Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Hawks Proving Ground!

Man I tried proving ground and failed incredibly at it I liked project 8 gameplay and undergrounds story

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I really dont like the pushing. I like the idea of the aggro kick or whatever its called, but it works better while you hold X, but holding X gives you random pushing animations now and then

Blazing a Trail

I like doing Primo and Casper slides!

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Just reviving this thread a bit, was anyone down for that video?

I fancy a short a little break from PC and San Van before I go on the mother of all editing missions soon.
    if you have a cap card......

I am going to see if pawn can film a few clips of me online but I dont think it will work cuz everyone I see online lags.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    if you have a cap card......

I am going to see if pawn can film a few clips of me online but I dont think it will work cuz everyone I see online lags.

Yes sir I do. I was filming some clips last night, going to go in a record them

As pawn said the push is awful, however I found that if I gave myself enough room before the spot i wanna hit it was pretty smooth, plus Sim Mode with 8 speed was perfect. Then for a slightly bigger gap sim mode off and speed at 4 did the trick.

the camera system/editor is a bit shitty to be honest. There are some good ideas but a lack of a free cam is a annoying. I like the idea of the user filmed line where you control the camera in real time it a bit janky though. for lines I'm triying to keep it simple becase like skate 2, follow cam had a tendancy to drift into objects and change it distance from the skater. I've had more success on single trick spots using Static cam and tripod. Tilt is kinda cool though, and loving doing Impossibles! lol.

I have like 8 clips already. I'll keep getting more. If anyone is going to send clips remember to remove the music from clip in the editor. this part is a pain tbh. You need to set the music start time to the end of the video bar and then move the clips to like 5 seconds in, otherwise you get this weird noise at the start of the clips. but atelast it shows the clips with outh music and just SFX.

I can add fisheyes and what not if need btw as the one in game is a little funky tbh.

i wanna see this fabled sim mode in action, betchez!

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Diggin this back up.

Played this for the first time in a long while today. It angers me that the video editor sucks balls. If they tweaked the game in a few places, and incorporated the Skate style video editor, then the videos that could be produced from this game would be phenomenal.

The animations all look quite good, sim mode increases the game for me (except it's almost impossible to flat ground tre) and if you didn't suddenly jolt when you ollied, the game would be fucking awesome.

I never appreciated this game when I got it as I was unaware of the sim mode. Now seeing the potential it has/had sucks.

FUCKYOUTONYHAWK.