Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

the only bad thing about BF3 on consoles (imo graphics arent nearly as important as fun gameplay) is that the servers are going to be restricted to having games of 24 to maybe 32 players. The pc will probably be in the 64 - 128 range.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by xRiverKing View Post
    the only bad thing about BF3 on consoles (imo graphics arent nearly as important as fun gameplay) is that the servers are going to be restricted to having games of 24 to maybe 32 players. The pc will probably be in the 64 - 128 range.
    It has been already confirmed that PC will support up to 64 players.

I know, PC graphs are better, but c'mon some of us can't afford a PC upgrade for BF3 usage; console bf3 is playable as hell.

I friggin love this Beta, at first I was abit like "wtf!" what with the glitches n all that, but gotten into it now and cannot wait for the game to be released. The Beta was a good idea really, cus now all the cod fanboys will stick to mw3, ha! I do enjoy abit of cod I admit, but BF3 is where it's at for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    I was dead serious, wanna debate it? People said the same thing about 8gig on my lappy when I got it last year.
    lol
    i bought my new rig about 3 months ago and only have 4gb... way enough for me.
    you should rather spend that money on a good gfxcard

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maqqot View Post
    lol
    i bought my new rig about 3 months ago and only have 4gb... way enough for me.
    you should rather spend that money on a good gfxcard
    You're just barely in the 64bit range. Adobe cs5.1 is minimum 4 gigs. I can happily alt-tab between premiere, after effects, photoshop, and bridge. I got 1gig on the gfx card and she still struggles with 1080p footage once I get over approx 2min on the timeline. Remember though this is on a laptop so my 8gig offsets the poor performance of mobility series gfx cards.

But 16gig on a gaming rig is far from overkill especially when online gaming is usually launched from a background program/task such as your internet browse or a game manager such as steam.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Well,I gotta admit I'm not an editor so I'm not really in need of alot of RAM
    Using 64bit though,since I'm planning to upgrade later on...

Ah whatever,I can play BF3 fluently on my PC and we should let this BF3 Thread a BF3 Thread again.

Well,I gotta admit I'm not an editor so I'm not really in need of alot of RAM
    Using 64bit though,since I'm planning to upgrade later on...

Ah whatever,I can play BF3 fluently on my PC and we should let this BF3 Thread a BF3 Thread again.
    Well ur right so...

870 in the tunnels > *.

I like how operation metro is setup in 3 sort of sections, like 3 maps in one, all very different. Nobody really dominates. I sniper the first base, shotgun the second smg the third and stealth AR the last, I hope a lot of the maps are set up this way
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Fluckit Master

I'm an old BF fan. Played BF since the first game BF1942. And I want bigger maps for conquest.. I'm bored of Rush and the urban warfare, especially Metro.
    I want huge maps this time, and I'm glad DICE announced that CB aint their biggest map so far.

But I really can't wait for Back to Karkand remake.. Loved that map in BF2 and I can't wait to test it out in BF3 style.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    I'm an old BF fan. Played BF since the first game BF1942. And I want bigger maps for conquest.. I'm bored of Rush and the urban warfare, especially Metro.
    I want huge maps this time, and I'm glad DICE announced that CB aint their biggest map so far.

But I really can't wait for Back to Karkand remake.. Loved that map in BF2 and I can't wait to test it out in BF3 style.
    conquest is where this series shines.. The console versions are getting downsized maps due to player limit.. I just hope they aren't too small..

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by xRiverKing View Post
    conquest is where this series shines.. The console versions are getting downsized maps due to player limit.. I just hope they aren't too small..
    Indeed. I liked Rush in BC2 (didn't play BC1).. but after like 4-6 month's I sorta got bored of it and when back to the old roots and jumped on conquest, even squad death match was more fun than rush.

Yeah no idea how much they will trim down the console maps. It was kinda dull playing conquest in BC2 on console with only 24 players.. took ages to find someone.. Hence why I'm glad I bought me a new pc that can handle newer games such as BF3.

Xbox gamertag : Wiltzuh
    Most of you got it but if not...just take it or leave it =D
    BF3: Loved and preordered <3

Caspian Border servers are back up for PC.

FUCK YEAH!

Fluckit Master

Caspian Border servers are back up for PC.

FUCK YEAH!
    Yep!! Join the game all!

Fluckit Master

Wtf. give new maps.. and no lag please.

Looks like they have improved on alot of things. Hope the finished product is just as sweet as DICE describes it to be.
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 10-07-2011 at 09:30 AM.

m1014 in the metro rocks
    sooo .. you guys using flechette or buckshot?

haven't unlocked different ammo types for the m1014 yet, what's the difference?

Fluckit Master

Same. Haven't unlocked any different ammo types either. But I sure am having fun in caspian border atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Same. Haven't unlocked any different ammo types either. But I sure am having fun in caspian border atm.
    flischette is bird shot, wider spread but less different.

buckshot is slugs/shells, little spread (like a bullet) but a little more damage and a little more distance.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Fluckit Master

Nice rate lol

Fluckit Master

News updated on the battlelog.

M4 is so freakin' OP

12 kills with the MKII? That's like the first base kiad!

noobzorz
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Fluckit Master

So who wanna do some CB?

