Thread: Guild Wars 2

Banned

Default Guild Wars 2

Is going to be tits

I'm expecting a lot of whining about petty things when it comes out, but it does look amazing.

wish I could fix my damn computer so it wouldn't crash trying to play it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Fluckit Master

I've had enough of MMO's.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Yup, I have 47/50 Hall of Monument points unlocked in Guild Wars 1 just to unlock stuff for Guild Wars 2.
    I'm only missing 1 title unlock in GW2 which I'm not sure if I'll be bothered to work on.
    If they can deliver on 1/2 the stuff they are trying to give, then GW2 is going to kick major ass and shake up the MMORPG industry.

And bitchy people online with game forums are always going to complain no matter what.
    Diablo 3 is incredibly amazing to watch right now because of all the crying going on in the beta-related forums.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Steam
    Monkadelic

there wasnt much whining in GW when i played it just some rank snobs that preferred you play the exact way they wanted you to in a biuld; with D3 the fast switch bar skillset and instant scrolling in those skills i give D3 the upper hand; but not in PvP; they killed PvP in diablo with there arena only shit and GW2 will own that hands down. mixed feelings about both since i played them more or less equal time for 5+ years; I am giving the edge to GW2 even tho i will most likely be in D3 for aesthetic reasons in hardcore mode.

Banned

lol Sorry Monk but if u wanted to join me with HA or GvG as a wammo I would've lol'd the fuck outta you

XBL
    replicant#2618

In GW1 you can make it through the majority of the game playing shitty builds with crap gear basically leeching off of people or your H/H team. However, if you wanted to get something done of merit (PvE or PvP), then you needed a build and the ability to play it which didn't suck and cause you to be a burden on your team. Although, it can be argued now that with 7 heros you can just build a 7man Sab/Spirit/Mez-Way team and faceroll across PvE without looking at the screen much.

GW2 and D3 are going to be the exact same way in PvE and PvP when it comes to builds. They will matter and if you create shit builds, then people aren't going to want to play with you unless they are friends and taking pity on you.

PvE in GW2 will be more interesting because you don't have basic playstyle archetypes per se. The fact that for the most part you are in charge of your own healing, sharing tanking responsibilities, and utility for yourself and your group adds a whole new dynamic to the play. The GW2 PvP scenario will be interesting, but you're basically playing lots of Domination matches. That isn't to say it's not going to be fun, but I picture my Charr Engineer running to lots of nodes and dropping thumper turrets as I try to hold people off and flip it for control and thus more resources to win.

The GW2 WvWvW battles are going to be a bit like we had in Warhammer Online for DMZ fights. However, this is primarily objective based PvP so it'll feel at times like you're doing more PvE than killing other players. I am not looking forward to this as I was hoping for actual open world pvp, but alas the casuals win in this battle.

D3 will be like D2 in the PvE aspect as certain builds will just be stronger than most and if you decide to play in INSANE difficulty you better know how to fucking play your character well, have good equip, and not have a shit build. I'm already seeing dipshits building HORK baba's for Insane and it's going to be funny watching these shitstains get smeared across the screen every few seconds. The skill/rune system is basically like we had in WoW and min/max is going to be top end and cookie cutter will happen no matter how much smoke people are trying to blow up your ass.

D3 PvP is agreed on the shit end of the stick. It's Act-Blizz looking for another possible way to pocket some change on "e-sports". It's a shitty change, but I guess the casuals won again. I miss the days of being a HC asshole on US-West standing in Hell Cows with my max dr-block sorc telling the retard pubs it's "CLEAR" so they walk in and get slaughtered by every cow I have standing on the TP. Plus, the trusting noob begging for WP's that I setup Hydra's around and hostiled his ass as he ported through to grab the WP. The best thing about D3 Arena's is that currently there are no brackets or leaderboards, so it's just about kicking the shit out of each other for fun. I can dig that.

To summarize, both games will be fine in PvP and PvE. They both have their pros and cons. GW2 I think will be a better game, but D3 will be a welcome diversion.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    Monkadelic

they are already making HORK builds on babas without the confirmation of wizardspikes? ROFL! dual wield HORKS were the best on empty cow levels in d2; and not to bad with battlecry and other shouts as a CQB tank for other ppl; how fast those spikes send off a shout is hypnotic watching them on constant just cycling through them.

i hate it because they basically terminated the PK from hardcore ; i was a PK and i loved the shit out of it doing it in ways other than hacking or fast TPing. whole account full of ears back in .08 and .09- i didnt need a hack or mining TPs with a LE multishot king in order to get the job done; and for what its worth; meteor at level 38 worked way better than a hydra at any level because of its duration :P but the new hydra animations in d3 look cool as hell tho.
    Last edited by Monk; 09-20-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Banned

no Diabro tark here prz

XBL
    replicant#2618

D3 Related:
    Yeah, with the new runes that modify skills Barbs can get lots of increased item/gold-find just from augmented skills. As for how good this is we won't know until MF/GF rules are hardlined for us.

Sorry Jerr

GW2 Related:
    Jerr, you been watching the recent Gamescon and PAX vids for GW2?
    The 5v5 PAX arena fights on The Battle of Kyhlo map for semi's up to VS Devs were fucking nuts.
    The thumper turrets, cyclones, and death shroud seriously throw the field into mayhem.
    Reminds me a lot of playing Arathi Basin in WoW with nice mods like the trebuchet (which I think will be very important).
    They are saying we're not going to have cookie-cutter builds, but even early on I am seeing skills atm that are too important to not run them.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Blazing a Trail

zomg W.O.W iz soooo much better

Steam
    Monkadelic

but you can't put the Sword of a 1000 Truths in the hands of a NOOB!

XBL
    replicant#2618

I'm still upset at South Park for using my likeness as the no life gamer in that episode without compensating me.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"