So I decided to pick up a used copy of this game for 12 bucks at game stop, I already knew what to expect being a thps player up until Project 8...I expected to be pressing the fuck out of the break button to reduce speed and have very minimal realistic spots to skate mixed in with endless arcade lines, well in Proving ground its not really like that, in fact its almost like a different skating game out side the thps realm...

Why is THPG so good and imo better then Thrasher S&D but still not as good as EA Skate? First off there is a "Sim mode" that reduces trick height and reduces skater speed when rolling and even the grinding is at a realistic speed now! This is a huge improvement and works well.. Next is the large city that is very realistic this time, better then Port Carverton imo.. Im not going to record my tv but heres a decent vid that shows some spots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V12nd...eature=related... The vids on youtube dont do the city justice because the the players playing are avoiding the spots and flying by everything doing arcade stuff.

Another thing thats really cool is that when you can turn off the grind/manual balance meter and balance by looking at the skaters position, this is a joy to do unlike in Ea skate were there is no balance system..

The game still isnt as good as EA skate but if you're looking for something new then pick this up.. If you're a kid that didnt grow up playing skating games other then Ea skate or are a animation snob then you you might not like thpg