I think everyone that's new really needs to take the time to develop their own style. It seems as though now, especially in the newer gen of fakeskaters, people simply go with the flow of what's "hot" nowadays. When you look at guys who have been around for a while they all have their own unique style. I feel like a lot of people are lazily slipping into a generic type of skating that lacks any sort of originality...people who have been around for a while all are recognizable because they took the time to develop their own way of skating.

Before you immediately jump into the game and start to film a part, think about how YOU would want it to look like.
Take the time to develop your own way of filming. Variation, variation, variation.
Hit spots no one else has. Hit old spots differently than everyone else.
Chose a song that fits your style. Create an edit that portrays the mood you are going for.

Everyone wants to preserve this game but unfortunately bleak copy-paste styles are only driving it into the ground faster and faster.
It is very easy to tell apart the videos that are the product of true creativity and hard work and those who are just trying to match what the rest are doing.

Just my thoughts