and eventually move up.

What do you think? What would you recommend a beginner like myself to start off with? haha Sorry to bother you with this, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could clarify some stuff for me (if you can)

XBL
    emericaridr11

Apple Motion is SICK!

Twixtor style LOVE IT!

so smooth

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    that is insane! super slow-mos like these are so sick. that feeb fs 180 out and the switch blunt was insane in super slow mo. really good job dude.

By the way, you seem to know a good deal about cameras so maybe you can help me out... I was saving up money to buy myself one, since I'm thinking about going into professional photography eventually (in like a year or so), but I'm not sure which camera to buy to start off with. I really like canon cameras though, and was thinking of buying either the Rebel t2i or the 7D. I am aware there's a huge price difference between the two, but from the stuff I've read over the internet, they seem to be pretty similar cameras with only a few things, like the fps, shutter speed, ISO performance, etc. but I was told I should go with the t2i to start off with, and eventually move up.

What do you think? What would you recommend a beginner like myself to start off with? haha Sorry to bother you with this, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could clarify some stuff for me (if you can)
    I would say get the 60d.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-60D-Digi...9829961&sr=1-1

That's what I got and I LOVE IT. It's significantly better then the t2i and only slightly less of a camera then the 7d, yet only a few hundred more then the rebel. Some would even argue that they like the 60d more because of the flipscreen and audio controls.

Also, the t2i is a plastic frame (so it feels cheap), has less iso settings and not as good of a white balance system. You can usually find just the body of the 60d are about $1000 or a bit more.

But the real money pit though is lenses. When you get the camera, they will try to sell you a kit lens, or something slightly better. DON'T DO IT. The best lens to start off with is a 50mm prime lens with a 1.8 fstop. They are amazing and SO CHEAP. $120 is dirt cheap for a lens. They have incredible depth of field and are so good in low light. SO that's my advice. Get the 60d and the 50mm 1.8 Awesome affordable starter kit.
    Last edited by thebullet; 07-04-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Looks reallllly fuckin good man.
    Pissoff

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by thebullet View Post
    I would say get the 60d.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-60D-Digi...9829961&sr=1-1

That's what I got and I LOVE IT. It's significantly better then the t2i and only slightly less of a camera then the 7d, yet only a few hundred more then the rebel. Some would even argue that they like the 60d more because of the flipscreen and audio controls.

Also, the t2i is a plastic frame (so it feels cheap), has less iso settings and not as good of a white balance system. You can usually find just the body of the 60d are about $1000 or a bit more.

But the real money pit though is lenses. When you get the camera, they will try to sell you a kit lens, or something slightly better. DON'T DO IT. The best lens to start off with is a 50mm prime lens with a 1.8 fstop. They are amazing and SO CHEAP. $120 is dirt cheap for a lens. They have incredible depth of field and are so good in low light. SO that's my advice. Get the 60d and the 50mm 1.8 Awesome affordable starter kit.
    Wow. Fuck yes dude, thanks a lot for this! At first I was just debating on the t2i and the 7D because that's what some of my friends use and those are the ones I could've got more info from, but since you've mentioned the 60d, then I'll look into it too. And people I know that are into photography told me kinda the same thing you just said about lenses lol They told me that a pretty big percentage of the quality in a picture is mainly due to the lens, and the rest is from the quality of the camera itself and stuff. I don't know if this is true, but whatever haha.

The main reason I was looking into t2i was because as I was watching skate videos on youtube, and some dude had an amazing quality and asked him what camera he uses, and he said he was using the t2i with some lens I can't remember. I was considering the 7D because of it's fps and other features that were better than the t2i. I'll have to look more into the 60d though, because I want a camera that can shoot decent photos and also film HD.

Anyways, thanks a ton for the advice and everything dude, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely consider the 60d and that 50mm prime lens w/ 1.8 fstop haha

comment from that other site:

art fag.

hahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    Wow. Fuck yes dude, thanks a lot for this! At first I was just debating on the t2i and the 7D because that's what some of my friends use and those are the ones I could've got more info from, but since you've mentioned the 60d, then I'll look into it too. And people I know that are into photography told me kinda the same thing you just said about lenses lol They told me that a pretty big percentage of the quality in a picture is mainly due to the lens, and the rest is from the quality of the camera itself and stuff. I don't know if this is true, but whatever haha.

The main reason I was looking into t2i was because as I was watching skate videos on youtube, and some dude had an amazing quality and asked him what camera he uses, and he said he was using the t2i with some lens I can't remember. I was considering the 7D because of it's fps and other features that were better than the t2i. I'll have to look more into the 60d though, because I want a camera that can shoot decent photos and also film HD.

Anyways, thanks a ton for the advice and everything dude, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely consider the 60d and that 50mm prime lens w/ 1.8 fstop haha

yeah, the t2i, 60d, and 7d all have the same sensors and the same fps settings. But as far as all the other settings the t2i is lacking. But I've seen some amazing videos shot on the t2i, so it's all about working with what you got. The main difference that I know of between the 60d and 7d is that the 7d has a faster motor for shooting photo sequences. The 7d can do 7 frames a second where the 60d can shoot 5. And the 7d body stronger and more weather proof, but the 60d is still pretty rugged compared to the plastic t2i. The main sell for me with the 60d was the flipscreen (and that it was $600 cheaper then the 7d). Now that I'm used to it's flip screen, I don't know how I'd live without it. There is also a new Rebel3 Canon that has a flipscreen, but it's still a pretty cheap camera aside from that.

Just whatever you do DON'T BUY THE KIT LENS! I can't stress that enough.