Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your First EA skate. Homies

Stopped Pushing Mongo aaronberlin's Avatar

I got skate. days after release. Played the ever loving shit out of it, and have bought 2 and 3 on the days of release.
    I'm a hardcore lurker, never really been into posting / vid making / any of that sort've thing.

Always loved 1954 / Doppleganger.
    In n out was always one of my huge loves.
    Pawn / all of OATS have kept me going through the series.
    OG kids table stuff (islandvibes21.. supafly..buttplugg..derek goodspeed)

I was on this shit way ahead of time. I remember hooking up an account almost a month ahead of time and the forums were wild as fuck back in the day. When the demo dropped you could post a 4 second clip on youtube and get 30,000 views in a few hours. At first, I didn't know anybody. I played with randoms for awhile until I could land a clean trick and throw in a treflip on the rollaway and then I made my first video. I've always, always tried to live somewhere between simulated reality and actual in-game difficulty. I was teamless for all of S1. S2 started and I formed a small team with deadredeyes: R.I.P. 202. Then Stevland, who is one of the best people I've ever met, invited onto DP. I think I had an early chance at Psychonaut, but the past is the past.

Early influences: Midnight for sure. He's as technically gifted as Southie . . .seriously. SignGuy has always had one of the most distinctive styles. Demz had something special from the start. Skhate88 was a major influence for S2. Horsehead has some of the best spots and filming in the game. Knex has been a long time love affair. Little surprise here, Eflixx has influenced my filming style more than anyone else. Eflixx is the unqualified best filmer of all time. Bullet changed the game during S2, for everyone. I remember being in a party with Demz and Magic and a few other dudes and Demz was like, "What the fuck, have you seen Bullet?" the rest is history.

Special Mention: Clayfighter who is the sweetest, funniest dude and seriously has an amazing eye for finding gaps.

Rip Ol' Rusty, HandyGap, and The Darkness. Those three gaps have had some of the gnarliest online sessions that I can remember and some of my best online moments with members of DP, 54, Psychonaut, AM, Threat, the Locs. I remember Anchors saying, "what if we tried to land a trick between the lamp post and the parking meter?" 2 hours later I landed a bs heelflip and it was fucking on like donkey kong.
    Last edited by Jack; 11-17-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

i like this thread alot and i like the people in it. ive been around for a very very long time, back when this place was a twinkle in a hobo eye and have to say most of the people who inspired me still do. like everyone demz has played a big part in my skate experience, i didnt understand his videos until talking to him and it opened my mind to the world of animations. i feel like i was cruising and demz showed me kickflips. magic is another big influence as he essentially seems to be my mirror half and this partnership that has started hoodlum, and that has also kicked off the e-Careers of many.

sss and dp where also quite an influence in that they represent an idea that i feel the best teams on here adapt to, they have become a fixture in this culture. this is really hard to right down in full cause i have so much to say but ill basically break it down to a sentence and a name
    Jack: you are great and funny and im glad i know you

Robley: i have a great deal of respect for you and hope to one day own a condo with you, and all woman condo in which dress up as ugly ladies and pretend to be our male cousins.

Mack: youre black and that is good enough for me

Bullet: youre one of the best people hands down. period blood.

Skatehead: only person who can make the gonz style work, and youre my friend

heshfield: holy shit you are my hero style and graphic work you are a man!

Permy: youre gay and youre dad hate the internet i love you!

um too many people to name damn it skate for introducing me to too many nice people all the others dont feel slighted i love you all in the gayest way possible. and thank you to the people i have touched along the way, without you not pressing charges i would be locked away.
    HEY OM YEAH HOODLUM[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i bought s1 the day it came out... i didn't even own an xbox at the time i just knew i wanted the game.
    had to skate to the other side of town everyday to play it at a friends house, he got really pissed off at me just going round to use his xbox then pissing off home.
    i managed to save up just enough money to buy an xbox just before xmas 07
    played og pretty much everyday, it was love.
    didn't get xbl until mid 08 i think, first guys in the community i spoke to were bene, newblood, shady4chi, satori...
    then i got on reign so i used to talk to those guys on the reign chatbox constantly, never really seshed online though.
    mid way through s2 it was dp, got talking to stevland alot, best/nicest guy in this community hands down. the fucker even bought me ms points and posted them to me so i could get trails HD, true friend.
    other guys i was inspired by...
    jack barclay <3
    tno
    demz
    flix
    kanen (intrewders)
    im006, thanks to whoever posted that guys name in this thread, i forgot about him but he was sick.
    bullet
    robley
    horsehead!
    heshfield
    saunders & perm (just for putting up with my cuntyness in parties)

