Thread: What about Nyjah ?

Blazing a Trail

Default What about Nyjah ?

there's no genuine reason to hate the kid....but i do... i really do. i want him dead.
    "She had a fanny like a packet of cheddar and onion McCoys. 50p. High fat content. Stunk of coagulted cow-juice. Udder shudder. Chop an onion. Makes you cry. So did her snatch. Growled at me like a rapist's dog. My favourite crisps."

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Kid's a boss. Can't deny it.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

^^^^^ YUP, even tho I cant stand the kid, hes madddddd good.

i guess its cause i dont like mulattoes.... take that however you like
    HEY OM YEAH HOODLUM[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

It's ok Clay. Many people hate cookies.

As for Nyjah, the kid is a beast and has been for awhile.
    Nyjah or Cole should have won the SL Championship instead of Malto.
    Malto is a nice guy and talented, but his skating was the equivalent of bowling with bumper rails.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

he's like michael jordan in his prime. very good, but it gets boring.

Yes You Can!

Yeah I think his skating is boring too. He's crazy good though. It's just his style, it is too controlled. I see the exact same thing in a lot of really young competition style skaters like Nyjah, Ortiz, Malto, even Sheckler to an extent. P-Rod skates this way too. Kind of robotic.
    Member/Founder of CAP Faction

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

I really think that aspect is just the curse of a contest skater. Many times if you look at someone in their video part and then watch them in a contest it's so different because of the contrast of what they can skate and why they are skating it to begin with. Sometimes a skater just comes off robotic no matter the format. I've always felt that for Tony Hawk because he always skated the same whether it was a video, contest, or tutorial. Since he retired I enjoy watching him skate more because now it's just for kicks. The All 80's All Day Vert comps the past couple years have been some of the most fun skating to watch simply because it's a bunch of old timers skating for shits and giggles.

The NJ SL Championship had some nice moments from Chaz, Cole, and Nyjah as they were trying to beast their way to the win.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    Yeah I think his skating is boring too. He's crazy good though. It's just his style, it is too controlled. I see the exact same thing in a lot of really young competition style skaters like Nyjah, Ortiz, Malto, even Sheckler to an extent. P-Rod skates this way too. Kind of robotic.
    This. *nods*
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    The NJ SL Championship had some nice moments from Chaz, Cole, and Nyjah as they were trying to beast their way to the win.
    I agree, Tech Section was the most fun to watch though. Just more variety. I think the competition format is what makes some competitions boring.

I remember back in the day when Terje Håkonsen (snowboarding) was winning every single half pipe competition with the exact same run every time. I still remember it:

Frontside air, Backside air, fs 720, cab 720, Stalefish, McTwist

And then he switched it up and threw in the Håkonflip instead of the cab 720. Boring as shit but he was hella good.
    Member/Founder of CAP Faction

the only reason I resent nyjah is because he is always winning. which is silly but whatever
    malto, on the other hand, is just dead boring. nollie, insert grind, we get it. do something exciting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    I agree, Tech Section was the most fun to watch though. Just more variety. I think the competition format is what makes some competitions boring.

I remember back in the day when Terje Håkonsen (snowboarding) was winning every single half pipe competition with the exact same run every time. I still remember it:

Frontside air, Backside air, fs 720, cab 720, Stalefish, McTwist

And then he switched it up and threw in the Håkonflip instead of the cab 720. Boring as shit but he was hella good.
    Ahhhhh.... Terje... The good old days. The ENTIRE reason I hate Shaun White is while most kids have to work to get good, Terje and the rest of the original Burton team (The Gooch, Rippey, etc.) taught that little shit everything. Respect needs to be earned.

Nyjah... I dunno. I'm not a fan, as I always root for underdogs in contests, but he doesn't have that "I need to be punched in the head" attitude that I feel Shaun White and Ryan Sheckler have/had.

And honestly, I was just reading something about the guy having a really shitty homelife with some kind of abusive dad. Tough to hate on someone who's skating to escape that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.