Thread: Getting started (If you are new, have a look)

Default Getting started (If you are new, have a look)

Welcome to the tiny world of fake skateboarding. Here is a quick introductory guide for how things are done around here.

1. Learn to film. You may have been playing the games for centuries; however, that is no excuse for bad filming. Here are a couple of guides to help you out with the basics.
    Innout's guide
    POOOPOOOirwin's guide
    I'm not saying you have to film like those guys, find your own style. Those are merely to show you how to control the adv. free cam.

2. Get a converter for your clips that you retrieve from your skate reel. This is basic shit, really.
    Here's a few suggestions: (anyone feel free to chip in)
    FLV to AVI MPEG WMV 3GP MP4 iPod Converter
    Prism
    Convert your .flv to a format you are familiar with. MPEG, MP4, WMW are some of the more common ones. Convert them either to the same size as the original .flv (1152x656) or HD if you feel fancy.

3. Acquire video editing software. If you are cheap; legal; lazy or plain retarded, there usually comes some sort of basic software with your operating system (Windows Movie Maker, iMovie etc.). Preferably you'd obtain something a little more advanced because come on, who doesn't like to make sweet animated transitions and hyper-cool radial blurs?
    Final Cut Pro
    Sony Vegas
    Adobe Premiere
    These are hella expensive. Is there any possible way you might get a hold of them for free? Go figure.

4. Edit your converted clips in your fancy video editor, use some cool effects (FILM BURNS ARE SO HOT RIGHT NOW) and a semi-gay upbeat song. Upload that shit to Youmeo or whatever. AND FINALLY, submit it here!

This is all I can think of right now. Help me out fellas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

good stuff Knex.
    most importantly,HAVE FUN!if you're not,then you're missing the whole point of being involved with the fakeskate community.

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

I think everyone that's new really needs to take the time to develop their own style. It seems as though now, especially in the newer gen of fakeskaters, people simply go with the flow of what's "hot" nowadays. When you look at guys who have been around for a while they all have their own unique style. I feel like a lot of people are lazily slipping into a generic type of skating that lacks any sort of originality...people who have been around for a while all are recognizable because they took the time to develop their own way of skating.

Before you immediately jump into the game and start to film a part, think about how YOU would want it to look like.
    Take the time to develop your own way of filming. Variation, variation, variation.
    Hit spots no one else has. Hit old spots differently than everyone else.
    Chose a song that fits your style. Create an edit that portrays the mood you are going for.

Everyone wants to preserve this game but unfortunately bleak copy-paste styles are only driving it into the ground faster and faster.
    It is very easy to tell apart the videos that are the product of true creativity and hard work and those who are just trying to match what the rest are doing.

Just my thoughts
    Hoodlum: Threat

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah have fun.. filming and things compliment style of gameplay but personally I have always been more focused on style and doing it my way.. Go where you want and set no boundaries unless you want them. Make the game your own and youll be better off.. The world is one giant opinion.. and my opinion on that is fuck it.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

everywun needs to learn forum etiquette
    Last edited by mamba12; 08-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Permy View Post
    everywun needs to learn forum etiquette
    yourself included

I don't want to have to babysit another thread, I feel shitty to knex for even posting this. But it is not going to get any better with a post like the one above me. I don't care who you are or what you have done in the past or who your friends with. Knex is one of the coolest guys around so I will not tolerate any shitting on this thread. This isn't just directed at Perm.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I think this is actually a pretty good resource. I had a lot of trial and error learning that something like this would have prevented when I got my start a couple years back. Props, Knex! Hopefully folks find this helpful.

Stickyworthy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Lurk before you post. Lurk a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

this is a good one

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

not trying to start anything sorriez
    i understand where you're coming from
    good introoctions sir knexzor
    <3

Thank you sir.

PSN
    BrySull

well said

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Yeah have fun.. filming and things compliment style of gameplay but personally I have always been more focused on style and doing it my way.. Go where you want and set no boundaries unless you want them. Make the game your own and youll be better off.. The world is one giant opinion.. and my opinion on that is fuck it.