Thread: Mw3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckit Master

First I heard you don't need the MoH tier1 disc to play the early beta.. but yesterday I heard that you still need the disc.. Only the code wont be enough.
    I can do without the early access cause I don't have the disc anymore. But if only the code is needed, then rock on.

Banned

i herd

u liek mudkipz

Fluckit Master

More news!

Yesterday, Battlefield Community Manager, Daniel 'zh1nt0' Matros held a Battlefield 3 beta Q&A in Teamspeak.
    Unfortunately it was mostly in German, but EA UK forum members w1q3d posted a summarized list. An English Q&A is promised as well.
    We've corrected the article for grammar and took out some answers that were not too clear.

2-3 GB beta client
    Netcode is totally new
    Battlelog can be updated without patching the game so we can get new stuff faster
    No level limit @ beta
    Caspian Border is not the biggest map
    Next 1-3 weeks will be talking about new maps
    Auto heal on all vehicles after 10-15sec
    Can't join as a squad if team is full so Battlelog groups don't get split
    No weather + time changing in game
    No jet bombs
    Battlelog application for iPhone
    You can use 3 screens if you have enough graphic power
    E-sports is a focus for BF3
    No comment for BattleRecorder
    Battlelog will unlock beta on client so no keys for pre-order if you have origin order + Medal of Honor
    Unlocks are for weapons not for classes. You can't unlock red dot on gun1 and use it on gun 2
    Pre-load info will come in a few days
    Metro got changed that' why they want to test balance again
    You can not change the posters in game to make clan publicity
    You have more then 1 knife animation. On the ground you can NOT counter knife
    Beta will not start at 00:00
    Beta was never delayed ( the date )
    You can not UPDATE alpha client you need a full download
    You can join with friends on a server
    Friendly fire is On default settings
    Mod tools are still CONSIDERED
    You can not cook grenades
    Vehicles auto regeneration ONLY under 75%
    Ranked servers can be changed to unranked but same price
    When you get kicked you can see the reason in the Battleblog
    there will be more info the next weeks
    Some community events will be held during the beta
    About 300 workers @ DICE
    Will be some more Q&A for English people "soon"

DICE released the official Battlefield 3 beta start today today, which will be September 27th for Origin pre-orders / Medal of Honor: Limited Edition users and open to everyone on September 29th. The map will be Operation Metro on Rush just like the Alpha trial. The open beta will end October 10th.

What are the dates for the beta?

The open beta starts September 29th on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. Those that have already pre-ordered the PC digital download version of battlefield 3 through origin or own the limited/tier 1 edition of medal of honor for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 or PC, will have early access starting on September 27th. The open beta ends on October 10th.

Where do I get the beta?

On Playstation 3, the Beta will appear automatically on the Playstation Network Store. On Xbox 360, it will automatically appear on Xbox Live Marketplace. On PC, it will automatically appear in the Origin application's demo page.

How do I install the beta?

On console, you simply download the beta and play. On PC, you first install the origin client found on www.origin.com/download and then install the beta from within the origin client. More details will be available here before the beta starts.

Is Origin required to play the beta?

Origin is not required to play on xbox 360 or playstation 3. For PC, origin will be used to distribute the beta installation and run the game and therefore necessary to play.

What are the minimum and recommended system requirements for playing on PC?

Minimum System Requirements
    Processor: 2 GHz dual core (core 2 duo 2.4 GHz or Althon x2 2.7 GHz)
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard drive: 20 GB
    Graphics card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB ram (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ati radeon 3870 or higher performance)
    Graphics card (Nvidia): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB ram (Nvidia GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)
    Sound card: directx compatible
    Keyboard and mouse
    DVD rom drive

Recommended System Requirements
    Processor: quad-core cpu
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard drive: 20 GB
    Graphics card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB ram (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950)
    Sound card: DirectX compatible
    Keyboard and mouse
    DVD rom drive
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 09-22-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Downloaded bf3 beta... just got home from work. gonna hop on and rape some face with southie, black hawk and embers in a bit. Will post review later.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

i had MOH LE back when it first came out but sold it. I had the code and all, used it, and never got a damn e-mail or whatever involving BF3... fuck EA.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Southie says a lot of people still haven't gotten their codes. Check your emailz, thats where my code came this morning around 11am. If not, email EA, tell em you had it and used the code and they'll prolly give you a beta key

Just played my first game. Fucking incredible. I don't even know why yet, it feels better. Guns feel/sound better, animations are smooth and the graphics are crisp like a fresh apple. Oct 25th needs to be here tomorrow.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

If I don't have it by tomorrow, I'll send 'em an e-mail. Or if I don't get it by tomorrow I'll just wait, since it's supposed to come out for everyone on the 29th anyways lol