Thread: Anyone got Flickr?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Default Anyone got Flickr?

I finally purchased my camera yesterday, and I've been messing around with it, shooting on Manual as much as I can. Here's what I got so far if anyone's interested (lol): boxerman's flickr.

I'm new to this photography business, so I can only get better over the next months/years. Feedback is always appreciated, and tips are more than welcome as well.

If anyone is into photography and has a flickr or tumblr or any site of the sort, feel free to share! I'd love to see other people's stuff.

Fluckit Master

Thinking on getting a Olympus E-PL2, Canon EOS 600D or maybe Panasonic DMC-GF2 in a couple of month's once I've saved up some money, or maybe none of them.. haven't really made up my mind about it yet.
    I haven't owned a camera since I was a kid, but starting to really get interested in photography.

I'll favourite your page for now, and let ya know when I have one up and ready when I have my camera.

Nice quality of your photos. Which camera do you use atm?

Edit: Just noticed that you have the Canon EOS 550D.
    Working out good for you so far?
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 09-16-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

To be honest, I have no idea if the camera's you've mentioned are good since I'm new to photography, but I'm guessing they are. I've always loved Canon camera's though, so that's why I chose the Rebel t2i (or 550D). Since I got it, I've been using it a lot, trying to learn how to properly shoot photos on manual settings (setting the ISO, f-stop, shutter speed, etc.). Imo, it's a little hard at first (unless you already know all the basics lol), but it's so much fun to experiment with.

But just an advice I can maybe tell you (if you're considering the 600D). When I went to buy my camera, I was initially going for the 600D. There's something like a 200$ difference in price, and apparently, from what the people told me at the Camera store, said that there is virtually no difference between the 550D and the 600D, except a pivoting screen. A friend of mine, who has a degree in professional photography, told me to get the 550D, and get a better starting lens, since the kit lens isn't very good. If the pivoting screen is a necessity for you, then get the 600D, but if it doesn't matter for you, get the 550D and use the spare money you would've used for the 600D for a better starting lens. So now, my current set-up is a Canon 550D with a Tamron 17mm-50mm. To give you an idea of the price, the 550D body was 649.99$ + tax and the lens was 449.99$ + tax.

Once you get your camera and a flickr or wtv, let me know man! I'd love to see them.

You can see some of my photography here
    All of it is quite old but I'm still proud of the majority of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Fluckit Master

Some good pointers there Boxer!
    Sounds like you got a pretty good deal for your camera.

I'm not gonna pay less than 750$ for the body ( It's a bit more expensive in Sweden =/ ) then like you said, spend the rest on a better lens.
    If you're interested in the cameras I mentioned, there's this guy Kai Wong that does some very good and interesting camera reviews. http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalR.../1/4mWnEd7qITQ

But yeah, we'll see which camera I will get. And I'll comment here once I have some photos up.

Btw do you get any cool filters and such with your camera?

Knex. Love your black and white photo with the child in the middle. Good work.
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 09-19-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

wow Knex, those photos are really sick, I only saw a few, but from what I've seen, they're really sick.

I'll defs look into those reviews man, they're always good when you're not sure of certain things. Let me know when you got everything and have put up pictures! What do you mean by filters?