Thread: Your First EA skate. Homies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I played OG all alone, but early S2 I started getting involved with the community, met Mksp and Riggs who got me on Compound. After Compound went south I started hanging out with my boys Prof Blahson and Llamasrock, and 2 years later, we're all still here.

Biggest inspirations of S2:
    Innout
    Simson
    Kanen
    Machyy
    Southcity
    Habitat
    This vid in particular

Then Perm happened....
    <3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I've been around ever since the release of OG lol played the shit out of that game alone. Then at some point I discovered EASkateTV, saw all their OG videos, and by the time S2 was out, or at least the demo, that's when I got into making videos. I never really played online, not until I got onto Origami with Alex, Loisphere and all the other cool french dudes, but that was on skate 3. I played online from time to time on s2, but mainly with randoms, or IRL friends.

I can say my biggest inspirations were probably innout, giantkanen, simson, kountPHERLOCKula, jankie, slamooh, virtualparadise, jerrel, etc. Mainly BKS and Animal Machine got me into making videos, along with others who really knew how to make sick stuff with the game. I miss seeing those dudes in particular though, always got stoked to see new shit from them.

I'm really stoked that I'm more active within the community, gave me the opportunity to meet so many cool dudes online. Recently, I've been having a blast online with riverking, whatbra, deacon, erectapotamus (rushiie?), evoker, push and all of origami. Lots of good times online, staying up until 5am just to laugh my ass off, making videos and what not.
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 10-24-2011 at 11:23 PM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

S3 action (but been playing since OG demo).......... once i started playing that demo and saw some demo vids it was fucking on, i was shocked.....
    my first Buddy was McB (made him the Spy vs Spy deck) BUT

Roke/Vibez was my main man, chillest dude around town (always giving me love)..... then i started Arivr, and added Reserrved (fuck yes)

I "looked" up to:
    Manalo

Ive sessed mostly with:
    Pairs
    and no body else

Ps. yo know LaterLate is the chillest 12 year old EVER!
    Last edited by emericaridr11; 10-25-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Started with the OG demo. Actually lurked the forums early OG but got intimidated by the fact that everybody had Hoodlum signatures I had no idea what Hoodlum was.
    Found out about videos from a Midnight/Stevland video and consequently DP, OATS, Trewder, Reign, SSS etc. I never got around to finishing any of my own videos.
    Joined the 'community' for real when s2 was about to come out. Then I made some videos whilst staying polite as ever, eventually got some useful feedback.
    Hung out with my old team, with BeastySteez, Smurfed Yah, Nosebonk, Flying Seel and others. Never been online much either way.

Looked up to all the cool dudes: Pawn, the Germans, AM, 54 and then Psychonaut when they came along, since they introduced a whole new dirty attitude. What an impact! Before Naut every video was basically 'indie music' and steezy landings (except for Demz, because he's a genious).

I never really felt comfortable nerding out to the very degree of going online and hang out with people from across the globe; thus, I never been online much. Eventually I crossed paths with Perm and consequently inevitable doom.
    Oh and I may as well appologize to all the people I might have neglected on Xbl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

the guys responsible for ruining my life is mainly the og dp dudes.. stevland, tno, midnight and shamas..

i thought stevland was the coolest dude, and he still is one of my best friends i never met.
    tno always left me starstruck.. which is weird this being a videogame.. but yea, his skills and hunger for discovery was something to behold and follow in the early days and still is when i come to think about it.
    midnight was the best gameplayer, ill never get to the control he had one month into the game.
    and shamas was the one that made this fakeskating appeal to the real skater in me. hes approach, tricks and style was fresh, on point and something i wanted to emulate. shamas has been my biggest fire. miss him, even tho hes a dick. lol.