can't think anymore

skate was and still is the best game ever.
    "She had a fanny like a packet of cheddar and onion McCoys. 50p. High fat content. Stunk of coagulted cow-juice. Udder shudder. Chop an onion. Makes you cry. So did her snatch. Growled at me like a rapist's dog. My favourite crisps."

so much point swapping during skate.
    shit ive never herd of in any other game community this small...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

I had skate on release. Never really went online except for a few times with Hoodlum and TNO and Stev. Ask those guys to decypher my accent lol. Skate 2 was shit, skate 3 was cool, especially sessioning with Adda, needmoretime and the rest of the catface lot.

Influences i would say, Mazzdizzy, probably the first "superstar" fake skater, belvedere69, the guy who invented real switch so you can thank him for that, Plugg, always a cool guy, anyone who had the balls to be different, which as most of you know is hard in a game were everyone tries to copy the cool guys.

Skate 1 consumed most of my life around the time of its release. i have to give a shout to Magic and the Hoodlum boys for asking me to join. Magic in particular helped me with a few things, scratch my back sorta thing. A lot of you probably wont know me, i usually mind my own business round these parts, recently bought skate 1 and fell in love again. Think i might make a video actually....

Never had any homies.

This should be stickied. It's a good read.

Long time no see fellas. Jeez, this all brings back so many memories, mostly good, some awkward. I got Skate 1 when it first came out, which was my whole reason for buying an Xbox 360. I think this was back in 2007. Shortly after playing I found out about one of the first forums, forget what it was called now, but War ran it if I remember correctly. Met Sethbates on there and he put me on his team Massacre. I did some stuff for that team, then I had a few things in the first Banks2Ledges video by Monkeymedia.

After that, I ended up on Frequency with Monkey, Bene, Satori, Momadaddy (Evan), Nub, and the others (sorry if I forgot you <3). During that time Bene, Satori and myself pretty much talked shit in parties non-stop. We had a good time.

I think somewhere between Frequency and Catface I started my own team, From Hell, which was okay, but never accomplished much. I wasn't good at being a team leader.

Later on I got a PS3 and ended up on Catface with FDH3rd, Need, Jerrel, DVC, Rhek, and others (again, sorry if I forgot you <3). I played and filmed with them from mid-to-late Skate 2, through a good part of Skate 3.

Went back to the 360, bought Skate 3 for that shortly after, and really never filmed anything since. My last footage was Catface stuff, just search for "Corpsey" on YT, you'll find it. I gotta say, those 3 or so years were probably the most fun I've ever had on a video game. Not just the game itself, but all the different people I've met, became friends with, and talked shit about (I know, it's bad, but at the time it was fucking hysterical).

The people who had the biggest impact on me, who helped me out, and who I remember in a positive way, in no particular order:
    Bene, Satori, fallingskyline, Needmoretime, FDH3rd, Momadaddy, Monkeymedia, Shady4Chi, Nolan, Rhek, DVC, Zodas, Monk, skhate, nubmarine, Bert... that's all I can think of right now. If there's anyone I missed, know that it wasn't on purpose. You guys rule.

Steam
    m1L3z
    PSN
    imrobwhite

first person i ever played with was mazzdizzy. he was the only person on my xbl friends list. he then introduced me to inNout, switchtre and this guy named stopgob, who i became fakeskate bff with. then he just vanished outta nowhere never to return. and the person responsible for me even putting a video out is sknoodler. which in turn ended up getting me on my first fakeskate team SnD which led to me joining Hoodlum. here is that fisrt vid i ever did.

i looked up to mazzdizzy during the demo days since he was droppin vids like crazy. i also really looked up to clay and magic which is why i wanted to be on hoodlum since i can remember.

i miss the Og days, shit was fun. meeting cuz for the first tiem online, having dumb beef with inNout and bks. telling Cip off in a 19page hidden thread. fuckin TUGBOAT!

Clay... Magic... Thanks for all the great times.
    Last edited by teh m1L3z; 12-15-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Rocked OG on my Xbrick, couldn't get enough of breaking bones for like the first 2 hours. Then actually tried the skating and was hooked for life. Graduated to S2 and was a competition skater, never even touched cameras until S3 demo. Hooked up with some guys off the start on Motion, left that team and randomly hooked up with the Dharma guys. The sex was good, been there ever since releasing trash that only I like.

Inspiration: E, Sickones, Pawn, Stevland, Derk
    Who helped me learn stuff : ChasmJ, Ayreon, Antwan

Before the OG demo dropped, I was rapping with gregisonfire on the IGN forums about creating a skate team before the upcoming release. I pitched the name reIGN because it cleverly had IGN in the name. Gay. The week before OG demo, 8/13/2007, greg posted THIS under the heading "Team reIGN". That was the beginning. I made a demo video, but was such a retard that I couldn't get it posted on YT.

Soon after that I made this website, maybe the first fakeskate team site ever. Don't ask why I haven't allowed the domain name to expire - http://skateteamreign.com/pro_team.html

So then my first video:

A few months later I was inspired by homies at SkateThis to play around with coffin cams. Being the antisocial douche that I am, I figured out a way to make one by myself with 2 xboxs and 2 tvs. Playing on one tv, and filming on the other. There were rubber bands and tripods and dv cams involved. A total mess. My gf thought I was an idiot.

Here are the first 2 tests:

I thought the second test was dope, so I moved forward with an all cofin cam vid, edited to music I created. Here it is:

Aaaaaand cut. I don't even know what that was supposed to be.

After that, the team was cooking, gregisonfire was long gone, leaving me as the only original founding member. Many good times followed. I remember staying up crazy late to coffin film ShaydeeUK. I remember hitmanx123 before his nads dropped. He was Perm v1.0 back then.

Without going into the whole story, shit got kinda crazy, team drama, skatethis drama, inbox full of shit from 12 year olds, I simply got turned off. Just before reIGN made a bit of a name for itself, I bailed. Like MIA bailed. Gone.

I played S2 like a meth addict, but didn't involve myself with the community at all. Something I will always regret, cause I missed all the good shit.

I came back with Lb#1 right before S3 dropped, not as MonThakma, but under the new name BladderBoy. I wanted to start fresh I guess. Or maybe I was avoiding the hit that Zodas put out on me after leaving reIGN high and dry. Maybe making Lb was my penance for going AWOL and letting down my OG homies.

Much respect and thanks to Magic for putting a gun to everyones head and making them look at my fakeskate mag.

Shaydee, DVC, Zodas, Hitman, Rhekaan - my belated apologies. Props on moving forward with reIGN, and earning the Cuz "Team Reign would like that" shoutout in S2. A single tear fell from my eye when I found that easter egg. Proud to be a part of it.

Glad I got that off my chest after 3 years...

Thanks for reading and watching.
    Last edited by BladderBoy; 12-16-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Blazing a Trail

oh fuck, i didnt realized it was you with the static cams (i clearly remember monthakma and that crazy 2 xbox setup ), reign and all...
    weird
    be proud of what you've done
    and thanks for likebuttermag

Thank YOU Slam. I consider shooting your Lb photo feature and editing your mag minute to be highlights of my fakecareer. Much respect.
    Last edited by BladderBoy; 12-16-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Played OG and s2 from the start pretty much (though OG was intermittent due to my obsession with rainbow 6)

Made quite a few s2 graphics, but didn't starting making vids till end of s2, continued into skate 3, gutted I wasn't active during the glory days. Still i'm here now, and whether there is a community or not I'll still be making vids, as I love doing it.

