Thread: Battlefield 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    This weekend? BF3 release date is the 25th in north america, and 27th in europe ^^
    haahaha yep obviously I WAS quite high.. thought the release was this week..
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

You Will Want To Install Battlefield 3's "Optional" HD Texture Pack

Clarification: The optional HD textures are included on a second disk. The original story did not state this and we had some questions in the comments section regarding this.

Battlefield 3 is less than one week away and we still don't have solid details on the optional "high resolution texture pack" that was unveiled just a few short weeks ago. During a Battlefield 3 event in London executive producer. Patrick Bach, spoke about the texture pack.

The texture pack is the same technology used on the Playstation 3 and PC versions of the game. At its core the engine makes use of streaming textures. The reason for the optional installation should be obvious: even though all current Xbox 360 models ship with a hard drive developers must continue to design their games for the outdated core model from 2005.

So what will the difference be between these two texture packs? According to Bach without the texture pack you will be playing a "standard definition" version of Battlefield 3. That is quite the difference, let's hope they mention the optional install on the front or back of the game's case. If not, we're pretty sure a lot of people will be complaining about the visual quality of Battlefield 3 on the Xbox 360 without even knowing there is an option to install additional textures.

"The thing with the 360 is that you need to be able to give consumers a game where you don't have to install it on a hard drive, because there are 360s without a hard drive. So we need to give you the option of installing it, rather than just demanding it. You could call it a 'standard-def' version for the 360 if you don't have a hard-drive."

oh yea..
    Last edited by DaaGooN; 10-21-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Fluckit Master

Did anyone see the Battlefield 3 SP trailer?? It's fucking EPIC AS FUCK lol.

Mmmh just done preloading the game MOFOS! xD

Fluckit Master

Yeah mine is at 55% atm going 10 mbits. Pretty slow since I have 100 mbit download and 10 mbit upload.. Doesn't matter though since I can't play until the 26th anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Yeah mine is at 55% atm going 10 mbits. Pretty slow since I have 100 mbit download and 10 mbit upload.. Doesn't matter though since I can't play until the 26th anyway.
    on what do you intent to attempt to take over the battlefield world? (console wise)

Fluckit Master

Doubt I'll play that much on console.. Will probably play the most on pc since I bought this pc just because of BF3.