Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

damn that's actually a lot cheaper than I thought... might look into getting one myself

you got some awesome pics there dude! I freaking love your cat and the pic itself..
    i guess i don't have flickr but you can check my pics out on my facebook http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2737911&type=1
    Took 'em with just a simple digital camera, nothing expensive

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Those pics are sick man, that panoramic shot of the landscape was sick! Bruno seems sick too haha and that cruiser board looks tight!
    If you're saying you liked the pic of the cat, it's not mine I was over at a good friend's place before heading out to a concert, and I brought my camera over and shot the cat and my friend playing guitar.
    I got something on Facebook as well... haha kinda like this group I made for my photog for my friends to see and what not, but here's the link if you'd like;: http://www.facebook.com/groups/179020528843519/

oh really, but it's still an awesome cat! bruno is indeed sick haha! i love him to death!
    explosions in the sky tickets awesome! i like the focus on that pic.. and that frontside nosegrind too..
    i wanna have a new camera but i don't have the money and what i have goes to my driver's license so

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

haha thanks man! get a cam after you paid your license!!!

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    damn that's actually a lot cheaper than I thought... might look into getting one myself
    They have a 50mm f/1.8 that goes for only about $130... Also a great lens, just more zoomage than I needed for this shoot on Friday
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    They have a 50mm f/1.8 that goes for only about $130... Also a great lens, just more zoomage than I needed for this shoot on Friday
    The thing is, when I first thought about getting into photog, I spoke to Bullet (or something like that) about it, since he films IRL shit as well (he has a Canon 60D w/ that kind of lens), and he told me to start with that type of lens, so, blindly and excited about getting one, without knowing much about photog, I went on ebay and bought a 50mm prime f/1.8 lens for like 50$, but I bought it for SLR lol so for now I can't use it, but I can just get an adapter and hopefully it'll be alright...

God this lens is awesome...

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

daaaamn, sick pictures roc. Even though I'm not a rollerblading fan, those pictures look sick. The wall ride picture looks good, but I think it would've been better if you got more of the spot in the picture, but that's just my take...

Also, if anyone likes looking at skateboarding photos, my friend showed me this reeeeeeally dope website for that. JAZZPUSH has a lot of professional photographers on there, some amateurs as well. I tried signing up, and I got an e-mail back from them saying I got rejected because I didn't have enough variety in terms of spots lol so you know that not everyone can sign in, and only beast photographers post their shit there. Check it out, really worth a look, imo.

I'm not a rollerblading fan. I'm a roccityroller fan! <3

Fluckit Master

daaaamn, sick pictures roc. Even though I'm not a rollerblading fan, those pictures look sick. The wall ride picture looks good, but I think it would've been better if you got more of the spot in the picture, but that's just my take...

Also, if anyone likes looking at skateboarding photos, my friend showed me this reeeeeeally dope website for that. JAZZPUSH has a lot of professional photographers on there, some amateurs as well. I tried signing up, and I got an e-mail back from them saying I got rejected because I didn't have enough variety in terms of spots lol so you know that not everyone can sign in, and only beast photographers post their shit there. Check it out, really worth a look, imo.

You can always check Skateperception.com.

Been there for months, most of the photography stuff I've learned came from the sktpercetpn's users. Oh, and you don't need to be approved.

The wall ride picture looks good, but I think it would've been better if you got more of the spot in the picture
    that was pretty much the whole spot. The bench on the right side was what he launched off of. I had to crop out my buddy filming it. This was more of a "oh shit he's gonna do that" {run down the hill just in time} *Snap* "Holy shit I got it." type of pic
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    that was pretty much the whole spot. The bench on the right side was what he launched off of. I had to crop out my buddy filming it. This was more of a "oh shit he's gonna do that" {run down the hill just in time} *Snap* "Holy shit I got it." type of pic
    ahhhhh makes sense, but what I meant was that I think I personally would've liked it uncropped, but I have no idea what you cropped out, so its all good lol maybe having the filmer in the shot would add something sick to it? idk haha you're more experienced than I am in photog, so maybe I'm just talking nonsense.

Fluckit Master

Shot it this morning. Since I got PS in my pc I thought I could give it a try and get into photomerging/panoramics.
    Not quite good, but it's my first attempt at it.

3 horizontal pics

edit: two more pics

Last edited by agusbmxarg; 10-25-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Fluckit Master

Will probably get my camera soon

Can't wait to play around with my new toy!

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Will probably get my camera soon

Can't wait to play around with my new toy!
    Props man! I can't wait to get my own camera either.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Agus, that panoramic/photo merging shot was sick! I really like it man. Those other 2 pics are pretty sweet as well.

And Seanne, photog is imo one of the funnest past times, apart from skateboarding haha

Fluckit Master

Agus, that panoramic/photo merging shot was sick! I really like it man. Those other 2 pics are pretty sweet as well.

And Seanne, photog is imo one of the funnest past times, apart from skateboarding haha
    I can imagine.. My D3100 has even dropped in costs. Lucky me! then I can save up for some sick lenses later.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I can imagine.. My D3100 has even dropped in costs. Lucky me! then I can save up for some sick lenses later.
    Ch'yeeeee, sick deal man! Get at it! and then post all yo shit here haha

Fluckit Master

That's the camera I use. It's my first cam also. You'll enjoy it my friend!

Fluckit Master

Today I didn't ride my bike, so I was bored as fluck at home, decided to build a diy lightbox and shot this with it

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    Today I didn't ride my bike, so I was bored as fluck at home, decided to build a diy lightbox and shot this with it

GREAT photo! Which lense did you use for that? The one I will get is the 18-55VR one.. Guess it will be all right for a first lense.

Fluckit Master

GREAT photo! Which lense did you use for that? The one I will get is the 18-55VR one.. Guess it will be all right for a first lense.
    I shot this with the D3100 + 18-55VR.

As you can see, it's a GREAT setup for getting into photography. The only special thing I used for this shot was an external flash, pointing to white foamboard 2 ft to the right of the dish with the water, so I can get a better effect than If I'd use the camera's integrated flash.

EDIT: I think I'll start uploading to flickr later tonight. Boxer I'll add you as my homeboy then

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I think I'll start uploading to flickr later tonight. Boxer I'll add you as my homeboy then
    Go right ahead mang, send me that shiz whenever you get it going!

18-55 is a great starter lens. Kinda weak/slow in low light so i would reccomend a tripod.

that reminds me, i haven't tried any 30 second exposures with the 30mm f/1.8
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

dude, that's a nice pic

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

picasa album of random handy pics: link
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

doggie's cute

Banned

My Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerreldoest/

So far only used my phone and a consumer camera.

I'm considering buying an EOS 600D / T3i

For now it's just playing around.
    Last edited by jerr bear; 10-26-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Fluckit Master

Just bought my D3100! Will post my flickr once I have any photos lol. Gonna read up on manuals and shit now.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

@ fallen: that cathedral picture is sick!!!
    @ jerrel: those 2 latest pictures are dope, can't wait to see what you'll be doing with the t3i (or whichever camera you'll end up getting haha)
    @ seanne: fuck yeah!!! get on that shit son haha

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

a little something for Roc

24 by jboxerman, on Flickr

Filmed one of my buddies for his in-line video yesterday, probably gonna be a sponser-me vid or something. I'll be filming him for the next 2-3 months, so I'll for sure get some decent footy/photos eventually. I got loads of proper clips from him yesterday. I'll eventually make the edit as well and post it around for him to get more noticed.

Banned

View from my bedroom. iPhone 4s: dual-core A5 chip, 8mp with 1080p HD video.

48th Floor

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

that's a pretty nice shot Roke!

This is for Roc

Filmed my buddy (first time filming with the Rebel t2i) over the weekend. He wanted me to make an edit with the stuff from this weekend, so I did lol Here it is.

that was fucking sweet. last 540 was pretty sick. and cool that he can shred on a board too.

where is this? those spots look fun.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

To him skateboarding is almost like second nature. He doesn't even skate lol He used to like 7-8 years ago, but he skates maybe once or twice every 1-2 years haha he is insane though. Maybe 5 years ago, I went to meet up some friends to go for a sesh, and I met up my friends at this 7 stair spot. He was at the top of the stairs and he yelled "This is for you Boxer", goes back, does a quick prayer, and pops a kick flip down the big 7 first try lol He still rips, doesn't go as big on a board as he used to, but he's still pretty good.

This spot is at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Quebec. All of these different spots were there lol There are so many spots to skate/in-line or even snowboard/ski there. Definitely one of the landmarks of Montreal, both for tourists and for athletes of all kinds. There's also the well-known "Big-O" that many old-school pros have been there such as Steve Caballero and others like that. You might've heard it before, or seen pictures there... but then again, might not be known in the States lol

Banned

been there (as a tourist) lol. Great architecture which means skate paradise. That should be your next 'build'

a bunch of my homies were just in montreal skating not too long ago.

There's a kid from there named Kevin LaPierre, rollerblader, came down and destroyed a contest in Buffalo a few weeks back. The dude is one of the illest unknowns i seen in a minute. really fun to watch skate. Find him, film him, make video, profit, repeat.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter