Thread: Your First EA skate. Homies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AIQ42 thats the only person I remember playing online in OG....yet I know there were some others.

[A Red Bicycle
    Dr Strange Lulz
    Fx Stryker
    Kusariga
    Traxiom
    Flying Seel]

the Hoodlums. &Perm SkHate Dag.

May this community never die.

OG was the reason I bought a PS3..but I had no clue about people making videos until the S2 demo dropped. Eventhough I wasnt part of the community at the time, OG Skate will always be my favorite game of all time.
    Randomly, I visited the EA forums sometime later and saw one solo and I was hooked. After that, I couldnt get enough DP and 1954 videos--DP'54 is still one of my all-time favs.
    At some point, I found Fluckit and knew I was in the right place. Skate on the ps3 got lonely so I bought an Xbox, befriended Robley, and got in on those 'heckle sessions' with Cuz and the gang--best times Ive ever had gaming online.
    Robley wanted to start his own team and I was in the right place at the right time--the rest is history. Im not sure if I truly deserved a spot on Psychonaut, but it made me push myself to do my best. Im very thankful to the team for doing that for me.

So many of you have influenced me and my fake.skating:
    All of Psychonaut, '54, and DP ..namely Robley, Bullet, Horsehead, Knex, Eflix, SupaFly, Demz, Anchors, Skatehead, Andersatan, Stevland, SkHate, TNO
    Animal Machine--Slamooh, Shady, Amp for their unbelievably clean skating/filming and high quality video production
    Clayfighter--made every XBL party worth being in and always appreciated the nuances of this game
    Southcity's unbelievable command of the flickit system and his ability to spontaneously do anything and everything he wanted
    SkelliBonez' distinct style
    Signguy's no bullshit approach
    JackBarclay's epic video responses
    Triple Threat for "Tranny Killers"--not bad for a bunch of fruitbooters, lol.
    Gizzler for being more 'hesh' than me.
    ..and everyone else; too many to list. If youve made a skate.video and I watched it, most likely youve given me ideas for spots or tricks. Thank you all for perpetuating one of the best ways for me to waste my time--ah, the memories..

got the og demo day 1. lots of mega ramp sessions with dudes in my dorm. never got into the community til the end. but i distinctly remember sitting in my college's library watching a DP video thinking it was the coolest thing i've ever seen done with a video game. one windows media maker edit from og and i was hooked.

skate 2, roc must have taken pity on me or something. because i don't know how anyone would consider my sponsor me video good. but that's how i ended up chillin with him, embers, gym, redhook, quetonto, etc. dp54 was the defining vid of s2 in my book. had to step up my game after Triple Threat got noticed by the masses. I don't think i even knew what Hoodlum was until i was on it. fluckit became home. can't believe how long ago that was.

s3 - just doing what i do. saw a lot of crazy vids that i knew i would never come close to. but it was still too fun to quit. we all knew it had to end at some point. buying a pvr made this game bearable, otherwise i'd already be gone.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

This one's for Hesh.

A monster creeps upon us, terrible in aspect, ratio, and virulence. It seeps the blood and spit of a dying world. In the darkness, it fucks us in our messy beds, in our filthy apartments. Defiled and exhausted we wake between the gray slats of another meaningless morning. In our socks and little else we comfort with coffee, bong, beer, ashtray, xbox, laptop, and Skate. These are our drugs. We are your addicts. The monster will live and breath in my dreams, in my nightmares, in my bed. In my mind, a gun is born from between the twisted folds of neurons, axons and dendrites. The gun is us. Pull the trigger.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This one's for Hesh.

A monster creeps upon us, terrible in aspect, ratio, and virulence. It seeps the blood and spit of a dying world. In the darkness, it fucks us in our messy beds, in our filthy apartments. Defiled and exhausted we wake between the gray slats of another meaningless morning. In our socks and little else we comfort with coffee, bong, beer, ashtray, xbox, laptop, and Skate. These are our drugs. We are your addicts. The monster will live and breath in my dreams, in my nightmares, in my bed. In my mind, a gun is born from between the twisted folds of neurons, axons and dendrites. The gun is us. Pull the trigger.

Absolutely perfect. 'Bless you, Jack.

"In the beginning there was semen, and it went into jeremy rogers eye". If you know me, then you know probably know where that came from. Over the many years ive spent my life sitting down trying to get better at a fake-skate game mostly to appease to my deer peers. Without you guys i would of had no motivation to really do much and for that all of you fools have my respect for life.

Team Reign haha, man what a way to start. i remember being on ign and chatting with zodas about how we were gunna do a team video and all this and of course it hit me. how the fluck do i get footage? IEven though my time on reign was short lived and i didnt really get to say goodbye im glad i was able to have my first experience being ona team with you guys. and where every you are i hope your still enjoying skate as much as i dont .