Fluckit Master

Tried jets with my razor onza te controller. much easier than kb/mouse.. needs more practise though ^^

@PC Players
    are you guys getting random game crashing aswell?
    seems to happen when I'm doing real good real often ...

Fluckit Master

had one just now.. and there was a fucking loud noise in my right headphone which made my eardrum fucking explode!

I've decided today that the graphics suck ass...
    However I heard they'll clear it up before it comes out...
    I hope so, because right now the game is definitely not clear like this... right here

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    I hope so, because right now the game is definitely not clear like this... right here
    It's funny you mention that, and I totally agree. The field of view and depth is scarce. Can use a lot of work graphically, but the Beta thats going on right now is for server purposes. And the video you linked is Pre-Alpha Footage. I dont wanna have to spell it out now, quite clear Alpha is before beta. SO THAT MEANS. the degradation in the graphics. DID they fix it. Or was the video touched up. Are they going to fix it, or did they decide(realize) its better off to differentiate between scope's and hologram red dot etc... depth of view. either or I gaurantee the Gfx will be a lot better. If not, what can ya do....It's EA.

edit-still the best FPS so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    Well,you always gotta remember that this kind of footage is recorded with two GTX 580's. And most of us probably dont have two GTX 580s in our PCs...not to mention consoles;so far away from that.
    Also,I guess that the beta graphics are turned down anyway to keep the downoload file as small as possible...just my guess at that

Fluckit Master

You guys are complaining about a 2011 game graphics running on a 2006 console?

Seriously?

E just literally calmed the storm with that comment, it's so true.
    I can't disagree with what you just said.
    And maggot that explains a lot too.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

bf3 is going to rape everything

Fluckit Master

News about BF3 on xbox. Will have better graphics than PS3 (if you want to)

Battlefield 3 on Xbox 360 Contains Hi-Res Textures on 2nd Disc

GamerZines confirmed with Battlefield 3 producer Patrick Liu that the Xbox 360 version of the game will have the ability to stream higher resolution textures. These higher resolution textures will be on the game's second disc and is a voluntary install. Thanks BF Games.

The Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 3 will let users stream higher resolution textures by installing content found on the game's second disc, DICE has revealed.

"There's a voluntary install on the 360," said Battlefield 3 producer Patrick Liu speaking to GamerZines yesterday.

"I think Rage did it as well, where you can install content to stream higher res textures.

"We're pushing that technology to the limit, and compared to our competitors, I would argue that we're the best looking game."

According to Liu, the game's single-player, co-op and multiplayer are also split up between the two discs, although he wouldn't confirm which modes are present on which disc.

It's not yet known whether the PS3 version of Battlefield 3 will also include the same hi-res textures on the Blu-ray disc.

We went hands-on with both versions of the game yesterday, and in terms of visuals, the Xbox 360 version certainly took the edge over the PS3 version.
    http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=165505

10 major bugs that have been fixed - Source: http://www.enterbf3.com/

1. Battlefield 3 Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.
    Squad management systems will be introduced to help players control what squad they're in along with other features: creating squads prior to launching Battlefield 3, squad member retainment (staying in the same squad when continuing into other matches, locking squads, inviting squad members, kicking squad members, and muting the annoying ones.

2. Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems.
    DICE is focusing their efforts towards the final release of the game, we can all agree that this is a better idea. "While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game."

3. Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release?
    A lot of issues will be fixed, for a detailed explanation look here.

4. Can we have ability to change settings/options before deployment into match on PC?
    The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

5. Issues with terrain stability and "falling into the map" on Operation Metro
    This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update.

6. Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map
    This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

7. A bug that sometimes keeps some players from being able to sprint

8. Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360)

9. Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not
    The DICE team has been looking into this issue - which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game. It could be this glitch or that the Battlefield 3 player is simply mistaken.

10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
    The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Battlefield 3 Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you've provided and is further optimizing online play for BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    Nice rate lol

holy crap how'd get such a horrible w/l ratio lol

i wanted to show my stats, but you can't view the site anymore.

are your beta stats going to continue in the full game, or am i going to have to start over?

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    holy crap how'd get such a horrible w/l ratio lol

i wanted to show my stats, but you can't view the site anymore.

are your beta stats going to continue in the full game, or am i going to have to start over?
    You start over thank god. Also I really hope DICE/EA removes the K/D ratio.. I don't want this to become another CoD where every kid is arguing that they're better because of higher K/D.

Playing for K/D = CoD
    Playing the objective = BF

Much rather have 2 kills - 20 death but win the objective and win the round, instead of loosing but having high K/D.

yo just wanted to say three things:

1. I will be buying BF3 this weekend and am going to be shooting you all in the face very soon.
    2. my GT is Beat Chemist
    3. Anyone want to throw me a few S3 clips for a video? Clean out your reel!!
    4. I may be quite high right now.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    yo just wanted to say three things:

1. I will be buying BF3 this weekend and am going to be shooting you all in the face very soon.
    2. my GT is Beat Chemist
    This weekend? BF3 release date is the 25th in north america, and 27th in europe ^^

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    2. my GT is Beat Chemist
    1. No you wont
    2. I know
    3. Yes I do
    4. Luuuuuucky. (stupid job)
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter