Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skate.Reel not working?

i started noticing this problem about 2-3 weeks ago. i'd have a neverending "error message" when i'd try to upload something. then i'll play a different game/turn off my xbox then try again later and it works. then after i've finished, ill turn off my xbox and if i try again it'll give me the error again. it's like i can't make it work twice in a row., this is really inconvenient

Refer to the last comment of page 2.
    I live life on the whimsy of my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by experienceosiris View Post
    i started noticing this problem about 2-3 weeks ago. i'd have a neverending "error message" when i'd try to upload something. then i'll play a different game/turn off my xbox then try again later and it works. then after i've finished, ill turn off my xbox and if i try again it'll give me the error again. it's like i can't make it work twice in a row., this is really inconvenient
    It's a game of roulette every time you turn your xbox on/off because you're connecting again. If it doesn't work, clear cache and come back. I've never had it not work this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Does anyone have any advice other than clearing the cache? I've not been able to connect to EA properly in over a month, my graphics don't show up and when I go to my "shared videos" tab it says it's unable to connect to EA Nation. I've cleared my cache several times and no dice. When I go back to my game after clearing the cache it makes me download an update for the game again, is that normal? Any help that anyone has would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Does anyone have any advice other than clearing the cache? I've not been able to connect to EA properly in over a month, my graphics don't show up and when I go to my "shared videos" tab it says it's unable to connect to EA Nation. I've cleared my cache several times and no dice. When I go back to my game after clearing the cache it makes me download an update for the game again, is that normal? Any help that anyone has would be great.
    I've posted a possible solution a while back, but it just got sent down to no man's land, hah.
    At the time I made it, I only tried it with skate 2, therefore that is why it says skate 2 reel fix, but apparently the same process works for skate 3, says emericaridr and I sever heads, just takes a lot longer then if you would do it on skate 2.

here it is, http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=8367

hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Awful Awfuls!

Yeah derks method does work, basically just go to skate reel then sign out of ur profile, then it will take u back to the main menu and have you sign in again. Its worked for me first or second try every time. To answer ur question bout the cache, yes its supposed to update. Thats what clearing it does, removes all updates from the xbox

For anyone still having trouble, you may want to try changing your email that's connected to your Gamertag on the EA site or by using the EA Sports download on Live. I personally recommend using the EA Sports download to do it, but both seem to work. However it only seems to be another temporary solution, as I've had to alternate between two emails when it stopped working.
    I live life on the whimsy of my feelings.

I'm having a little bit of a new problem. Before, if i couldnt upload anything to reel, it would just give me the "an EA Nation error has occured. Please try again later." message so at least it would be straight forward about it. Every once in a while i'd be able to upload and i'll know when by being able to actually see the upload options screen. Now i'm having a pretty decieving and EXTREMELY frustrating problem. Today and a few days ago, the upload options menu came up and once im done selecting what i want, i'd click upload and after the footage is processed, it'd show the % upload then once it reaches 100, it gives me the "an ea nation error has occured" message. After all the work getting the clip exactly how i want, thats when it tells me i cant upload it. Honestly this is bullshit. I really wish there was a way to just get my money back and really impact their company cuz obviously now having already taken our money, they wouldnt really care if people didnt buy future games. If only there was a way to show them how we want our money back for a game we already bought.. I'm really thinking about getting a capture card.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I've been getting the same problem recently... nearly everytime, when it hits 100% uploaded, the damn "Ea Nation error" message pops up. I think we'll all need to invest in capture cards soon enough because it doesn't seem like EA is willing to fix the servers, or have anything to do with the series actually. Fuck EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    I've been getting the same problem recently... nearly everytime, when it hits 100% uploaded, the damn "Ea Nation error" message pops up. I think we'll all need to invest in capture cards soon enough because it doesn't seem like EA is willing to fix the servers, or have anything to do with the series actually. Fuck EA.
    I'm with you 110%, im done with EA. Im gonna get a capture card sometime this week.

Fluckit Master

Sucks I can't afford a cap card atm. They're so expensive down here... buying abroad isn't an option either.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

yeah I've gotta think about getting one too, but I'm saving up for more important stuff, namely a camera to film and shoot photos, but a cap card is something I'm thinking about getting as well

I can't afford a capcard either...

XBL
    emericaridr11

I got one for 10 bucks, and I make it work half way decent

it aint no pvr but its not the worst either

Fluckit Master

Oh dang could upload only 3 clips today (with the start the game offline method). Now it's not working and it sucks cuz I got this sick clip well filmed and all that, now I gotta cancel it.

Rufus G.: This could be something that has to do with the servers that is what it looks like.
    2285617572: ok but its happening for weeks now
    2285617572: well over a month
    Rufus G.: I understand that and I see that it is a known issue here and we are working to get it fixed.
    2285617572: what is the issue?
    Rufus G.: The issue with the servers shutting off at night time.
    2285617572: ok why does that happen?
    Rufus G.: I do not have an exact explanation for that but we are working to get it fixed as soon as possible.
    2285617572: ok you say night time
    2285617572: /uk night time ir US night time
    Rufus G.: I am saying the night time in UK
    2285617572: mm
    2285617572: ok
    Rufus G.: I will be sending this to my higher ups for further review as well.
    2285617572: what the eta for the fic?
    2285617572: fix
    Rufus G.: I do not have an exact ETA on when the fix will be.
    2285617572: ok
    Rufus G.: For your troubles I would like to grant you a 20% coupon code to the EA stoer.
    Rufus G.: *store
    2285617572: don't worry tbh
    2285617572: i'm not guying any more ea games
    Rufus G.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
    2285617572: nope
    Rufus G.: Thank you for contacting EA and have a great day.
    Rufus G. has disconnected.

