Thread: Your First EA skate. Homies

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was on this shit way ahead of time. I remember hooking up an account almost a month ahead of time and the forums were wild as fuck back in the day. When the demo dropped you could post a 4 second clip on youtube and get 30,000 views in a few hours. At first, I didn't know anybody. I played with randoms for awhile until I could land a clean trick and throw in a treflip on the rollaway and then I made my first video. I've always, always tried to live somewhere between simulated reality and actual in-game difficulty. I was teamless for all of S1. S2 started and I formed a small team with deadredeyes: R.I.P. 202. Then Stevland, who is one of the best people I've ever met, invited onto DP. I think I had an early chance at Psychonaut, but the past is the past.

Early influences: Midnight for sure. He's as technically gifted as Southie . . .seriously. SignGuy has always had one of the most distinctive styles. Demz had something special from the start. Skhate88 was a major influence for S2. Horsehead has some of the best spots and filming in the game. Knex has been a long time love affair. Little surprise here, Eflixx has influenced my filming style more than anyone else. Eflixx is the unqualified best filmer of all time. Bullet changed the game during S2, for everyone. I remember being in a party with Demz and Magic and a few other dudes and Demz was like, "What the fuck, have you seen Bullet?" the rest is history.

Special Mention: Clayfighter who is the sweetest, funniest dude and seriously has an amazing eye for finding gaps.

Rip Ol' Rusty, HandyGap, and The Darkness. Those three gaps have had some of the gnarliest online sessions that I can remember and some of my best online moments with members of DP, 54, Psychonaut, AM, Threat, the Locs. I remember Anchors saying, "what if we tried to land a trick between the lamp post and the parking meter?" 2 hours later I landed a bs heelflip and it was fucking on like donkey kong.
    Last edited by Jack; 11-17-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."