Thread: Tony Hawks Proving Ground!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

looking at a lot of the vid comments n I noticed a lot of ppl r not aware of this sim mode(??)

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Finally tried this. It does feel very different. But i think they decreased everything way too much. I'm pretty sure flat tre's are impossible. Trying to flip up anything larger than a curb is near impossible. The speed is like constant slo-mo. I did like the challenge of getting the speed and angle etc to bs flip the Love Fountain gap. And with no green and red the balance is a nice challenge to judge by the body.

I think if they could tweak this so it's near perfect. Add some more features (longer hold X bigger pop etc.) or maybe even a new control setting. And with the motion cap animations, non cartoony looking, rl spots, stick a video editor in their and I will for sure buy that. And probaby never need another game.

Blazing a Trail

thpg is definitely not perfect but like I said before you need to switch between sim and reg mode to make up for the problems sim mode has...It only takes a few seconds to switch to sim in the in game options tho, so no biggie...And dont forget to turn the speed up to 10 while in sim mod...Also when rolling in sim mode you need to press R1(ps3) to push for more speed..

So like if you want to do a flip trick into a grind then switch to reg and turn the speed down so when you grind its not to fast.
    Last edited by EternalRewind; 10-05-2011 at 02:21 PM.

I can't find a realistic mode in P8

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Just bought it on Ebay. Looking forward to giving it a try. I played the demo a bit when it came out, i saw the sim mode, but couldnt use it in the demo. Could be fun, if for nothing else just balancing grinds and manuals. I loved how in THP8 you could just turn off the balance metre and balance manuals just by looking at how your skater was leaning.

Blazing a Trail

good to hear pawn...Maybe you can make a video with your cap card...Also the online still works so maybe we can skate the city and you can record some of my tricks then we can make a thpg collbo video if you're down

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    good to hear pawn...Maybe you can make a video with your cap card...Also the online still works so maybe we can skate the city and you can record some of my tricks then we can make a thpg collbo video if you're down
    Yeah, I'll let you know when it comes in, should be another week or two. We'll see how it goes, I lost interest very earlier on when i was making a Thrasher vid. Either way, should be fun for at least a little while.