Hoodlum...well fuck what is there to say...its fucking HOODLUM BITCH! WE GOT HOMIES ON DECK! > Clay, Magic, Mack, Skatehead,blackhawk,Noobtard,Skatevid,demz,south,s toked,adopted, ghost,bullet,robley,kyleonfire,hesh,supa,milez,rip per,mrsk8,roc,embers......fuck just to name a few and im sure there were 50 more i cant name right now. But fuck without you guys...well there wouldnt be a hitman so im let you finish readin this but hoodlum was and still is the best team of ALL TIME
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Joined skate in 2007, made a solo (which is still on youtube) but it was crap. Made a few in skate 2 but the camera reset thing pissed me off so stuck to online play. Joined EA but it looked dead so didn't bother checking out teams etc. First friend was a guy called Ramo, we used to play spot battle all day and night. Camera options made me get back into filming in skate 3, then became friends with GWA

Thumbs up

masterclass

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

This one's for Hesh.

I love you.

Blazing a Trail

-Started with Skate the day it came out but never played online.
    -S2 I played online but never had a mic and would only do challenges like a fool
    -S3 I got a mic and started meeting people and heard about the forums

The very first person I seshed with using a mic was Grundlegoat and we started messing with parks. I decided to step up the park building and Met Monkeysuncle soon after. Monkey told me my rails were to high (haha) and gave me some tips to help me progress. Then I met Adamj1987 who also built parks and we consistently pushed each other to get better! Adam and me came across one of rzrfvr's parks and we shit, we knew we had to step it up further. Started seshing with rzrfvr and he was chill. After seeing all these sick Team's like DP and Stingray I asked Adamj1987 and rzrfvr if they'd be interested in starting something up. They were, so I came up with the name CAP Faction, set it up, and started making them post their parks .

Many people here and there I've seshed with that shouldn't go unmentioned but the above is the short of it. Most of the guys that inspire me are either on CAP Faction or CAP Faction ST although there's plenty that aren't but should be. Basically everyone I sesh with inspires me one way or another.
    Last edited by old-skooler-34; 01-07-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Been playing since before it was born...my OG homies were J-Bomb and the Darkman D...seshing in a hotel room with a controller linked to a laptop that would tell us when we performed a trick. Old school text stylee FTW! Played games of SKATE that way. That was when we knew we had the magic. After that it was a block guy in a vector world...raw dog physics only...fuck that Hardcore mode aw...the stories I could tell.

fuck that...(for now.)

Heckle sesh tonight for anyone down...and if an EA Nation error does not occur.

(And where the hell is Mean Goon?)

Quote Originally Posted by old-skooler-34 View Post
    -Started with Skate the day it came out but never played online.
    -S2 I played online but never had a mic and would only do challenges like a fool
    -S3 I got a mic and started meeting people and heard about the forums

The very first person I seshed with using a mic was Grundlegoat and we started messing with parks. Grundle would invite that dude Caccy and Caccy would tell us how good his parks were while we were in them (haha). I decided to step up the park building and Met Monkeysuncle soon after. Monkey told me my rails were to high (haha) and gave me some tips to help me progress. Then I met Adamj1987 who also built parks and we consistently pushed each other to get better! Adam and me came across one of rzrfvr's parks and we shit, we knew we had to step it up further. Started seshing with rzrfvr and he was chill. After seeing all these sick Team's like DP and Stingray I asked Adamj1987 and rzrfvr if they'd be interested in starting something up. They were, so I came up with the name CAP Faction, set it up, and started making them post their parks .

Many people here and there I've seshed with that shouldn't go unmentioned but the above is the short of it. Most of the guys that inspire me are either on CAP Faction or CAP Faction ST although there's plenty that aren't but should be. Basically everyone I sesh with inspires me one way or another.
    Is that mean I inspire you. :P Jk OS

Anyway...

I never played OG in my life. Some kid told me at school to get Skate 2 instead of playing THPG, so I bought it. fell in love with it! I got Skate 3 for my Birthday during the beginning of the year and fooled around. Never met anybody, except a few random Mega Park people.

After I purchased all the DLC, I thought maybe I should try making parks (Thx OS for the inspiration) and made a park called Brickville. It was terrible, everything was so close and bunched up. So I tried again a few weeks later.

I started playing on HC when people said how fun it was. A month ago I began skating realistic instead of popping way high. So I started a team called Roll Design. I got the name because OS gave me the idea while we were seshin. I met a few people and we fakeskate almost everyday.
    Last edited by Mage505; 12-21-2011 at 12:40 PM.