Thread: Diablo 3 [Delayed till Early 2012]

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Default Diablo 3 [Delayed till Early 2012]

Soon Was Too Soon -- Diablo III to Arrive in Early 2012

While this was posted on the Official site I am holding off till Blizzcon for what I consider real confirmation at the Dev Panel. To me if this new "Early 2012" release schedule holds true, then I think Activision-Blizzard has seriously screwed the proverbial pooch. Bringing Diablo 3 out in the same projected release period as Guild Wars 2 is simply bad business. Yes, the game will still sell well, but I think it's going to actually punch up the early adopter numbers of Guild Wars 2. GW2 is going to offer more solid content [PvE and PvP] compared to Diablo 3 at the same price and also with no monthly fee as well. I'll own both just like a lot of people will.

It boggles my mind that Activision-Blizzard could let the biggest release for Christmas 2011 slip like this. They also just allowed Star Wars: The Old Republic [Holiday 2011 Release] and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [11-11-11 Release] make a lot more profit than they would have otherwise.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Blazing a Trail

Honestly, I've never been more excited than I am for d3 and the new elder scrolls game....thieves guild here I come!