Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Fluckit Master

Well, I 'bought' the game like 2 weeks ago.

Pre-order, but, having in mind I've prepaid 100% of it, I think it could be considered bought.

edit: BF3 will reach the shop like nov 3rd.. hah.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    edit: BF3 will reach the shop like nov 3rd.. hah.
    err.. no? It will hit stores the 25th and 27th of october :P

You thinking of MW3 or something?

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    err.. no? It will hit stores the 25th and 27th of october :P

You thinking of MW3 or something?
    My bad. I was talking about my shop, the one I've prebought the game for. BF3 will hit my country nov 1st tho hah.

Fluckit Master

Really? thats kinda weird it's coming to south america in nov when the release date for the rest of the world is in oct.

Fluckit Master

Really? thats kinda weird it's coming to south america in nov when the release date for the rest of the world is in oct.
    Welcome to South America, a place where distributors couldn't care less about retailers and their customers.
    Atleast the console FPS community down here is big and good enough for me to create a new, local PSN account.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    Welcome to South America, a place where distributors couldn't care less about retailers and their customers.
    Atleast the console FPS community down here is big and good enough for me to create a new, local PSN account.
    Oh.. did not know that.

This weekend? BF3 release date is the 25th in north america, and 27th in europe ^^
    haahaha yep obviously I WAS quite high.. thought the release was this week..
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

You Will Want To Install Battlefield 3's "Optional" HD Texture Pack

Clarification: The optional HD textures are included on a second disk. The original story did not state this and we had some questions in the comments section regarding this.

Battlefield 3 is less than one week away and we still don't have solid details on the optional "high resolution texture pack" that was unveiled just a few short weeks ago. During a Battlefield 3 event in London executive producer. Patrick Bach, spoke about the texture pack.

The texture pack is the same technology used on the Playstation 3 and PC versions of the game. At its core the engine makes use of streaming textures. The reason for the optional installation should be obvious: even though all current Xbox 360 models ship with a hard drive developers must continue to design their games for the outdated core model from 2005.

So what will the difference be between these two texture packs? According to Bach without the texture pack you will be playing a "standard definition" version of Battlefield 3. That is quite the difference, let's hope they mention the optional install on the front or back of the game's case. If not, we're pretty sure a lot of people will be complaining about the visual quality of Battlefield 3 on the Xbox 360 without even knowing there is an option to install additional textures.

"The thing with the 360 is that you need to be able to give consumers a game where you don't have to install it on a hard drive, because there are 360s without a hard drive. So we need to give you the option of installing it, rather than just demanding it. You could call it a 'standard-def' version for the 360 if you don't have a hard-drive."

oh yea..
    Last edited by DaaGooN; 10-21-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Fluckit Master

Did anyone see the Battlefield 3 SP trailer?? It's fucking EPIC AS FUCK lol.

Mmmh just done preloading the game MOFOS! xD

Fluckit Master

Yeah mine is at 55% atm going 10 mbits. Pretty slow since I have 100 mbit download and 10 mbit upload.. Doesn't matter though since I can't play until the 26th anyway.

Yeah mine is at 55% atm going 10 mbits. Pretty slow since I have 100 mbit download and 10 mbit upload.. Doesn't matter though since I can't play until the 26th anyway.
    on what do you intent to attempt to take over the battlefield world? (console wise)

Fluckit Master

Doubt I'll play that much on console.. Will probably play the most on pc since I bought this pc just because of BF3.

Yea dude. I bought mine for, well i was playing competitive cod4 for a while, but mainly because of BF3. And that's were i do 90% of my gaming now.

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    Yea dude. I bought mine for, well i was playing competitive cod4 for a while, but mainly because of BF3. And that's were i do 90% of my gaming now.
    gimme your origin man

Fluckit Master

Btw. Origin/xbox Seanne1986 if you wanna do some bf3 stuff later on.

Quote Originally Posted by maqqot View Post
    gimme your origin man
    madsser3200

man long time ago. xD

added both of you

also BF3 buyers get access to Mass Effect 3 MP Beta
    Last edited by maqqot; 10-21-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: not only LE

o: o: o:!!!
    How do you know that!?!! o:

Early Access to Mass Effect 3 Co-op Demo!:

The Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo in January 2012 will have both Single player and multiplayer sections, giving fans a taste of what’s to come on 3/6/12.

Be first to the front lines in the multiplayer section of the Mass Effect 3 demo! Redemption of the Online Pass for Battlefield 3 will unlock this early access. But rallying for war is just getting started – in late November / early December BioWare will announce other ways for fans to engage the enemy with their friends from day one!

http://masseffect.bioware.com/
    Down there

EDIT: Actually just Early access to the MP Demo...
    Last edited by maqqot; 10-21-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Fluckit Master

FINALLY you can change your Origin name.
    http://www.origin.com/us/change-id

Worked for me and I finally have one of my old nicks which is The_Toez

Fluckit Master

madsser. did you get your Physical warfare pack and back to karkand redeem code in your mail? I sure didn't.. or will we get that once the game is released?

madsser. did you get your Physical warfare pack and back to karkand redeem code in your mail? I sure didn't.. or will we get that once the game is released?
    Back to Karkand should be in the actual box,I think.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by maqqot View Post
    Back to Karkand should be in the actual box,I think.
    This makes me a bit confused lol.. Since I preordered from Origin, I downloaded BF3 which was around 11gb. And I'm pretty sure I preordered the retail version. not the digital one. So even if I downloaded the game, got charged, I will still get the box on release date? I R confused.

This makes me a bit confused lol.. Since I preordered from Origin, I downloaded BF3 which was around 11gb. And I'm pretty sure I preordered the retail version. not the digital one. So even if I downloaded the game, got charged, I will still get the box on release date? I R confused.

haha no,didn't know you pre-ordered from origin man
    I guess you should get an e-mail soon then (or maybe when the DLC is released).

rando guessing ftw

Edit: Retails from Origin? whaaaaaaaat?

Fluckit Master

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3 - preorder - pc (not pc download) - pre order now on origin

Hence the confusion

If I click on that I go to a site with all the bonuses
    I click on preorder
    theres something like "delivery-method" and only thing i can choose is "digital"

I r not no meng :/

Fluckit Master

Guess I got the digital copy then.. but that doesn't matter. Question is.. where are my dlc codes lol? Might get an email when the game is out I reckon. Else I'll go bonkers and spam mail EA lol

WOW!
    FREE RUSHIIE
    ( C.A.P has Fixed Creativity ) Teams| PANDORA/MORPHINE NATION /LABEL/DHARMA|

Dont remember seeing so much hype for previous battlefield titles honestly I couldve done without the beta guess I expected more but look how the dead island game ended up looks were decieving and can be related to skate games dont get to excited I see myself renting this one

Fluckit Master

Very interesting watch. Make some popcorn and enjoy this 45 min video.

Steam
    Monkadelic

as much as id like to play this on PC my laptop only has 256 mb video card and i got like 15 fps on mw1 on the lowest settings; ill have to resort to console for this one no doubt- even tho i have been a tried and true PC FPS player most my life, but i cant let this game away from my sights!

Saw this on YT made me LOL:

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Don't be afraid of console, hd texture pack blows anything you saw in the beta, or any other fps for that matter, our of the water.

Last night servers went down and everyone in the party went to play SP...

"Holy shit"
    "Wow."
    "Fucking amazing"

Was all you heard. Shit looks so good
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Banned

campers?

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Don't be afraid of console, hd texture pack blows anything you saw in the beta, or any other fps for that matter, our of the water.

Last night servers went down and everyone in the party went to play SP...

"Holy shit"
    "Wow."
    "Fucking amazing"

Was all you heard. Shit looks so good
    ..Aside from the pop-up and buggy spawning of enemies and their glitchy animations.
    Its kind of boring at times; lots of context sensitive button promts and whatnot.. The campaign is more a display of "look at what we can do with particle effects and lighting" than it is a compelling story or series of memorable moments.
    Minor gripes about the singleplayer are no big deal considering how good the multiplayer portion is--thats where the real bread and butter is at.
    Last edited by heshfield; 10-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.

OK!
    Just got done playing through the 6½ hour campaign, and right now. I feel kind of disappointed. I was really expecting more.
    GUNNA TRY TO KEEP IT SPOILER FREE
    OK!
    If you've played MoH, BFBC1/2, you know that DICE are very good at making very good looking games. You probably also know that, DICE aren't that good at making amazing singleplayer campaings. (Sorry if anyone liked any of those games, I personally hated them)
    I will say though, to DICE, bravo. I liked the way it was setup. No spoilers here so I'll just leave it at that.
    And i will say, it was fun running through houses killing arabs, iraqi's whatever.
    And the game looked beautiful all the way through. I mean, the lighting. No one's like DICE when it comes to lighting. Their Frostbite 2 engine is head and shoulders beyond anything I've seen in a LONG time. I'd say it looks better than Crysis2.

Back to the campaign.
    It just lacks entertainment. It lacks fun(not saying it wasn't fun, just, I was expecting more). Can't really put my finger on it though.
    It just felt like every other FPS shooter I've ever played. Don't know why I thought it was going to be different?

But I'll stick with my first impression of the game and leave you with that. I've yet to dig into the Co-Op and multiplayer fun, which were, of course why i got the game.

The campaign's great, but not different from any other war shooter out there. It has an OK story, with some amazing voice acting in there. It's beautiful, and the way they present it was great.

It's a 7.5/10 from me. I guess my expectations were too high. :/

Dice and the Battlefield franchise in general, aren't known for their multiplayer prowess. If you're buying a shooter for the SP campaign, BF is NOT your best choice. That being said, I'm enjoying this more than i have the COD SP campaigns, maybe cuz i DON'T know what's going on.

It's better than most SP campaigns (I'm looking at you, Black Ops), but nothing special, but i don't think any of us expected it to be. I look at SP in BF like i do any other FPS game; its just a good way to learn weapons, game mechanics, vehicles, and (to some extent) controls to better your online play.

Battlefield WILL offer the best MP experience you've ever had on a FPS. I can tell you that from the few games i played.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

grabbing this tomorrow... hope to catch you guys online!

I am stoked.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

add this guy, we'll try to get you in. We had 2 parties and like 3 squads running conquest tonight. Servers seem to be working much better today.

Best game to date. Embers, Gym, Ryno, Kaioshun, gsun, and blackhawk on one team, me on the other. in a squad by myself, playing the ninja, poppin' in and out of trees, cappin niggas (and jackin' blackhawks chain), and cappin' flags by myself. Talking shit in the party the whole time.

most fun i've had playing bf in a solo squad ever. Game Rules
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter