Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's fix the game!

Amateur Flucker

Now go back and quote what that was in response too.

Better yet don't bother, just stay on topic.

Pawn wrote:
    (A newcomer to Fluckit, which has been around since like 2007. And a newcomer in comparison to a core of this community that have been around since OG.

Not saying who cares about the new guys or anything. But for a lot of guys its been like 4 years of the community, the vids, the games, its been a fun ride, but its coming to an end. )

Can you read?
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Amateur Flucker

Can you? Seems way off of the subject matter to me. Seems you would rather be off topic though.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

ITT: More reasons the internet sucks as a communications tool.

Bats has an idea which is all with good intent, Bohemian acts like an asshole (just calling a spade a spade), Bats gets defensive and makes a statement that's a little too broad about the OG's, the OG's come back at him in a very condesending manor, and fuck all gets done to help any of us out.

There's plenty of people I consider my e-buddies on both sides of this fence, and I'm just going to say ya'll should step back, grab a cup of coffee, count to ten, and see if you're here to contribute or just fuel the flames.

Again, Bats is working with good intent. If you want to support him, do so. I'm not going to lie, I'm in the "I gave up a long time ago" boat, but I'm sure as shit not going to be a dick to Bats if he wants to try to Andy Dufrane the situation in the rest of our behalf.

Even the non-malicous but unsupportive posts are simply deconstructive. If you've given up, that's fine, but there's no need to shit on a guy for wanting to keep fighting the good fight.

Sorry to sound like everyone's dad, but I'm disappointed in a lot of folks I like and/or respect right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

i try to be polite

and honest

but by all means, keep up your 'fight'. keep calling ea. i wont tho. sorry.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Any other cards up your sleeve, Bohemian?
    Last edited by DonVigo; 08-18-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Don't feed the trolls.
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

quote where i come across as the asshole you describe.
    if you cant handle this, real life must surely be some tuff shit.

Helen Adams Keller

I know the humor in it is over 6 months old but you got to chuckle
    Helen Adams Keller

w
    t
    f

my dick isnt that big

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    i try to be polite

For real though this thread turned to shit real quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

maybe robin will help you
    Sorry man, but you're not coming off too well talking shit like that. Hell "get over it" is something of a dick statement in and of itself.

Like I said, just calling a spade a spade. Seems to be the spark that set all this shit off in the first place.

Not being Al Gore, I did not invent nor do I contol the big series of tubes that is the Internets, so do what you will, but there's my full two cents.

sorry if i hurt your feelings

Amateur Flucker

Way to stay on topic guys.

Did anyone else call today? I would love to hear what was said.

god damnit I knew my internet was all fucked up.

Every time I try to log in to fluckit it seems that my browser redirects me to the ea forums.

thats odd...

gave em a call and got pretty much the same response as most have gotten and was left with the impression that they really could give two shits about fixing the problem.besides that the yearly EA cashcow known as Madden drops this month,so they could care less about this.
    hate to say it man,but seems like we're not gonna get any help from EA on this,but i hope i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat420maN View Post
    Way to stay on topic guys.

Did anyone else call today? I would love to hear what was said.
    Online chatted last night and two people said they "sent the problem up" but neither of them knew of the problem already.

Phone chatted today and the guy kept telling me its an issue on my end, told him dozens of people are having the same problem, starting at the same time. He FINALLY told me that they've been getting related calls this past week, mostly in the past few days. Unless he was lying to me, people are calling and getting the problem out there.

BUT I HAVE AN IDEA that could maybe get the problem noticed without the xbox troubleshooting nonsense

When you try to send a graphic to game from the website, there's an error. This HAS to be an ea server issue, as the connection to your xbox doesn't matter. I'll try calling back with this and see where it takes me.

Viva La RevoluciĂłn

called today~

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

urdumb
    the only people concerned with getting new people here are the recently joined
    i personally fucking hate anyone that joined in 2011 that had no prior knowledge of this place
    fucking cunts

anyway
    urstupid and stuff bad mad bam boom pow
    faggots

*excluding park creators and graphic makers
    **basically just batman
    ***and graveart

-graveart
    Last edited by Permy; 08-18-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Amateur Flucker

Briden That is the best approach I have heard anyone here taking, let me know how that goes next time you talk to them.

booootz Did they acknowledge there was a problem or did they brush you of as an isolated incident?

Perm I don't expect anything more then that from ya. Go hug your mom, then slap her and tell her to swallow next time.

Lol. Shit is stupid. And I'm not talking about the game fix efforts. With some of these egos you'd expect peeps to have won shit or been on a bracket. There's no semi-pro Skate leagues though, so I guess I gotta bow down to the first guys who performed kickflips on analog at home and posted about it.

But I'm just a fresh scrub to a fucking vbulletin forum. What do I know?

Yo Batman, I'm going to call but.......what are the known issues? Honestly, I spent alot of time offline, started back playing the game, and then bought all the DLC last month(except Filmer and Maloof). So all I'm really noticing is that I can't access After Dark dlc at all. I'm on ps3.
    Pimp hand, give me strength...

Amateur Flucker

As far as I can tell the PS3 guys are having a lot of the same issues uploading footage directly to the reel. From what I have read the youtube uploads work fine, just not to the site reel. I am really not informed of what all problems PS3 users are having. Try the basics and let me know. Try to grab a park, try to send a graphic to your game, and try to upload some footage directly to the site reel. Let me know how that all works out for you, cause I have a couple other PS3 guys that stay offline wondering the same thing.

Steam
    m1L3z
    PSN
    imrobwhite

i was able to connect to reel and browse clips and parks for once. dl'd a park. couldnt upload clips. kept failing. talked to a chat support dude. didnt help. but they say they are very aware of the problem. there whole servers are acting crazy they said. and they say it seems hit or miss with when things will work and not.

i'm on PS3 and it's pretty much the same issues as you Xbox guys.can only upload anything at certain fucked up times of day,same with graphics.i can download parks anytime,don't build so i don't about uploading parks.all my dlc works at all times as well as any CAPs i have downloaded that have dlc.
    it's really sucking the enjoyment out of this game for me.i'm at work during the time frame that i can upload,so this is getting to be a huge pain in the ass instead of being fun anymore.hopefully EA will step up and take care of the problem.

I can grab parks (so long as I have purchased the dlc that contains a prop that might've been used in said park) and browse clips. I'll try uploading something when I get home to see if it lets me.

But the After Dark has never worked for me. Ever. Or maybe I'm too stupid to know how to access it.

Apparently, they've already killed it. But is EA trying to remove all traces of this franchise or something?
    Pimp hand, give me strength...

I online chatted to some people again today, some acknowledge the problem, some have no idea, i was told once that there's a team working on it. One person told me to keep checking the EA forums, so I checked that out. NOT the kids table, but a link from the customer support page.

This problem is not just happening to the Skate games. You've got people all over the main page reporting the same problems with EA nation servers for other games. If anybody on here plays other games that use those servers, can you confim/deny it happening? IF so, complain about it. If this really is affecting a wide range of games, then they're way more likely to do something about it

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    This problem is not just happening to the Skate games. You've got people all over the main page reporting the same problems with EA nation servers for other games.
    This actually gives me some hope. If it's not just us few knuckleheads, maybe they'll actually have to fix something sooner or later.

Amateur Flucker

Thanks for the info guys, I'll pass it on to the others I know.

If we just stay on top of them and keep letting them know there are people still actively playing this game they will have to fix it.

FlyMike Pause, go into locations, then look for Sanatorium. If it's not there I would try deleting it from your PS3(not sure how to do that)and re-downloading it. If it doesn't pop up then, I would for sure bring that up in a phone call. Let me know the results after you try it out.

I'll update again after my 8am call tomorrow morning. Have a good night all!

Need for speed is still working for me, and the demo for Madden 12 forces a connection to the servers that seems to be working just fine for me.

all of my ea games are working fine with connection, but a couple weeks ago, just before the skate servers went to shit my nhl 11 wouldnt connect me to ea nation, than like 2 days later i couldnt connect to it on skate, and than after it connected i couldnt upload, brows parks, or send graphics to my game, some people are saying it only works between 2-3 pm, others said it was early mornings(10-11 am) and late at night(3-4 am)

i just called

to say

i love you

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

i just called

to say

i love you
    <3

I just called to say how much I care...

Sad story, that servers are bitchy again. put on the other hand, the game is over a year old, and is definatly on an gta or a cod, where publishers do care about. face the truth, with no team behind it, skate is dead!
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Amateur Flucker

8am update: I got the "it's a known issue and being worked on". If any one else calls today share your response.

I think its a EA in general situation, lately i havn't been able to connect to any ea game i try, BFBC2 RB3 TW12 S3, all wont let me connect to ea, was in a live chat for well over an hour, i'll copypaste everything they gave me to try, see if it helps anyone...

"Erin S.: Alright as the previous agent did state this is a known issue right now we are gathering information to send over to the concerned department who run the servers to resolve this so if you would not mind following these steps that would be great thank you. I would like you to follow the steps below for a UO Trace which will further assist me in locating exactly why we are having this connection issue today: 1. Using your Internet browser on your PC, click the following link to download the UOTrace program: http://support.ea.com/ci/fattach/get/9597/ 2. Run UOTrace. (If a pop-up box appears telling you 'UO Server List not found,' click No.) 3. Click the Options menu at the top of the window and select Advanced. 4. In the rectangular window where the server is listed, type in easo.ea.com. 5. Click the Trace Route button, which is the fourth button from the left. 6. After the trace route has completed, click the Poll button, which is two buttons to the right of the Trace Route button. 7. Let it send around 100 or so packets then click Stop Poll. 8. Click Edit and select Copy. 9. Click the Start button (Windows button for Microsoft Windows Vista) on the Windows Taskbar. 10. Select All Programs. 11. Select Accessories. 12. Click Notepad. 13. From the menu toolbar, click Edit and click Paste. 14. From the menu toolbar, click File and click Save. 15. We can Save the file to your Desktop. 16. You can now go ahead and upload the files to the Live Chat."
    Then i had to download that program and while running it it was evident that i was not receiving packets off 3 of EA's servers, i was then given this to do and since then its been working alot better.
    Erin S.: Alright if you do not mind following the instructions below and trying your game again I just want to make sure we have exhausted all troubleshooting steps thank you. Turn Off Windows Firewall We are now going to disable your Windows Firewall because it has been known to cause issues with loading and connecting to games. Do not worry, turning off your Windows Firewall does not make you any more vulnerable to viruses then you are with it on. To turn off your Windows Firewall I would like you to follow the instructions below: Windows XP 1. I would like you to hold down your Windows key on your keyboard, between the Ctrl and Alt key. (The one that looks like a flag) 2. While holding down the Windows key I would like you to hit the "R" key on your keyboard. (This will bring up a new "Run" window) 3. Inside that "Run" window I would like type in "firewall.cpl" and hit "OK". 4. This should bring up a new "Windows Firewall" window. 5. Inside this window I would like you to select the second option to turn your Windows Firewall Off. 6. Go ahead and hit Apply and OK. Windows Vista/7 1. I would like you to hold down your Windows key on your keyboard, between the Ctrl and Alt key. (The one that looks like a flag) 2. While holding down the Windows key I would like you to hit the "R" key on your keyboard. (This will bring up a new "Run" window) 3. Inside that "Run" window I would like type in "firewall.cpl" and hit "OK". 4. This should bring up a new "Windows Firewall" window. 5. Inside this window I would like you to locate on the left hand side the option "Turn Windows Firewall on or off". Go ahead and click on this option. 6. We are going to select the option to "Turn off Windows Firewall" on both Home and Public network location settings. 7. Go ahead and hit OK. 8. Now on the same left hand side I would like you to locate the option for "Advanced settings" and select this. 9. This will bring up a new "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" window. 10. On the left hand side I would like you to locate, from the list, the option that says "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer". 11. I would like you to right click on this option and select the "Properties" option. 12. Inside the Properties window next to "Firewall state:" we are going to click the drop down and select the option "Off". 13. Now hit Apply and OK. 14. We can now close all windows that we have opened.
    hope this helps some peeps, i know its a wall of text but i thought id share the info i gots.

Didn't work for me, my firewall was always down anyways

Amateur Flucker

Yea, mine is always off as well.

For the last couple nights come about 2 in the morning I can clear the cache a few times and get it to work long enough to upload about three clips. Come around about 4:30 it's completely dead again. That's pacific time for anyone lookin to try it out. It's still a pain in the ass but, it will work for that brief period of time.

yeah my problem is a bit worse than i thought, the reel issue was bad enough now i cannot connect to ANY EA game online, sitting in a 30 min queue for tier 2 support lol, oh how i love you EA

Yes there is an 8 hour or so period of when it does work. But that is during the day for people in Europe.. all of us US/Canada people have to either wake up early or stay up late.

But don't tell them that.... it'll make them think there is no issue

Although I applaud your efforts, you guys who are calling seem to be getting the run-around..
    You really shouldn't have to mess with your firewalls or download other programs to "help" them fix their servers.

I think EA is throttling connections to their servers; hence the small window of time that uploads actually work.

I hope Im wrong and they end up resolving the issue in one way or another, but thats doubtful. We went through the same thing last time the servers went down; all the calling/chatting with customer service did nothing--signguy had to go to Cuz so he could notify the right people on the inside to fix it.

Sorry to say it, but you guys are probably just wasting your time..
    Last edited by heshfield; 08-19-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Amateur Flucker

We might be wasting our time. If we don't make the attempt though, nothing will ever happen any way.

A friend of mine I spoke to earlier was talking about EA possibly throttling the connections. I plan to bring that up during my 1:00 call.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

hold on hold on
    kill yourself