Thread: Where did the skate series go completely wrong?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Antwan is sort of right in the fact that I hate what skate 3 isnt, but what he fails to understand is I also hate what it is -- horrible animations, bad character design, glitchy physics, non-functioning features, etc. The list goes on.. I think he also misunderstands that some of us want to play this game for a certain experience that it cannot offer, because its catered to a whole different audience and poorly supported. Being open-minded works both ways, dude.

I also think that replicant is also right in the fact that all three games have great features; to have them all wrapped up into one game (OG being at its core) would be a great thing that a lot of us would appreciate--its just not the way it worked out.

Knex said it best in that "the disdain arises from how bad it actually is compared to what it should have been," because we know what we could of had with s3, it just didnt happen the way we wanted it to. Myself personally, Im kind of offended by that.

We're allowed to be unhappy with it and still play the game regardless because we're trying to live the immortal words of Cuz, "its going to be what you make it." Its just that patience has worn thin for me and I hardly play it anymore. The only reason I do is in order to fulfill certain commitments to other players that still want to create videos. I do still like being a part of that stuff but, to tell you the truth, its getting harder because this broken peice-of-shit game wont let me.
    Last edited by heshfield; 08-17-2011 at 07:43 PM.

2 points and I'll step away.
    1. the community is coming back to life slowly but surely, downloads for graphics and parks are crawling up to high numbers weekly I've seen shit with 100+ in 3-4 days.

2. Honestly, I feel we're to conditioned to having everything being tailor made perfect to how we want it, as antwan said, a skater adapts. If you don't like points, cruise with like minded people, if you hate the city skate caps, if you hate caps and the city you're kind of in you're own shit and should stop playing the game. But the point is skate 3 may not be perfect but the endless amount of range for creativity in the fields of personal style, graphics, C.A.P.'s and filming and how all these things can be carried out beyond the limits of the game is amazing in and of itself.

I won't say that anything is concrete fact, this is just my opinion on the whole ordeal that is Skate 3.
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

The comunity is coming back?
    For who? There is maybe MAYBE 5% of the og crowd still around.
    Maybe 20% of s2 (that number is surely high)

No offense (yeah right) I don't want any new guys for the most part. Mostly because if they weren't around before now they were too young or they aren't the type of dudes I originally gravitated towards. Mainly curent or ex skaters that enjoyed similar interests not just the game.

As far as the game itself I respect both sides of the argument. I have gotten over a year of satisfaction out of this game which is just as much as the other 2. Some things totally frustrate me, but the trade off for the added features (cap for s3) (afc for s2) are fine with me. But if the way the game went caused other cool folks to quit playing then I'd rather have what they want. A lot of my friends moved out of state, have kids etc etc I was never part of any social network or forum before skate and besides like Facebook I doubt I ever will. When all this is over for good, I'll def miss the comunity more than the game.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

I still enjoy skate 3.

+ 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Eh. I just don't see why you'd put a hinderances on the growth of the community by saying you don't want any new people. Like I didn't use the forums till this game played every game since OG just hated xbox live and if the locals only mentality was carried I'd have never met all you rad people.
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

There are cool new guys, that's not what I'm saying. But the very few additions of cool guys are coming waaaay slower than the departure of current cool guys.
    Helen Adams Keller

To answer the op original question, you would absolutely have to agree with knex or hesh I can't remember who mentioned it but that when Scott Blackwood left "thing changed"

I can't put my finger on it and I have 0 inside knowledge but the entire "feel" of the franchise changed
    Helen Adams Keller