Thread: Your First EA skate. Homies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    i always looked up to the dudes that destroy the engine.
    pawn sg snail south keenan sauders.
    snails new vid got me stoked
    this makes me feel really cool

Banned

Seshed in S1 era with:

Random people I met by joining open lobbies.

Seshed in S2 era with:

Voyage
    Catface
    Fonzy
    Instinct
    Ez

Seshed in s3 with:

A lot of new and annoying kids, mostly / only looked forward to seshing with; Mksp, Riggs, Catface, Adda, Cerebus

Top 5 People I look(ed) up to:

tno (since s1)
    bks (since s1)
    Shady (since s1)
    Trewder (only s1)
    Knexzor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jerr bear; 10-25-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

My first EA skate. homie was this dude SSSofuSSS. I met him in a online sesh in OG skate at the Regs miniramp. I discovered that he was also swedish and then we had a lot of awesome sessions and awesome chats in OG skate, Skate 2 and we also played a lot of GTA IV. But then he kinda got tired of the Skate-series and sort of stopped playing in general.

Just before the demo for Skate 3 came out I met this dude named Gurka94. We chatted and had great conversations and when Skate 3 came out we started this team called "Team Cyco" (Suicidal Tendencies-reference) and for a long time it was just me and him. After a while I was kinda tired of the team so we decided to shut that team down. I went on to just try to focus on my videos and he went on to start a team with some other dude.

So then I was back on my own when it comes to playing. Then I met Cookiesupporter once in the LB-chat and he asked me to add him on Xbox Live, we popped the voicechat-cherry and had awesome chats and sessions. Unfortunately he's not that active anymore, I miss you dude.

The person I sesh/chat with the most at the moment is Wiltzuh, mostly because we both speak finnish and because he's nice to talk to.

Ever since I started watching fakeskating-videos I've always looked up to Stevland and Eflixxx.
    Last edited by Granka; 10-25-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Blazing a Trail

In s1 and s2 I would always play insane games of grind skate with silent bp, a unknown who didn't make vids but was probably one of the most skilled players out there. in s3 I've been playing mainly with a cap master named XDENNISX...he doesn't post very many of his parks but I'd say he is my favorite builder and an inspiration to me.

PSN
    R3C_-2-_

The entire reason I got a PS3 was because I played the OG demo at Wal-Mart. In OG and Skate 2 I never played with anyone. I was a lonely competition skater that didn't care about the community. Then, I saw that Skate 3 was highly based on teamwork and that's when I went to the forums to look for a team for the first time. I wanted to join a team mainly for comps, but then I started watching the videos and I wanted to start making those instead. I made 2 Skate 2 solos(without Advanced Free Cam) and a Skate 3 demo solo trying to look for a team. Those videos blew, but I found a team that gave me a chance, BlaqOut.

Even though I sucked they let me join as an AM to try and learn from them to get better. I grew a friendship with most of them and we seshed just about every single night looking at each others new parks and just screwing around and having a good time. I watched all their videos and got better over time. At that time, my inspiration came from BenGrover and Domino(teammates). Eventually the team split due to IRL things and I went solo after that.

Haven't really seshed with them or anyone else since then, but my style grew into owl cam craziness from watching SickOnes and Pairsprowlin. I just saw a lot of creativity in their videos and it inspired me. I stopped playing the game in February 2011 after playing the game for 9 months due to the game and community wasn't what it used to be. I have come back since then though because the memories I've had in this game are just great.

The only thing I can hope for is a Skate 4. Just to revive the community and to one day have fun with this game again.

Banned

Played since the night of the OG demo release. Fell in love with the flickit system controls as I had stopped playing thps after the 1st underground. Met ZuluKing and illmaticAK47 in OG and the 3 of us started Team Technique. Made some clips here and there but didn't get into full scale vids till s2. Played the shit out of that with ill and zu and met some of the Henchman guys through EA forums. Never really got much feedback because I never commented on 'known' ppls vids. ChasmJ of Henchman always reached out to show love and asked me to join Henchman and I did.

Fast forward to S3 and I decided to really focus my attention on making my own kind of vids instead of copying what I kept seeing on the forums. Made vids, parks and had some fun. Joined 5150 and skated for them for a bit. Had some friends die unfortunate ways which made me want to stop playing altogether. Decided to change up my name and style and just ride solo. Downgraded to a smaller channel and now just happy to make my kind of vids.

Inspirations:

VP
    Manolo
    Papasmoak
    Southcity
    Horsehead

Current faves include: Emericaridr11, boxerman, Wiltzuh, snail, seanne and a slew of others.

Never bothered with the 'OG' players as they tended to be elitist. Always tried to support up and coming riders through my yt channels.

-R