Thread: Catherine (PS3/Xbox360)

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Default Catherine (PS3/Xbox360)

Just bought it yesterdays and it blew my mind. The Team that did Persona on the PS2 put together an awesome "adult" game.
    Plot (more or less spoilerfree)
    You play as Vincent who's gf Katherine wants to tie the knot and starts talking about marriage. Vincent isn't that pleasent with this situation, cause he likes his live as it is at that moment. He's drinkin' in a bar with some friends and as they leave the young Catherine sits down next to him, one thing leads to another and Vincent wakes up with Catherine beside him the next morning...
    At night Vincent has some strange nightmares, where he is climbing up a huge tower to run from death. While he is having these nightmares there are several strange deaths going on in the world.
    Gameplay
    You play both day and night, during the day you can hang around in his favortie bar, talk to people check your phone or just sit there and let time pass. When talking to people you often are forced to make some decisions which lead to a "good/bad" rating between the two girls. During the night you are in a nihgtmare level where you have to climb up a huge stack of blocks with solving puzzles on where to push/pull blocks to get up to a save area, here you can talk to some npcs learn more puzzle moves and help or don't help other npcs. The puzzle-mechanics work like a charm and the puzzles theirself get pretty challanging quit quickly.
    Graphics
    The game is sorta anime-ish looking with nice animations and a resolution of 720P, it is always fluid without any tearing and such.
    Overall
    The game is pretty mature themed. The topic of cheating is pretty nice done and all your decisions are based on how you think about it. The game has several endings, which increases the replay-value.
    This game is definatly something different and i can just recommend it to everyone, who's fed up with the usual shooter/rpg/and whatnot games...
    Rating: 9/10
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Been contemplating getting this game, but haven't decided yet.
    The demo of the game was quite intriguing and I liked the frantic pace.
    It's definitely a unique game which is a very good thing to me.

I'd put it in league with Katamari Damacy and ICO just off of its unique experience.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

really want to play this game and might do so once i get enough cash.

You definitely got me interested falling, but I have no money or job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

i have it. portal 2 got me in the mood for puzzlers and i heard this was very good, if only a little too hard. need to finish a couple other games before i give it my full attention.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

i want another katamari game

i didnt get this game because they didnt have a a japanese dub.....like wtf
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

i don't mind having a japanese dub, since i don't understand a word of it. and for a story-driven game i want to understand what the F is going on and what i'm answering, so the english sync (why is seemingly flavless) works like a charm for me
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST