Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone got Flickr?

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I like the light patterns on the bike, would've liked to see the whole thing though

Tomorrow I'm going to one of my good friend's band playing at a local concert hall, and I'll be taking pictures. Hopefully I'll have a few nice ones, nice enough to share lol

I got some dope pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/skatepreme/

Banned

Got my T3i, haven't had much time to mess with it but here you go:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerreldoest/6781983581/

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

haha that picture is jokes Jerrel, but i like the focus on it though

and sweet pictures skatepreme

Fluckit Master

Got my Stuff from ALYKCRU.COM, 2 copies of the Still Here DVD (one of the best bmx vids I've ever seen) and a bunch of stickers.
    Wanted to start reppin the ActLikeYouKnow guys asap so I took this pic.

Banned

Cycler by JerrelMD, on Flickr

Skating on natural ice by JerrelMD, on Flickr

Bridge by JerrelMD, on Flickr
    Last edited by jerr bear; 02-06-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I saw those on Flickr earlier today man, I find that Bridge picture is sick!

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I'm really looking into purchasing a fisheye recently, and came across this. If anyone knows a lot about lenses and whatnot, feel free to let me know if it's a good deal or not. I've read the reviews and they all seem super positive about it lol I'd buy it, but then again, when I started looking into that kind of stuff when Bullet was giving me some info, I went and bought the wrong lens haha so anyways, let me know if you guys think its a good deal or not

http://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-FE8M-C.../dp/B002LTXQUE

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Jerr - composition on those pics (esp the bridge one) are great. The first and last really tell a story.

Shooting snow is hard, because you have the darkness of the shadows and the brightness of the snow/sky. You can tell that your light metering was done of the bridge because the sun and sky are so over exposed. Are you shooting with a DSLR? Tripod? i dabbled in HDR awhile back, which is really fun if you can get it right but it accounts for a high dynamic range (light-dark, its what 'HDR' stands for) by utilizing multiple exposures, usually 1 'prime' exposure then a couple 1-2 steps over exposed and 1-2 steps under exposed. Obviously this does not work with moving targets but when done properly it looks amazing.

Here's a good example, you get alot of the details in the dark ranges with having 'blown out' lights.

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Banned

I'll start messing with HDR. And damn that pic's amazing =P
    Thanks Roc.

Most recent two :3

Petite. by JerrelMD, on Flickr

TOSTI KETCHUP by JerrelMD, on Flickr

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Jerr - composition on those pics (esp the bridge one) are great. The first and last really tell a story.

Shooting snow is hard, because you have the darkness of the shadows and the brightness of the snow/sky. You can tell that your light metering was done of the bridge because the sun and sky are so over exposed. Are you shooting with a DSLR? Tripod? i dabbled in HDR awhile back, which is really fun if you can get it right but it accounts for a high dynamic range (light-dark, its what 'HDR' stands for) by utilizing multiple exposures, usually 1 'prime' exposure then a couple 1-2 steps over exposed and 1-2 steps under exposed. Obviously this does not work with moving targets but when done properly it looks amazing.

Here's a good example, you get alot of the details in the dark ranges with having 'blown out' lights.

Amazing photo!

Had a friend take this photo of me the other day

I did the exposure, composition and post processing, so basically all he did was pressing the shutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

with an action shot, that's sometimes the hardest part

"If you saw it happen, you didn't get the picture"
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Fluckit Master

First of all, nice pics, to all of you guys. Knexor props for such a nice pic, and move. you got skills bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    I'm really looking into purchasing a fisheye recently, and came across this. If anyone knows a lot about lenses and whatnot, feel free to let me know if it's a good deal or not. I've read the reviews and they all seem super positive about it lol I'd buy it, but then again, when I started looking into that kind of stuff when Bullet was giving me some info, I went and bought the wrong lens haha so anyways, let me know if you guys think its a good deal or not

http://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-FE8M-C.../dp/B002LTXQUE

Well, it's a decent lens for it's price. Idk much about Canon but I think you T2i has in-body autofocus option so, that's good, very good.
    Those Rokinon are basically the same lenses (body, glasses, etc.) as the Peleng, Bower, Vivitar (the only diference with this is that the vivitar has a red stripe instead of the golden one). The tokina 11-16 comes from the same building too I think.

To be honest, being you from Canada, a First World Country, I would suggest you save up more money and get legit wide angle lens for your camera. (Once again, Idk much about Canon, but for example, one of (if not) the best fisheye lenses for Nikon are the Nikon 10.5 AF (even the Sigma 10 one...).

These 'cheap' lenses has not-so-good mirror coating (which leads to blurring and cromatic averration in the peripherical area of the composition) and many other downs.

I mean, if I had the money right now I would buy these because I can't wait to get this kinda lenses (as much as you do I bet), but they're still VERY expensive to us down here. Even more the nikon ones. How much are the best canon wides worth up there??

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

@ Roc: amazing shot, reallllllly like it, did you take it?
    @ knex: fuckin dope picture dude! you got tranny skills!
    @ agus: I've been dying to get a fisheye, but I'm probably the worst at saving up money lol the "cheapest" one I could find in-store was like 700$... this one sells for like 300$ and from the reviews, it's apparently extremely underrated, so I'd love to give that lens a try.

Fluckit Master

@ agus: I've been dying to get a fisheye, but I'm probably the worst at saving up money lol the "cheapest" one I could find in-store was like 700$... this one sells for like 300$ and from the reviews, it's apparently extremely underrated, so I'd love to give that lens a try.
    For sure man, I know what you feel hah. I'd love to get one of those too. Just go for it dude. So does the T2i has in-body AF???

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

that's probably what I'll do Sometime within the next month or 2 (hopefully), it'll be mounted on my t2i body haha and to answer your question, I have no idea if the t2i has in-body autofocus lol I'm not an expert at all, I don't know all these kinds of things... yet! I'll be learning a bunch of shit soon though! I'm applying for professional photography, so if I get accepted, I'll learn all kinds of shit lol can't wait!

Fluckit Master

that's probably what I'll do Sometime within the next month or 2 (hopefully), it'll be mounted on my t2i body haha and to answer your question, I have no idea if the t2i has in-body autofocus lol I'm not an expert at all, I don't know all these kinds of things... yet! I'll be learning a bunch of shit soon though! I'm applying for professional photography, so if I get accepted, I'll learn all kinds of shit lol can't wait!

Good for you man! That's really great dude, hope you get accepted.

About the autofocus, here is a brief explanation.
    I've just done some research and yes, your camera has built-in autofocus, that means, you can use lenses that has no AF (for example, the 18-55 that comes with the kit has AF, but a 50mm f/1.8 doesnt), and still be available to use the autofocus, instead of focusing manually with the lenses focus ring.
    For example, you could get also a cheap (but good, so good) 50mm. f/1.8 and you'll still have the autofocus option, thanks to your camera.

I don't know if there's a switch or something in the camera's body for turning ON this option, but for example here is the Nikon D90, you can see both the lenses and body autofocus switches

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d90...2783-front.jpg

Long story short, your T2i's built-in focus motor will do the autofocus work if you get that fisheye.
    Long story even shorter, go get those mirrors naoo hah.

EDIT: here are some random/skate pics taken with a t2i and the rokinon

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3096/5...91e47581_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5088/5...2e0824cd_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5148/5...f8cd6e8e_z.jpg

EDIT2: Well, now that I'm checking the amazon post, looks like those lenses don't have the AF nomenclature in their name, so they probably don't have autofocus option, not even with AF body cameras, which sucks.

Atleast they're quite luminous at f3.5 and I think the hyperfocal for these is like 3ft, so, if you shoot your picture with the f number set to 3.5, everything from 3ft away from you and beyond should be well focused, (in theory).
    Last edited by agusbmxarg; 02-10-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Canon's do image stabilization in the body as well, if i remember right, which doesn't perform as well but means you dont NEED to by IS/VR lenses. So you got that going for you.

And no, i didn't take that shot, i just grabbed it from teh webz to show you guys what an HDR looks like.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    Got my Stuff from ALYKCRU.COM, 2 copies of the Still Here DVD (one of the best bmx vids I've ever seen) and a bunch of stickers.
    Wanted to start reppin the ActLikeYouKnow guys asap so I took this pic.

what setup are you runnin nowadays agus?

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Canon's do image stabilization in the body as well, if i remember right, which doesn't perform as well but means you dont NEED to by IS/VR lenses. So you got that going for you.
    Didn't know that. Another point for you boxermane.

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    what setup are you runnin nowadays agus?
    The same as 3 years ago hah, basically, an Eighties Wildside frame from 07', Primo forks/hubs/pedals, fly cranks, Eighties rims and Odsy tires.
    My newest part are a pair of Dehart Cult grips which SUCK SO FCKN MUCH, wore them after 2 weeks. fck them.