then i started getting inspired by guys like demzilla, reaperwrecker (reap n sow) and a lots of other dudes. theres so many. im thankful, lots of new friendships all over the globe.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

i played skate since the og demo and every demo/game after that. being a skater myself gave me so much inspiration to keep playing this game and the opportunity to make "fakeskatevideos" was giving it a complete new way to play a game. i started to search for montages on youtube and i think the first stuff i saw was "strictly something" by tno and stevland which blew my mind. i searched for more information on how to make such videos and found some forums that kept distracting me from work a lot, like skateCC, fluckit and skatethis. i started playing the game with stevland, tno, midnight, shamas which were a great inspiration. on skatethis i first got in touch with "teams" i loved dp ever since, but never got on till s2. on skatethis i got to a bunch of chill dudes and joined std had a blast with people like mark murderous, the one and only bene and of course momadaddy. inspiration was everywhere that time, eflix blew my mind with every video and the whole pyschonaut, 1954 and whatnot a lot of cool dudes with an incredible sense of style. skate has and will always be my favorite game of all times. there is no other game where i met so much chill and nice people!
    thanks for a good time to the following in no order:
    stevland
    tno (sylvester montage shane o neill battle commander remake <3)
    midnight
    gizzler
    flix
    slamooh
    shamas
    rest of dp
    momadaddy
    bene
    rest of ex-stc
    the whole ex-std team especially kuro
    and so many others
    Last edited by fallingskyline; 10-25-2011 at 04:45 AM.
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Fluckit Master

I'm one of them people you like to call a newcomer.

I started playing OG at my friends ps3 every now and then when I was around, same with S2.
    But my first own skate game, was S2, and I bought it about 2-4 month's before the release of S3. I actually bought my xbox the same day. Before that, I played games on my PC.
    So during my first couple of month's I didn't even bother to look for a skate community to hang around with. I just kept on doing videos since I've always enjoyed making videos (Edited a few CS 1.5 videos back in the days).

The guy I looked up to the most during that time was EaSkateVideo which made me get into making skate videos. Also did 2 colabs with him which was pretty sweet. These days I look up to most people that put out interesting videos and is generally just a nice bloke, but mainly Roke, E and Kush, great chaps! (they paid me to say that)
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 10-25-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Never had any homies.

This should be stickied. It's a good read.

Long time no see fellas. Jeez, this all brings back so many memories, mostly good, some awkward. I got Skate 1 when it first came out, which was my whole reason for buying an Xbox 360. I think this was back in 2007. Shortly after playing I found out about one of the first forums, forget what it was called now, but War ran it if I remember correctly. Met Sethbates on there and he put me on his team Massacre. I did some stuff for that team, then I had a few things in the first Banks2Ledges video by Monkeymedia.

After that, I ended up on Frequency with Monkey, Bene, Satori, Momadaddy (Evan), Nub, and the others (sorry if I forgot you <3). During that time Bene, Satori and myself pretty much talked shit in parties non-stop. We had a good time.

I think somewhere between Frequency and Catface I started my own team, From Hell, which was okay, but never accomplished much. I wasn't good at being a team leader.

Later on I got a PS3 and ended up on Catface with FDH3rd, Need, Jerrel, DVC, Rhek, and others (again, sorry if I forgot you <3). I played and filmed with them from mid-to-late Skate 2, through a good part of Skate 3.

Went back to the 360, bought Skate 3 for that shortly after, and really never filmed anything since. My last footage was Catface stuff, just search for "Corpsey" on YT, you'll find it. I gotta say, those 3 or so years were probably the most fun I've ever had on a video game. Not just the game itself, but all the different people I've met, became friends with, and talked shit about (I know, it's bad, but at the time it was fucking hysterical).

The people who had the biggest impact on me, who helped me out, and who I remember in a positive way, in no particular order:
    Bene, Satori, fallingskyline, Needmoretime, FDH3rd, Momadaddy, Monkeymedia, Shady4Chi, Nolan, Rhek, DVC, Zodas, Monk, skhate, nubmarine, Bert... that's all I can think of right now. If there's anyone I missed, know that it wasn't on purpose. You guys rule.