Thread: Battlefield 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK!
    Just got done playing through the 6½ hour campaign, and right now. I feel kind of disappointed. I was really expecting more.
    GUNNA TRY TO KEEP IT SPOILER FREE
    OK!
    If you've played MoH, BFBC1/2, you know that DICE are very good at making very good looking games. You probably also know that, DICE aren't that good at making amazing singleplayer campaings. (Sorry if anyone liked any of those games, I personally hated them)
    I will say though, to DICE, bravo. I liked the way it was setup. No spoilers here so I'll just leave it at that.
    And i will say, it was fun running through houses killing arabs, iraqi's whatever.
    And the game looked beautiful all the way through. I mean, the lighting. No one's like DICE when it comes to lighting. Their Frostbite 2 engine is head and shoulders beyond anything I've seen in a LONG time. I'd say it looks better than Crysis2.

Back to the campaign.
    It just lacks entertainment. It lacks fun(not saying it wasn't fun, just, I was expecting more). Can't really put my finger on it though.
    It just felt like every other FPS shooter I've ever played. Don't know why I thought it was going to be different?

But I'll stick with my first impression of the game and leave you with that. I've yet to dig into the Co-Op and multiplayer fun, which were, of course why i got the game.

The campaign's great, but not different from any other war shooter out there. It has an OK story, with some amazing voice acting in there. It's beautiful, and the way they present it was great.

It's a 7.5/10 from me. I guess my expectations were too high. :/

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Dice and the Battlefield franchise in general, aren't known for their multiplayer prowess. If you're buying a shooter for the SP campaign, BF is NOT your best choice. That being said, I'm enjoying this more than i have the COD SP campaigns, maybe cuz i DON'T know what's going on.

It's better than most SP campaigns (I'm looking at you, Black Ops), but nothing special, but i don't think any of us expected it to be. I look at SP in BF like i do any other FPS game; its just a good way to learn weapons, game mechanics, vehicles, and (to some extent) controls to better your online play.

Battlefield WILL offer the best MP experience you've ever had on a FPS. I can tell you that from the few games i played.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

grabbing this tomorrow... hope to catch you guys online!

I am stoked.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

add this guy, we'll try to get you in. We had 2 parties and like 3 squads running conquest tonight. Servers seem to be working much better today.

Best game to date. Embers, Gym, Ryno, Kaioshun, gsun, and blackhawk on one team, me on the other. in a squad by myself, playing the ninja, poppin' in and out of trees, cappin niggas (and jackin' blackhawks chain), and cappin' flags by myself. Talking shit in the party the whole time.

most fun i've had playing bf in a solo squad ever. Game Rules
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Fluckit Master

The_Toez Origin, Seanne1986 xbox fellas..

Gotta say I find the MP quite entertaining.. But my god some maps are lazy and lame as fuck! Metro CQ is the worst CQ map I have ever seen in my bf life... It's smaller (YES SMALLER!) than Metro on Rush, 3 flags.. get the second flag first and you win.. Then it's just a camp fest with absolutely no flanking routes what so ever lol..
    Siene Crossing feels like a MoH map, and Damavand Peak's 2 middle flags is a camp fest because they are in the mountain where it's narrow, because there are narrow corridors, you tend to get stuck with other team players, and then get blown away by an enemy engineer getting a 5 kill rocket.

The rest of the maps are enjoyable so far.. but if they have fucked up back to karkand maps.. then I will be pissed off, because them maps where my favourite maps in BF2.

Edit: fixed typos.. was clearly super tired when wrighting this
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 10-27-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    [...]
    If you've played MoH [...] you know that DICE are very good at making very good looking games. You probably also know that, DICE aren't that good at making amazing singleplayer campaings.[...]
    Danger Close was responsible for the SP
    DICE for the MP

just sayin'

I liked the battlefield campaigns Can't say I know who made them all but I dig

Fluckit Master

Just finished the campaign. It was pretty all right actually. Really liked them missions playing as the russian. They're some hardcore motherfuckers lol.

Be careful on 360.. played on an EA official server for a couple hours the other night. Signed in yesterday and my savegame was corrupt. lost about 3 hours of campaignage (and all motivation to play it now). According to bf3 forums, its somehow linked to EA servers.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    radicalwhistle
    XBL
    okwiider

I NEED THIS GAME!!
    Being broke sucks...

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Be careful on 360.. played on an EA official server for a couple hours the other night. Signed in yesterday and my savegame was corrupt. lost about 3 hours of campaignage (and all motivation to play it now). According to bf3 forums, its somehow linked to EA servers.
    Happened to my mate as well on pc.. not to me though for some reason.

But give the capaign a go, You'll finish it in around 4-6 hours on normal difficulty. I thought it was a really good intensive story.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

hesh needs to start playing with us
    faggot

roc and magic are literally the ONLY people to say positive things about the solo campaign
    killyoselves

OH
    and my biggest complaint about this game is that my face is one big eyeball and I have the dirtiest contact lens of ALL FUCKING TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Yup just had this happen to me, I thought I had lost all my MP progress. I always hit B, if you make a new game does your MP progress reset?

Oh also, I would love to play with you guys, GT: Menno93

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't even think you fluckers play BF3!! I never see you on!!

lol
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "