Thread: The "Proper" way to play Skate...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Last edited by Sickone; 08-15-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

i think there's no "proper" way to play the game. there a several and depending on whom you playing with, interests will differ. some like to be super-realistic, some are super-arcade and some don't care at all. you play the game so its you who's in charge to decide which way you wanna play the game. there may be some things which aren't usually the taste of all, like total over the tony hawk like skating, that may be through many of us skating irl and watch rl skatevideos, normally its stupid to keep the rl boundaries within a game, but its all for the looks of it. but in the end its you who is playing the game and wants to have fun with it. why would you let go the fun for yourself, just to please someone else?
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

The skate series is basically what you make of it. I've played the shit out of all 3 games, still have fun playing all 3 from time to time, but what I love the most out of all the games is filming and editing, especially editing lol. I've got into this because I'm currently trying to get better at RL filming, and I personally find that Skate 3 has helped me... As stupid as this might sound, I try to imitate RL filming in-game, and it kinda helps me visualize how good a trick can look both IRL and in-game... idk if this made sense, but wtv haha. Also, before the series, I didn't know how to make a video at all, but with the help of others around the community, I've progressed a lot. My stuff is still kinda basic editing-wise, but I still love doing it.

I love playing the game realistically, most likely due to the fact that I've been skating for like 10 years or so now, but from time to time, I find it's fun to just fuck around on a megaramp or something insane. There's a huge variety of styles of gameplay, in which you'll probably see from seeing a lot of videos done by different people, and you'll eventually find others that play the game how you want to play it. There's a lot of us who play the game super-realistically, and a bunch of others who play more arcade-ish, which is perfectly fine either way. But like a few others said before, just have fun with it, don't ruin your fun because someone else tells you to do it differently.
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 08-16-2011 at 12:19 AM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Heres my question to everyone who says make it your own.. Do you have people subscribed to your channel just to hate on you? Because its pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Heres my question to everyone who says make it your own.. Do you have people subscribed to your channel just to hate on you? Because its pathetic
    yeah i think i got some, i think that since i became a little more known on yt in the fakeskating scene, someone dislikes my video the minute i put up a vid almost everytime, it's pathetic, yes. do i care, nope =)

I'm with most of the people here, play the game the way it is fun to you I mostly enjoy the more realistic type of vids, but when I see a quality vid from like notedderk/snail/gizz etc. I enjoy them very much, sometimes i even enjoy those more then realistic vids.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    yeah i think i got some, i think that since i became a little more known on yt in the fakeskating scene, someone dislikes my video the minute i put up a vid almost everytime, it's pathetic, yes. do i care, nope =)
    same here, and not a single fuck is given about it... lol
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    what Stevie said. There will always be haters disliking your shit for no reason. I still don't give a damn because I enjoy doing what I do, and those dislikes won't stop me from doing it.

Edit: Such a good point Deacon (about the hater subs haha)
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 08-16-2011 at 11:24 AM.