Blazing a Trail

The servers shut off at night because they are cutting cost by fucking with less popular game servers? Increasing server space and speed on more popular games by leeching from others so they don't have to spend more? That's the only thing I can think of as to why that would happen...but maybe I'm just paranoid

I don't know about you guys, but the middle of the night is usually the perfect time for uploading stuff for me, it hardly ever fails when I upload at say, 2:30 am, but takes me six or seven tries for each clip during the middle of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

what he says makes sense because I can upload everytime during the day in the UK, however come 7pm it stops completely.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

So... I'm guessing we have a certain time interval to upload clips lol I'll have to figure what it is for Quebec...

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    So... I'm guessing we have a certain time interval to upload clips lol I'll have to figure what it is for Quebec...
    I'm turning on my pc atm, I'm from southamerica but anyways I'll let you guys know if it's working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but the middle of the night is usually the perfect time for uploading stuff for me, it hardly ever fails when I upload at say, 2:30 am, but takes me six or seven tries for each clip during the middle of the day.
    i still think its bullshit. we shouldnt HAVE to come to this.

Deacon, i LOVED your responce "i wont be buying anymore games from ea." thats what they need to hear more.

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately I've still had no luck in uploading anything. My graphics still don't update either. I've tried changing my email on the EA site, but not the EA Sports download from live. I tried resetting my cache multiple times as well, but no luck there either. I guess I'm gonna be out of the fake skateboarding game for a while, cap card is pretty low on the list of priorities financially.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

horsehead, reboot after clearing le cache

playing other games helps too, idk why but whatever
    clear it every couple days because clearing the cache repeatedly doesn't do anything

Quote Originally Posted by experienceosiris View Post
    I'm having a little bit of a new problem. Before, if i couldnt upload anything to reel, it would just give me the "an EA Nation error has occured. Please try again later." message so at least it would be straight forward about it. Every once in a while i'd be able to upload and i'll know when by being able to actually see the upload options screen. Now i'm having a pretty decieving and EXTREMELY frustrating problem. Today and a few days ago, the upload options menu came up and once im done selecting what i want, i'd click upload and after the footage is processed, it'd show the % upload then once it reaches 100, it gives me the "an ea nation error has occured" message. After all the work getting the clip exactly how i want, thats when it tells me i cant upload it. Honestly this is bullshit. .
    After you edit the video exactly as you want, SAVE IT. Then, if it does "EA Nation" error out, you won't have to rework the footage. Not only that, but you'll have it if you get to frustrated at the time to try to upload again.

Edit (in reference to the glitch comment below me): You're right, of course. Learned how to glitch the camera a few days ago. 10 mm to 379 mm is DOPE shit. Too bad no one can see the vids I made.
    Last edited by Braddock420; 08-22-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Had to get a new PSN ID. NegativeZero-1 on PSN or Braddock512 on Xbox.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Works, but not really lol. Usually, when people film, we do that "glitch" to have a camera smaller than 24mm or higher than 75mm, but when you save the replay and go back to it, it'll be in the range of 24mm to 75mm, not more or less like you might've filmed it originally, so you do have to refilm it.

Blazing a Trail

When I have trouble uploading clips I get on the ea website and go to the skate reel page...when the clip im uploading gets to around 98/99% i refresh the skate reel page on my computer and for some reason it seems to work! Might want to give it a try

It only works for me in the morning around 8am Central time and in the evening I can't do anything.

I can't login to Ea, created a new account but can't link gamertag, called tech support, his answer was "be patient", then emailed me a EA customer survey link that was dead. Great work all the way around. I have enough irl stress without all the fakestress.

Amen to that,Bladder.work all day at a shitty job and come home to get error messages all evening.aren't video games supposed to be an escape from your worries?

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

wait a minute..
    who the fuck are you people

Blazing a Trail

tried uploading a short clip today about ten times and still couldn't upload

seems i can upload til about 11am central time,after that it goes to shit again.not sure what time it starts working,though.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

yeah I have a certain time interval to upload as well, seems to work up to 3pm or something, idk when it starts tho

It's between 9am and 4pm here in the UK

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

that means for me it's like... 3-4am to 10-11am lol fuckin sucks, I usually wake up at the time it stops working, or I'm goin to work/school.

I am getting your same troubles boxer.. And I hope those aren't the times. If they are then I am done at 9 -10 am...

God dammit. I tried for 5 hours to upload yesterday.
    So here's my test:

I have deleted all my Game Data (through the PSN XMB) for Skate 3, including ALL of my DLC (which is all the DLC you can get for S3).
    Reinstalling it now and gonna try to upload. I'll keep ya'll posted.
    “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Braddock420 View Post
    God dammit. I tried for 5 hours to upload yesterday.
    So here's my test:

I have deleted all my Game Data (through the PSN XMB) for Skate 3, including ALL of my DLC (which is all the DLC you can get for S3).
    Reinstalling it now and gonna try to upload. I'll keep ya'll posted.
    Interesting, I'm not sure if I would go that far even if it worked.. because then wouldn't you get the same problem once you re-dl all the dlc?

Post the results though!

That's a negative Ghostrider, attempt no uploads. The pattern is full.

I even:

Opened ports
    Set my PS3 to the DMZ
    Bypassed my router and directly connected to the modem
    Attempted to upload in (gulp) SD

Nothing. Oh, correction. I can upload directly to Youtube no problem. (Side note: How do you get it in HD on YouTube other than just the HD setting for uploading? I did it and it came out no greater than 480p, which, let's be honest, is like a 4 year old's drawings)

So, capture card... you sound perfect.