Thread: Battlefield 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dont remember seeing so much hype for previous battlefield titles honestly I couldve done without the beta guess I expected more but look how the dead island game ended up looks were decieving and can be related to skate games dont get to excited I see myself renting this one

Fluckit Master

Very interesting watch. Make some popcorn and enjoy this 45 min video.

Steam
    Monkadelic

as much as id like to play this on PC my laptop only has 256 mb video card and i got like 15 fps on mw1 on the lowest settings; ill have to resort to console for this one no doubt- even tho i have been a tried and true PC FPS player most my life, but i cant let this game away from my sights!

Saw this on YT made me LOL:

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Don't be afraid of console, hd texture pack blows anything you saw in the beta, or any other fps for that matter, our of the water.

Last night servers went down and everyone in the party went to play SP...

"Holy shit"
    "Wow."
    "Fucking amazing"

Was all you heard. Shit looks so good
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Banned

campers?

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Don't be afraid of console, hd texture pack blows anything you saw in the beta, or any other fps for that matter, our of the water.

Last night servers went down and everyone in the party went to play SP...

"Holy shit"
    "Wow."
    "Fucking amazing"

Was all you heard. Shit looks so good
    ..Aside from the pop-up and buggy spawning of enemies and their glitchy animations.
    Its kind of boring at times; lots of context sensitive button promts and whatnot.. The campaign is more a display of "look at what we can do with particle effects and lighting" than it is a compelling story or series of memorable moments.
    Minor gripes about the singleplayer are no big deal considering how good the multiplayer portion is--thats where the real bread and butter is at.
    Last edited by heshfield; 10-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.

OK!
    Just got done playing through the 6½ hour campaign, and right now. I feel kind of disappointed. I was really expecting more.
    GUNNA TRY TO KEEP IT SPOILER FREE
    OK!
    If you've played MoH, BFBC1/2, you know that DICE are very good at making very good looking games. You probably also know that, DICE aren't that good at making amazing singleplayer campaings. (Sorry if anyone liked any of those games, I personally hated them)
    I will say though, to DICE, bravo. I liked the way it was setup. No spoilers here so I'll just leave it at that.
    And i will say, it was fun running through houses killing arabs, iraqi's whatever.
    And the game looked beautiful all the way through. I mean, the lighting. No one's like DICE when it comes to lighting. Their Frostbite 2 engine is head and shoulders beyond anything I've seen in a LONG time. I'd say it looks better than Crysis2.

Back to the campaign.
    It just lacks entertainment. It lacks fun(not saying it wasn't fun, just, I was expecting more). Can't really put my finger on it though.
    It just felt like every other FPS shooter I've ever played. Don't know why I thought it was going to be different?

But I'll stick with my first impression of the game and leave you with that. I've yet to dig into the Co-Op and multiplayer fun, which were, of course why i got the game.

The campaign's great, but not different from any other war shooter out there. It has an OK story, with some amazing voice acting in there. It's beautiful, and the way they present it was great.

It's a 7.5/10 from me. I guess my expectations were too high. :/