Thread: Music from my "yoooff"

Default Music from my "yoooff"

Just though I'd start a thread with some of my fav tunes from when I was a kid/teeneager

If anyone wishes to add to this feel free, all i as is you post the year it was from and if you can remember your first memory of the the tune!

These are in no order at all, just as I find them or think of them.

Well I picked this track after watching saunders420 latest vid which used M.Beats and General Levy's track Incredible.

It reminded me of going to sweaty raves at amazing venues like the Bagley's and the Junction, and of recording sets off of pirate radio stations onto cassettes, and then swapping tapes with people at school after you listened to it to death!

Argh those were the days. lol.

So from back in 1995! I remeber hearing this on Pirate Radio station called Kool FM and I believe it was a DJ called Nicky BLackmarket who played it!

Personally this is what I consider as "Jungle" (which if you have never heard of it) was a sort of an almgamation of Breakbeat, Ragga, Dancehall and Acid House music. Though it was its own entity and hugely popular when I was a kid.

It was the precusor to Drum and Bass, and IMO where D'n'B holds its roots, as you can still hear amen breaks in some DnB tracks today and depending on which DJ is playing it not uncommon to hear old tunes like this thrown into the mix.

This track is - Tom&Jerry - Maximum Style

lol this was my favourite song for so many years! from the age of 8 til 13 i think.

it was on a mix cd, from tmf netherlands called hitzone.
    I think this was the first artist that i thought set me apart from everyone else.
    It was my first real experience with "rock" and i think it made me who i am today lol

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

i used to listen to aaron carter when i was a little impressionable boy and i am not ashamed in the least.

Fluckit Master

Man I listened to all kinds of shit back in the 90s..
    Like Ace of Base, Alice Deejay, House of Pain, Beastie Boys, Green Day, Bad Religion just to name a few.
    Also listened to a few trance songs now and then which got stuck on me, hence why I listen to alot of dubstep/trance, House D'n'B etc today.

This song however never gets old.. Still good to this day too
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 09-20-2011 at 04:25 PM.