Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

i played skate since the og demo and every demo/game after that. being a skater myself gave me so much inspiration to keep playing this game and the opportunity to make "fakeskatevideos" was giving it a complete new way to play a game. i started to search for montages on youtube and i think the first stuff i saw was "strictly something" by tno and stevland which blew my mind. i searched for more information on how to make such videos and found some forums that kept distracting me from work a lot, like skateCC, fluckit and skatethis. i started playing the game with stevland, tno, midnight, shamas which were a great inspiration. on skatethis i first got in touch with "teams" i loved dp ever since, but never got on till s2. on skatethis i got to a bunch of chill dudes and joined std had a blast with people like mark murderous, the one and only bene and of course momadaddy. inspiration was everywhere that time, eflix blew my mind with every video and the whole pyschonaut, 1954 and whatnot a lot of cool dudes with an incredible sense of style. skate has and will always be my favorite game of all times. there is no other game where i met so much chill and nice people!
    thanks for a good time to the following in no order:
    stevland
    tno (sylvester montage shane o neill battle commander remake <3)
    midnight
    gizzler
    flix
    slamooh
    shamas
    rest of dp
    momadaddy
    bene
    rest of ex-stc
    the whole ex-std team especially kuro
    and so many others
    Last edited by fallingskyline; 10-25-2011 at 04:45 AM.
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Fluckit Master

I'm one of them people you like to call a newcomer.

I started playing OG at my friends ps3 every now and then when I was around, same with S2.
    But my first own skate game, was S2, and I bought it about 2-4 month's before the release of S3. I actually bought my xbox the same day. Before that, I played games on my PC.
    So during my first couple of month's I didn't even bother to look for a skate community to hang around with. I just kept on doing videos since I've always enjoyed making videos (Edited a few CS 1.5 videos back in the days).

The guy I looked up to the most during that time was EaSkateVideo which made me get into making skate videos. Also did 2 colabs with him which was pretty sweet. These days I look up to most people that put out interesting videos and is generally just a nice bloke, but mainly Roke, E and Kush, great chaps! (they paid me to say that)
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 10-25-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Fluckit Master

Been playing S2 since sep 2009 I think? got filmer pack 1 year later (1 year ago), sesh'd online less than 10 times, most of them just with Shortz (SH0RT_R1BZ @ EA).
    I looked up for most of you guys hah, seriously when I discovered the EA skate forum and the whole EAskate community I was quite surprised.

OG: Played just the demo, 2 times, a year ago, at cousin's ps3.
    S3: Played it less than an hour in my whole life, last time I played it was at a friend's house, like 8 months ago.

My first videos were just tripod shots, and since I got my wi-fi router a few months after getting the game (and ps3), my first videos were filmed with my digicam pointing the TV (first year of ps3 was connected to a CRT 21" tv).

Oh, and I bought S2 2 months before getting my ps3, and the day my ps3 system arrived, I played GTA:IV till I fell asleep.

EDIT: omg that training facility montage is one of the best fakeskate videos I've seen so far.
    Last edited by agusbmxarg; 10-25-2011 at 08:41 AM.

got og skate in late 2007 cept i wasnt online at tht stage. was the best game i had ever played before. got s3 same month it came out and got s2 about two weeks after tht.
    main vids i used to watch was all the wb LAME stuff on yt.

I've been playing since the og demo. But never got into making vids halfway s2, only since s3 I really got into it more and more and started looking for a team and such. And my first e-buddy was Rastagnarian, got into concept (lol).. and after to i began to know people like deacon, virtualparadise and started watching more vids and commenting. Right now boxer, deac, river, alex and pkeyize are the people I talk to the most.
    My main e-hero's have always been slamooh, tno and virtualparadise..
    oh i did have a og clip lol at this

and my first vid (compilation of clips) ever

why in the hell did I used to call these realistic? And I thought I was really good when I made these lol

AIQ42 thats the only person I remember playing online in OG....yet I know there were some others.

[A Red Bicycle
    Dr Strange Lulz
    Fx Stryker
    Kusariga
    Traxiom
    Flying Seel]

the Hoodlums. &Perm SkHate Dag.

May this community never die.

OG was the reason I bought a PS3..but I had no clue about people making videos until the S2 demo dropped. Eventhough I wasnt part of the community at the time, OG Skate will always be my favorite game of all time.
    Randomly, I visited the EA forums sometime later and saw one solo and I was hooked. After that, I couldnt get enough DP and 1954 videos--DP'54 is still one of my all-time favs.
    At some point, I found Fluckit and knew I was in the right place. Skate on the ps3 got lonely so I bought an Xbox, befriended Robley, and got in on those 'heckle sessions' with Cuz and the gang--best times Ive ever had gaming online.
    Robley wanted to start his own team and I was in the right place at the right time--the rest is history. Im not sure if I truly deserved a spot on Psychonaut, but it made me push myself to do my best. Im very thankful to the team for doing that for me.

