Thread: Where did the skate series go completely wrong?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

OG still has the smoothest animations and physics. Wonder how long it'll take till everyone comes crawling back...

Can I Kick It?
    Steam
    MacksHeadroom
    XBL
    MacksHeadroom

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    OG still has the smoothest animations and physics. Wonder how long it'll take till everyone comes crawling back...
    skate 3 servers suck so i might as well play skate 1 or 2....

lol according to antwan im a douche for having an opinion that didnt match his?...skate 3 is a decent game to find in a 20 dollar bin but for 60 dollars plus dlc it coulda been hella better....disappointment at an all time high

Skate 4 they should have it like an EA sports game...no gay ass stories just focus on the skating...but whos gonna buy that game besides us? no one therefor it wont be made and we are stuck with 3 games that could have stepped up with each instalment but didnt....skate 2 was a huge step from skate 1 but skate 3 is just skate 2 with nothing in it

Not gonna lie, I felt a certain way going from Skate 1 to Skate 2. That's why I only played Skate 2 for a day.

It was much later on that I heard it's praises from actual players rather than the usual reviews that just commend based on more features.

For me, I can't tell you what it was, other than I initially thought they were trying to turn Skate 2 into one of those later year Tony hawk games with getting off the board, park creator shit. Fan-service. OG Skate did look and feel smoother. I'm sure no one doubts that anymore. But I think with the "restrictions" it had(aka features that weren't in S2 and S3) I think it did MORE with what it had. And this allowed us to appreciate it more. It stayed pretty honest throughout. Very few games do that anymore.

That's how I see it.
    Pimp hand, give me strength...

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

fuck skate 3
    and fuckckckcckckckckc new bloodz

(death of engine)
    whats funny is after s1....
    everyone asked for more shit thus in turn making the devs alter and fuck with the original code....
    thus in turn making shit worse and worse...
    while everyone was still asking for more and more skateboarding wise...
    not improvements...
    just more shit in general....

(death of hype)
    i like how everyone remembers the 2 month old build from rob and big and thinks that was a reality when it came to the games "feel"...
    im gonna sound like an ass here but...
    we all know that it was never going to look like that from the first actual trailer we got...

(death of series)
    i like knowing how much the budget was for s2 and s3...
    because if you did your jaw would be on the floor in amazement for what we have now....

i could go on about insider info and stuff i directly helped with but at this point its all cannon fodder...

s3 as it was going to be....

same city...
    create a graphic ingame...no sharing....
    no cap....
    no difficulty settings...
    no style options...
    no drop-ables...only move-ables ah la s2...

and to be clear macks arguments are just...
    i agree with them...

rant....
    could you only play one version of a game for ten years?....
    you only get one COD for ten years....which one?....
    your allowed only one madden for ten years...what year version?....

this mentality is lost with the post 1990 generation...
    it is not directly your fault...
    its been conditioned since cpu companies decided to marginally upgrade perfectly good hardware every year...
    all the way up untill now where we need a the most in-signification upgrades to phones that work just fine and could work fine for many years...

go play s1 for ten years and get back to me...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...