EDIT - Just read the orignal post so wanted to expand on my post.

Animal Machine and Forge Style Films (Champoy) were the reason I started making videos, after discovering them on YT. 6am was the first FL I ever wacthed and is still one of my favs. Loved watching AlexOrregos vids too and Jankies.

There are so many people now i enjoy wyaching videos from - Boxer, notedderk, alex, adda, wiltz, sk8ratwar, river, saunders420, whatbra, mattyman, sickones, slamooh, jerrel, pk, push, marco, guni, cash and skatertinky, plus plenty of other peeps.

First peeps I seshed with online was a dude called remix on xbox and easkatekrew on ps3. I then met a whole heap of people online xb - drawls, Duce NLS, DuunderMifflin, Ohmid, Mathiys, roflcopter, rushiie, EZ Cake, Mattyman, Platypus, Boxerman, Riverking, Marco, Sk8ratwar, reflex, mguni, chizzy, sourdeeze, fullyflared, phantom soup, banner boy, alexmcs, whatbra, jimmy2times I could go on....

Had some mad funny sessions with most of the people, just hanging out online till like 5 and 6am telling sick jokes and laughing at random shit. Still do actually and whether one of us playing skate , battlefield 3 or saints row etc the usual suspects hang out in XBL parties

On ps3 (when i go on it) old skooler, adda, ea skate crew and mage i have skated with a few times. I really need to get back on Ps3 always had a good laugh when i do.
    Last edited by Deacon; 12-16-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by BladderBoy View Post
    Thank YOU Slam. I consider shooting your Lb photo feature and editing your mag minute to be highlights of my fakecareer. Much respect.
    oh dude. We re just players... guys managing sites like fluckit, likebutter (skatethis rip) are way more useful . It was a cool session, wasn't it ?
    i am the one thanking you for that spot

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    oh fuck, i didnt realized it was you with the static cams (i clearly remember monthakma and that crazy 2 xbox setup ), reign and all...
    weird
    be proud of what you've done
    and thanks for likebuttermag
    Wow I always wondered were you came from
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

OG was the reason I bought a PS3..but I had no clue about people making videos until the S2 demo dropped. Eventhough I wasnt part of the community at the time, OG Skate will always be my favorite game of all time.
    Randomly, I visited the EA forums sometime later and saw one solo and I was hooked. After that, I couldnt get enough DP and 1954 videos--DP'54 is still one of my all-time favs.
    At some point, I found Fluckit and knew I was in the right place. Skate on the ps3 got lonely so I bought an Xbox, befriended Robley, and got in on those 'heckle sessions' with Cuz and the gang--best times Ive ever had gaming online.
    Robley wanted to start his own team and I was in the right place at the right time--the rest is history. Im not sure if I truly deserved a spot on Psychonaut, but it made me push myself to do my best. Im very thankful to the team for doing that for me.

So many of you have influenced me and my fake.skating:
    All of Psychonaut, '54, and DP ..namely Robley, Bullet, Horsehead, Knex, Eflix, SupaFly, Demz, Anchors, Skatehead, Andersatan, Stevland, SkHate, TNO
    Animal Machine--Slamooh, Shady, Amp for their unbelievably clean skating/filming and high quality video production
    Clayfighter--made every XBL party worth being in and always appreciated the nuances of this game
    Southcity's unbelievable command of the flickit system and his ability to spontaneously do anything and everything he wanted
    SkelliBonez' distinct style
    Signguy's no bullshit approach
    JackBarclay's epic video responses
    Triple Threat for "Tranny Killers"--not bad for a bunch of fruitbooters, lol.
    Gizzler for being more 'hesh' than me.
    ..and everyone else; too many to list. If youve made a skate.video and I watched it, most likely youve given me ideas for spots or tricks. Thank you all for perpetuating one of the best ways for me to waste my time--ah, the memories..

