Thread: Me and my Pops Drag Racing

Default Me and my Pops Drag Racing

As some of you herd my Dad lost his fight with cancer Friday. He was cremated so we filled the room with pictures and this video I put together looped on a big flat screen. This is how I spent almost every weekend in the summertime. Had lots of fun. Only way you can tell who is driving is to look at who is standing by the car during the burnout.

".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

oh man, sorry for your loss! I wish you a lot of strength

That car is a beast--pulling 6's in the 1/4 mile and going up against funny cars; insane.
    Thats an amazing thing for a father and son to share--definitely memories that will last you forever, Im sure.
    You guys mustve been working on that thing all the time.

its actually 6's in the 1/8th mile
    its built for Super Gas which is 9.90 in the quarter. But mostly what we did was bracket racing where you dial the car in what you think it will run and you leave against the other guy accordingly. So if we are running a 9.90 and race a guy running 8.90 we leave a second before him, whoever gets to the other end first wins.
    Helen Adams Keller

yeah, Im not very well versed in drag racing specifics, and it was hard to tell how far the track was from the footage--still awesome though.

Bracket racing is completely confusing and there aren't very many 1/8 mile tracks around at least not on TV
    Both these tracks are 1/4 mile tracks also, but a lot of guys prefer the shorter track for speed and motor fatigue.
    It was a lot of fun, last night was kind of a reunion of all my dads old racing buddies so it was kinda cool. My Mom is kind of thinking about selling it for extra $ but all the old guys want to rally together and help me race this bad boy again. It could just be a bunch of bs but NOBODY wanted me to sell it, not yet at least.
    Helen Adams Keller

Wow sorry for your loss SG. Very sad to hear about anyone losing their father. It seems like you two had a close bond - keep that in your heart and he'll never be far from you.

Don't sell the car. Not yet. Even if you need the $$$. You'll regret it. Race it at least one more time.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Sorry to hear about your loss man. Had to work through cancer with my mom and dad. Thankfully they both made it through and have been clear for awhile now. Such a rough thing to have to go through. Glad you have some awesome memories of him though.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3