Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
Good to know Roc. Will take about 2 month's give or take until I have my camera. Will surely ask some questions about photo's later.

Are you familiar with lenses as well or just photography? I'm wondering because the camera I will be getting includes the Nikon Nikkor AF-S DX 18-55/3,5-5,6G VR lense, and I guess it's a good starting lens.

But I wanna eventually do some macro and/or long distance shooting as soon as possible. So which lenses would be good for that?

Really have no clue which lenses that are good for those purposes for a Nikon D3100.

Nice photos Agus!
Really liked both the forrest photos.
Thanks man!

Also, all the pics (besides the last one) were taken with the family camera, a D3100.

I have the kit VR 18-55 in both cameras, plus a Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 APO D I use for macro and teles.
Mine is broken (AF doesn't work at all), but I could manage to take some good pics with it, I don't know what you're looking for, but as photography novice, I can say that Sigma 70-300 is one nice piece of glass.
Here are some pics taken with it.

this dog was pretty far from where I was standing. It was too windy up in the mountain so despite my manual focus skills

tryin some bokeh with that fern piece