got the og demo day 1. lots of mega ramp sessions with dudes in my dorm. never got into the community til the end. but i distinctly remember sitting in my college's library watching a DP video thinking it was the coolest thing i've ever seen done with a video game. one windows media maker edit from og and i was hooked.

skate 2, roc must have taken pity on me or something. because i don't know how anyone would consider my sponsor me video good. but that's how i ended up chillin with him, embers, gym, redhook, quetonto, etc. dp54 was the defining vid of s2 in my book. had to step up my game after Triple Threat got noticed by the masses. I don't think i even knew what Hoodlum was until i was on it. fluckit became home. can't believe how long ago that was.

s3 - just doing what i do. saw a lot of crazy vids that i knew i would never come close to. but it was still too fun to quit. we all knew it had to end at some point. buying a pvr made this game bearable, otherwise i'd already be gone.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

This one's for Hesh.

A monster creeps upon us, terrible in aspect, ratio, and virulence. It seeps the blood and spit of a dying world. In the darkness, it fucks us in our messy beds, in our filthy apartments. Defiled and exhausted we wake between the gray slats of another meaningless morning. In our socks and little else we comfort with coffee, bong, beer, ashtray, xbox, laptop, and Skate. These are our drugs. We are your addicts. The monster will live and breath in my dreams, in my nightmares, in my bed. In my mind, a gun is born from between the twisted folds of neurons, axons and dendrites. The gun is us. Pull the trigger.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This one's for Hesh.

A monster creeps upon us, terrible in aspect, ratio, and virulence. It seeps the blood and spit of a dying world. In the darkness, it fucks us in our messy beds, in our filthy apartments. Defiled and exhausted we wake between the gray slats of another meaningless morning. In our socks and little else we comfort with coffee, bong, beer, ashtray, xbox, laptop, and Skate. These are our drugs. We are your addicts. The monster will live and breath in my dreams, in my nightmares, in my bed. In my mind, a gun is born from between the twisted folds of neurons, axons and dendrites. The gun is us. Pull the trigger.

Absolutely perfect. 'Bless you, Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by BladderBoy View Post
    Before the OG demo dropped, I was rapping with gregisonfire on the IGN forums about creating a skate team before the upcoming release. I pitched the name reIGN because it cleverly had IGN in the name. Gay. The week before OG demo, 8/13/2007, greg posted THIS under the heading "Team reIGN". That was the beginning. I made a demo video, but was such a retard that I couldn't get it posted on YT.

Soon after that I made this website, maybe the first fakeskate team site ever. Don't ask why I haven't allowed the domain name to expire - http://skateteamreign.com/pro_team.html

So then my first video:

A few months later I was inspired by homies at SkateThis to play around with coffin cams. Being the antisocial douche that I am, I figured out a way to make one by myself with 2 xboxs and 2 tvs. Playing on one tv, and filming on the other. There were rubber bands and tripods and dv cams involved. A total mess. My gf thought I was an idiot.

Here are the first 2 tests:

I thought the second test was dope, so I moved forward with an all cofin cam vid, edited to music I created. Here it is:

Aaaaaand cut. I don't even know what that was supposed to be.

After that, the team was cooking, gregisonfire was long gone, leaving me as the only original founding member. Many good times followed. I remember staying up crazy late to coffin film ShaydeeUK. I remember hitmanx123 before his nads dropped. He was Perm v1.0 back then.

Without going into the whole story, shit got kinda crazy, team drama, skatethis drama, inbox full of shit from 12 year olds, I simply got turned off. Just before reIGN made a bit of a name for itself, I bailed. Like MIA bailed. Gone.

I played S2 like a meth addict, but didn't involve myself with the community at all. Something I will always regret, cause I missed all the good shit.

I came back with Lb#1 right before S3 dropped, not as MonThakma, but under the new name BladderBoy. I wanted to start fresh I guess. Or maybe I was avoiding the hit that Zodas put out on me after leaving reIGN high and dry. Maybe making Lb was my penance for going AWOL and letting down my OG homies.

Much respect and thanks to Magic for putting a gun to everyones head and making them look at my fakeskate mag.