Can't be more happy with my current bike configuration, I take care of it as if it's a member of my family. Seriously, shit's basketball status, I can drop it from a 2 story building and I bet it would not make a sound besides the wheels bouncing heheh.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

good to hear. I haven't been on my bike in 6 months. I miss riding the steed.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

damn Agus, thanks for the tips! And that first shot (of the kick flip or wtv) looks dope as fuck! I think I'll still give this lens a shot though, so when I get my pay check or income taxes, ima get that shiiizzzz! haha

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I still need a few pictures for my portfolio, so I've been shooting today and these 2 pictures stood out for me among the others I've taken today. Take a look and let me know what you think!

28 by jboxerman, on Flickr

29 by jboxerman, on Flickr

Fluckit Master

Dude, really good pictures. The first one is very well composed, and it's interesting how you picked a wide aperture for it (the sun's flare efect is because of it, It doesn't look bad imo, but this wide aperture made the pic look a lil bit 'blurry', if you've used a smaller aperture (like f10, maybe even f8), the focused area would have been more deep, if that's the correct term.
    Second one is great, I don't have anything to say about it. Well framed, and in this kinda pic you can appreciate how wide apertures let you handle the depth of field in such an abrupt way. I like the bokeh effect on that last pic.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

thanks Agus, I need this kind of feedback. I'm really a noob when it comes to aperture lol I think for these shots I set my camera to automatic... :/ but I still personally like how they came out, and I thought the sun flare was cool haha

Fluckit Master

thanks Agus, I need this kind of feedback. I'm really a noob when it comes to aperture lol I think for these shots I set my camera to automatic... :/ but I still personally like how they came out, and I thought the sun flare was cool haha
    For sure man. The best way to learn new things is, just going out with the cam and take shots and shots and shots, and that's something you do, so from now on, everytime you go out there you'll get something new and different. And that's something I should do, haven't used my camera for weeks now.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

haha yeah i know man, but with school during the day and work in the evening everyday of the week, I've got hardly any time to just go out and shoot :/ but I should try to shoot more often, that's how I'll learn the most, but I need to shoot for my portfolio anyways so I'll have to make time for the next month to shoot more lol

Fluckit Master

Savng up for this atm Nikon AF-S DX 85mm f3.5G ED VR Micro which is a pretty sick macro lens.

Here you can see some pictures taken with this lens.
    http://www.photozone.de/nikon--nikko...dx85vr?start=2

Can't wait!
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 03-03-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Fluckit Master

Got some new stuff. Damn I want my macro lens now!!

Seanne
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 03-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Banned

Loving the first two!

Saving up for a lens myself too

Well actually I got the money, not sure what lens to go for. Prolly going for a 50mm f/1.8 lens. (that or 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 OR 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6).

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Loving the first two!

Saving up for a lens myself too

Well actually I got the money, not sure what lens to go for. Prolly going for a 50mm f/1.8 lens. (that or 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 OR 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6).

What camera do you have? Got it with the kit lenses?
    If your camera's body has built-in AF, don't even think about it and get the 50mm 1.8 (works like 75 in APS-C sensors I believe), or if you have the money, an AF-S 35mm. (aprox. true 50mm on said sensors).
    About the teles, I don't know prices over there, but as I said, if your camera has built in AF, and Image stabilizer, you could get a cheap but still good tele without those features (maybe a sigma), sell the kit lenses, and get the new Sigma 10-20....

/mydreamsetup

lol

Fluckit Master

Bought a cheap close up lens filter and trying it out quickly. Will test some more outside during the weekend.
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 03-08-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

that shot is pretty sweet Seanne! Quality seems pretty good for a cheap close up lens

Banned

Typically Dutch :P

Awesome shot, J
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Fluckit Master

Took these today. First time doing CC, crop and allthat using PS (Been using Photoscape till today).

Oh, and a pan shot of my roof view I took yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/iaIta.jpg

first one looks a bit soft, but im also on my phone, focus has to be tough with a shot like that. Haha how many throwaways did you have to take?
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Nice shots dude! I like those panoramic shots that you take, very sick!

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Got my fisheye yesterday! So stoked on this purchase. An 8mm Rokinon fisheye. It's too sick, I love it haha I got a few test shots with it today, take a look:

30 by jboxerman, on Flickr

The lens is fully manual, which is hard for me because I'm really not used to this at all, but it gives me good practice. I can't even set the aperture on with the camera haha I have a wheel on the lens I have to rotate it to set it to the desired aperture, and then I choose the iso and f-stop settings with the camera.
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 03-30-2012 at 11:45 AM.