So many of you have influenced me and my fake.skating:
    All of Psychonaut, '54, and DP ..namely Robley, Bullet, Horsehead, Knex, Eflix, SupaFly, Demz, Anchors, Skatehead, Andersatan, Stevland, SkHate, TNO
    Animal Machine--Slamooh, Shady, Amp for their unbelievably clean skating/filming and high quality video production
    Clayfighter--made every XBL party worth being in and always appreciated the nuances of this game
    Southcity's unbelievable command of the flickit system and his ability to spontaneously do anything and everything he wanted
    SkelliBonez' distinct style
    Signguy's no bullshit approach
    JackBarclay's epic video responses
    Triple Threat for "Tranny Killers"--not bad for a bunch of fruitbooters, lol.
    Gizzler for being more 'hesh' than me.
    ..and everyone else; too many to list. If youve made a skate.video and I watched it, most likely youve given me ideas for spots or tricks. Thank you all for perpetuating one of the best ways for me to waste my time--ah, the memories..

got the og demo day 1. lots of mega ramp sessions with dudes in my dorm. never got into the community til the end. but i distinctly remember sitting in my college's library watching a DP video thinking it was the coolest thing i've ever seen done with a video game. one windows media maker edit from og and i was hooked.

skate 2, roc must have taken pity on me or something. because i don't know how anyone would consider my sponsor me video good. but that's how i ended up chillin with him, embers, gym, redhook, quetonto, etc. dp54 was the defining vid of s2 in my book. had to step up my game after Triple Threat got noticed by the masses. I don't think i even knew what Hoodlum was until i was on it. fluckit became home. can't believe how long ago that was.

s3 - just doing what i do. saw a lot of crazy vids that i knew i would never come close to. but it was still too fun to quit. we all knew it had to end at some point. buying a pvr made this game bearable, otherwise i'd already be gone.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

been playin since og demo. Was lurkin through the old forum like skate.cc or skate-hell for videos and news but wasnt pretty active with postin till s3. Due to the fact that my internet connection sucked i had to wait till late s2 until i could upload footy and stuff. I joined some team called humanity but they never put out any footy, so i started doin solos. Then S3 dropped and someday i got on Henchman. Thanks to ChasmJ. sadly i got a lil late on Henchman, right before derk and vibez quitted i think. We putted out some Collabos but through some RL stuff there arent many projects nowadays. I think the first guys i really often seshed with were Old-Skooler and Valleyboy. OS asked me a few weeks ago to form Cap Faction S.T, so we asked the people which came to our mind and here we are....

Anyone remember the guy in ranked that would act like fat albert?
    he always talked like him.. funny stuff.

xxstr8up8pupxx
    xevil jezx
    turtledactor
    mcbluntski420
    xdutchmasterx
    x2greezyx
    potmunster
    sublime1984

Some of those x's might be wrong.. damn it's been a minute..
    I miss playing OG with friends.

love reading all this while i have no box to play on.
    no skate in like 2 months..
    hurtin...

at some point during og there was an incredible 3 months of glitch-holy-shit-im-going-through-a-roof moments.
    the only way to learn these new glitchy things was to go online and hopefully be taught by someone who knew.
    so the day i get xlive.
    post on the forums yo demzilla hollar at me.
    hoodlum members messaged me and the invites blasted off for the next 4 years.
    magic clay blackhawk mack adopted miles hitman...list goes on forever.
    awesome dudes and completely changed my mind on how much fun online really could be.

started playing at 4:32am the day of the og demo.
    it took me 4 hours to dl.

every demo ritual.
    eat 8pm.
    bar till 12am.
    if dl starts - go back to bar till 2am.
    if dl not available - go back to bar till 2am.

every full game release. (i could walk to mall in 2 mins)
    two days off work - paid work days.
    7:30am- smoke break.
    at 8am a beautiful breakfast at village inn.
    9am smoke break.
    from 9:30am-10am barnes and noble magazine check.
    10am-11am U.P.S. man arrives at eb / smoke break
    11:30am - game is marked, tagged, scanned and released into my custody.
    11:40am - smoke break.

top homies i jammed with.
    pretty much 54 and a few others from hoodlum and naut.
    clay magic mach miles hitman blackhawk stoked south skatehead anders.
    those boys are always down.

big homies.
    i hate these things for this reason.
    rob is good because theres so little and so much substance.
    flix is pure entertainment.
    knex roar is my kind of game play, prolly my most favorite.
    everyone has there reasons.

i never really looked up to anyone.
    im impressed at the three above more often then others but that doesnt mean that they dont have a shit part or two either.
    everyone has shit parts at some point.
    i always looked up to the dudes that destroy the engine.
    pawn sg snail south keenan sauders.
    these people found things and exploited them to the fullest.
    helping me get abetter understanding of what i want, whats capable and how to do it.
    snails new vid got me stoked.

i just want my kids back.
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...