Shaydee, DVC, Zodas, Hitman, Rhekaan - my belated apologies. Props on moving forward with reIGN, and earning the Cuz "Team Reign would like that" shoutout in S2. A single tear fell from my eye when I found that easter egg. Proud to be a part of it.

Glad I got that off my chest after 3 years...

Thanks for reading and watching.
    ^ pretty much, team reign 4 lyfe >
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

"In the beginning there was semen, and it went into jeremy rogers eye". If you know me, then you know probably know where that came from. Over the many years ive spent my life sitting down trying to get better at a fake-skate game mostly to appease to my deer peers. Without you guys i would of had no motivation to really do much and for that all of you fools have my respect for life.

Team Reign haha, man what a way to start. i remember being on ign and chatting with zodas about how we were gunna do a team video and all this and of course it hit me. how the fluck do i get footage? IEven though my time on reign was short lived and i didnt really get to say goodbye im glad i was able to have my first experience being ona team with you guys. and where every you are i hope your still enjoying skate as much as i dont .

Hoodlum...well fuck what is there to say...its fucking HOODLUM BITCH! WE GOT HOMIES ON DECK! > Clay, Magic, Mack, Skatehead,blackhawk,Noobtard,Skatevid,demz,south,s toked,adopted, ghost,bullet,robley,kyleonfire,hesh,supa,milez,rip per,mrsk8,roc,embers......fuck just to name a few and im sure there were 50 more i cant name right now. But fuck without you guys...well there wouldnt be a hitman so im let you finish readin this but hoodlum was and still is the best team of ALL TIME
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Joined skate in 2007, made a solo (which is still on youtube) but it was crap. Made a few in skate 2 but the camera reset thing pissed me off so stuck to online play. Joined EA but it looked dead so didn't bother checking out teams etc. First friend was a guy called Ramo, we used to play spot battle all day and night. Camera options made me get back into filming in skate 3, then became friends with GWA

Thumbs up

masterclass

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

This one's for Hesh.

I love you.

Blazing a Trail

-Started with Skate the day it came out but never played online.
    -S2 I played online but never had a mic and would only do challenges like a fool
    -S3 I got a mic and started meeting people and heard about the forums

The very first person I seshed with using a mic was Grundlegoat and we started messing with parks. I decided to step up the park building and Met Monkeysuncle soon after. Monkey told me my rails were to high (haha) and gave me some tips to help me progress. Then I met Adamj1987 who also built parks and we consistently pushed each other to get better! Adam and me came across one of rzrfvr's parks and we shit, we knew we had to step it up further. Started seshing with rzrfvr and he was chill. After seeing all these sick Team's like DP and Stingray I asked Adamj1987 and rzrfvr if they'd be interested in starting something up. They were, so I came up with the name CAP Faction, set it up, and started making them post their parks .

Many people here and there I've seshed with that shouldn't go unmentioned but the above is the short of it. Most of the guys that inspire me are either on CAP Faction or CAP Faction ST although there's plenty that aren't but should be. Basically everyone I sesh with inspires me one way or another.
    Last edited by old-skooler-34; 01-07-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Been playing since before it was born...my OG homies were J-Bomb and the Darkman D...seshing in a hotel room with a controller linked to a laptop that would tell us when we performed a trick. Old school text stylee FTW! Played games of SKATE that way. That was when we knew we had the magic. After that it was a block guy in a vector world...raw dog physics only...fuck that Hardcore mode aw...the stories I could tell.

fuck that...(for now.)

Heckle sesh tonight for anyone down...and if an EA Nation error does not occur.

(And where the hell is Mean Goon?)

Quote Originally Posted by old-skooler-34 View Post
    -Started with Skate the day it came out but never played online.
    -S2 I played online but never had a mic and would only do challenges like a fool
    -S3 I got a mic and started meeting people and heard about the forums

The very first person I seshed with using a mic was Grundlegoat and we started messing with parks. Grundle would invite that dude Caccy and Caccy would tell us how good his parks were while we were in them (haha). I decided to step up the park building and Met Monkeysuncle soon after. Monkey told me my rails were to high (haha) and gave me some tips to help me progress. Then I met Adamj1987 who also built parks and we consistently pushed each other to get better! Adam and me came across one of rzrfvr's parks and we shit, we knew we had to step it up further. Started seshing with rzrfvr and he was chill. After seeing all these sick Team's like DP and Stingray I asked Adamj1987 and rzrfvr if they'd be interested in starting something up. They were, so I came up with the name CAP Faction, set it up, and started making them post their parks .

Many people here and there I've seshed with that shouldn't go unmentioned but the above is the short of it. Most of the guys that inspire me are either on CAP Faction or CAP Faction ST although there's plenty that aren't but should be. Basically everyone I sesh with inspires me one way or another.
    Is that mean I inspire you. :P Jk OS

Anyway...

I never played OG in my life. Some kid told me at school to get Skate 2 instead of playing THPG, so I bought it. fell in love with it! I got Skate 3 for my Birthday during the beginning of the year and fooled around. Never met anybody, except a few random Mega Park people.

After I purchased all the DLC, I thought maybe I should try making parks (Thx OS for the inspiration) and made a park called Brickville. It was terrible, everything was so close and bunched up. So I tried again a few weeks later.

I started playing on HC when people said how fun it was. A month ago I began skating realistic instead of popping way high. So I started a team called Roll Design. I got the name because OS gave me the idea while we were seshin. I met a few people and we fakeskate almost everyday.
    Last edited by Mage505; 12-21-2011 at 12:40 PM.

controller linked to a laptop? who do you think you are?

no but damn a heckle sesh? maybe I should try and borrow my nephews box. I have always wanted to do one of those with you dudes
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Banned

Got s1 and s2 in like the august after s2 came out.
    watched easkatetv.
    then made s3 videos.
    zulutheking was the coolest first person ive ever met........
    then PERMKID
    /done

Fluckin' Hatchling jimmypage4ever's Avatar

For me it all stared with the rob and big episode where they go to blackbox. Two weeks later i found the ea forums and one month later the demo came out. Once the game came out i met Poopiedeloopie and we were on SecksPandas with DerekGodspeed and a few others. So they were my very first ea skate homies along with ericdotcom and DangerslyBANGIN which we later had Korrupted Skate Team. The one person who truly was inspiring to me was Demzilla. I remember watching his first video, all i rember was this sick as fluck hurricane grind down a handrail and i was hooked on his shyt for there on out, also loved how he started using the triggers to animate the knees bending in grinds and landings. Pawnluv and InNout were also favorites of mine to watch their videos...
    Korrupted Skate Team

Holy shizzzzz lol havent been on here for the longest time lol dont know if anyone remembers me anymore either :'(( haha. But i remember going here when i started playing skate. online, and met up with shady4chi and some other dudes to join Ice Creamers, then some controversial stuff happened that i dont want to get in depth with ( short: account logged on still, friend posts link to lemon party and shady gets a virus on his computer), getting me kicked out. Then met some new people who form board breakers for like 3 months haha. then after that just started playing with some hoodlum guys and other fluckit members like hitmanx123, clayfighter, and some others i cant renember lol sorry.

Bumping this thread only cuz Ive read every above comment and this is amazing.

This community had always been something I never want to lose or be out of the loop of...I it easily one of the most creative out there...and SO many ppl/teams have paved the way....
    AM, dp, Psycho, 54, Vice, Hostile, Recession Free, BKS, Couch, SSS....others I forgot, I am sorry.

To be honest I really never had anyone I looked up to, only inspired by...
    Magic, Clay, Perm, Demz, Robley, Cuz, Kelly Litz, South, Stoked, Anch, Anders, Knex, Stev, TNO, Skhate Flixxx, Cory Web, Saunders, Skelli, Mack, Shady, Hesh, Adda, Gizz, Horse, Supa, EB, Milez, ButtPlugg, Hitman, Dag, Pairs, Ill, Noted, SG, Pawn, Momma, Tubs, Manolo, List goes on for days.....

Thank you all for everything, even if you think you didnt do anything you did.
    Last edited by Skatehead; 08-15-2012 at 09:41 PM.

all the homies
    Last edited by Hitmanx123; 07-07-2020 at 02:40 PM.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

I Started playing skate. the day it came out. Being a skateboarder in real life made me want that game so bad. Never played with anyone except my homie from my hometown. Skate 2 rolled in and I was still playing all by myself not even knowing that there was actually a community out there. Skate 3 came around and for about 3 years I played it by myself still. Started making parks and putting them out still not knowing about the community, the only person i really knew about was chilifrat so i defenitally looked up to him for a while. One day someone sent me a friend request by the name of Fubzie and sent me a message saying he liked my parks. I started chatting with him and finally found out there was a whole community of park creators and filmers and all this and that and basically this game just evolved for me from skate 3 to 4. After a day or two i started chatting with fubzie n MrMaster and SmurfsInaBox. We formed LPC after a while and met lots of new friends like suds and luft and m7 and fecal face and i cant even begin to mention all of you. This game and community i must say has to be the friendliest out there.
    Jakeskate306
    LPC Team Manager/Co-Founder
    StrangeClothing Team Manager/Founder
    Noir Skateboards Team Rider

Fluckin' Hatchling
    XBL
    HaRd2TeK

Nice thread.
    Ii start go on skate this and meet people and my absolutely first home was CHRIS19 he was used to help me with the coffin cams when in n out made a tutorial for do that on after effects, he was on a great team (I don't remember the name) so he gets busy and I started a collaboration with BigRedTakeover for a sanvan tour.
    I succeeded to have a tryouts in teamReign and I was finalist with FDH3RD and shaydeeUkAnd zodas chose for let enter both.
    I learned a lot from that team, I was in pro team w rheekan norwegianpsycho shaydee zodas monthakama, DVC and more but those are the Skaters who influenced me, as skating and editing .
    SSS, in n out, DP are surely the teams who I watched more and tried to learn from.

I know there are lot of more fellas and teams but at the moment I don't remember any.
    Last edited by HaRdTeK; 02-05-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

This is the best thread ever, I started playing OG at a friends house and was amazed at how the physics effected everything. Finally managed to get a ps3 in july 2008 with OG. I saw a few of stevland & TNO's strictly vids and wanted to start making vids. Played solo for ages then ventured online in S2 and met eternalREWIND in a random freeskate. Eternal was the only person I seshed with for ages then I found Lb mag through the kids table, started taking photos and it soon became an obsession. Met so many people through the Lb chatbox and started seshing with adda,cerebus,OMGi'msue,needmoretime,fred and a bunch of other peeps. I think it was adda who introduced me to old skooler then seshing CAP's till 6 in the morning became a daily thing. Met jebotek during a CAP session during and soon after CAPfaction ST started, I've met so many cool people through this thumb flicking fake skating adventure. The whole time I was involved with helping out on Lb was the best fun I've had online and helped me through some rough times. Thanks for starting this thread Marco, been a great read.

Banned

<3 RIP pinkbananastatus and my 300 skate vids

Mack Magic & demz will always be my top 3

XBL
    TheDietTea

NeedsMoreTP was me on another account so I'm reiterating.
    Used to hangout at the local EB Games and Play The OG Demo.
    Picked up OG fresh off the Tony Hawk Boat.
    Later on found the Kids Table When OG Was Still Poppin.
    Before the Community I was 99% Tony Hawker.
    Got Inpsired by some PawnLuv Videos and my Hybrid style started to form.
    The Guys around here and other sites for the game really kept me going.
    Even when It may have seemed like I was pissed off or full of myself I could've been way worse off.
    I was all about OATS Videos for a long time so that team is top for me. Seeing how they are the reason I started in the first place It's only right.
    Pretty Easy to Click with others through this game though, I've had run ins with quite a few people on here.
    I Quickly realized how consistent others are, or maybe just how inconsistent I am.
    My Videos took TIME but I'm just bad lol.